How long until we're in the Top 10 | The Boneyard

How long until we're in the Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good Afternoon everyone:

Haven't seen this thread posted lately. Since the season is upon us, I thought I'd throw it out there. I believe we should already be a Top 10 team but the naysayers have been undervaluing us the last 5 years. Just curious of everyone's opinion.

I for one would rather be in the Top 10 in March!

Reaction Score
depends on composition of other big boys in p5

i know jack jones about them so you are asking wrong dude

however, this husky club is definitely on all p5 lists as team they do not want to see in elite 8 because they know if that is the case the opponent will be splashing final 4 style

Reaction Score
I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think UConn will enter the top 10 this season. I think that the Texas game is our best shot at hitting the top 10 in the regular season, and that's a game I'm legitimately nervous about.

Reaction Score
I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think UConn will enter the top 10 this season. I think that the Texas game is our best shot at hitting the top 10 in the regular season, and that's a game I'm legitimately nervous about.

Worry not tcf. this guy is still their coach

hqdefault.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Enjoy what we did last season; that kind of run doesn't happen every year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this team will have some growing pains this year. We're replacing 3 of our top 4 players from last year. It's going to take some time before these kids gel. If Ollie is able to make this transition seamless, I'll be very impressed.

Reaction Score

What? You must be kidding, right? You are crushing my hope and dreams!!!

Reaction Score
Next season- the season after? Peeps got to chill.
I am looking forward to seeing us improve over the course of the season - and I am going to try and enjoy it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Enjoy what we did last season; that kind of run doesn't happen every year.

True, every 5 or so historically. But they appear to have sped up that rate recently...so you never know.

You don't lose a point like Shabazz Napier and not have growing pains.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Whattt?...I already bought tix to the Texas game and long ago reserved my Nathan Hale hotel room - might as well cancel my plans

I won't be nervous heading into the Texas game because they are more experienced and higher ranked and are supposed to beat us...well maybe also because I will be nice and boozed up too

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We get into the tournament as an underachieving 8 seed, then win 6 games in a row to win back to back championships. At the end of the season, we'll be ranked #2 with something like a 26-13 record. And of course Kentucky, who went 35-3, gets more 1st place votes than UConn because the world hates our success.

Reaction Score
We get into the tournament as an underachieving 8 seed, then win 6 games in a row to win back to back championships. At the end of the season, we'll be ranked #2 with something like a 26-13 record. And of course Kentucky, who went 35-3, gets more 1st place votes than UConn because the world hates our success.

If we have 13 losses with our conference schedule, we're not making the Tournament, nevermind getting an 8 seed. (I know you weren't trying to be literal.)

Like someone else above, I also don't see us getting into the Top 10 this year. Our schedule is frontloaded with difficult games during a period where the team will still be figuring itself out. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 3 out of 4 vs. Texas, Dook, Florida, and Stanford, and lose one in PR next week as well. We're more likely to be unranked come January 1 than ranked in the Top 10.

By the time we right the ship in February, we'll be playing a soft AAC schedule and won't be able to make up ground quick enough. I think, similarly to last year, we end up ranked around #20 by the end of the year, probably deserving of a #5 seed, but will get a #7 seed again.

Of course, all of that speculation comes before we've even played a regular season game, so who knows.

Reaction Score
I think the OP was talking rebounding or perhaps assists or god forbid turnovers or total fouls or free throw percentages or blocked shots or ...........

Perhaps in one of those categories (or some another) we will make it. It starts tonight!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we have 13 losses with our conference schedule, we're not making the Tournament, nevermind getting an 8 seed. (I know you weren't trying to be literal.)

Like someone else above, I also don't see us getting into the Top 10 this year. Our schedule is frontloaded with difficult games during a period where the team will still be figuring itself out. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 3 out of 4 vs. Texas, Dook, Florida, and Stanford, and lose one in PR next week as well. We're more likely to be unranked come January 1 than ranked in the Top 10.

By the time we right the ship in February, we'll be playing a soft AAC schedule and won't be able to make up ground quick enough. I think, similarly to last year, we end up ranked around #20 by the end of the year, probably deserving of a #5 seed, but will get a #7 seed again.

Of course, all of that speculation comes before we've even played a regular season game, so who knows.
AAC Conference Tournament Champions* lol

Reaction Score
depends on composition of other big boys in p5

i know jack jones about them so you are asking wrong dude

however, this husky club is definitely on all p5 lists as team they do not want to see in elite 8 because they know if that is the case the opponent will be splashing final 4 style
Can someone decipher this for me. I know there is some hidden meaning or is Chap back on his meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom