How long have you been a UConn WBB fan? (poll) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How long have you been a UConn WBB fan? (poll)

How long have you been a UConn women's basketball fan?

• Since forever

Votes: 68 20.8%
  • Since 1995

Votes: 168 51.4%
  • Since UConn won its second championship in 2000

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • More recently than 2000

Votes: 37 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 35 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1995. My mother started watching them one game & she got hooked. And in turn she hooked me.

Reaction Score
Have become a Women Huskies fan since the 1990-1991 season when UCONN went to its
first final 4. What a ride!

Reaction Score
I have been a fan of UConn WBB ever since I can remember.

Ah, where am I? Who are you?

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
CPTV made me a fan. What a cool state it was - to have public TV showing every CT WCBB game!!!

Reaction Score
1991 first final four on telivision with Meg and Kerry and OMG Laura Lissness, such a sad loss to North Carolinina with the druggie Marion Jones!

Reaction Score
Since I walked on campus back in 1987. We use to get extra credit points if we attended a women's bball game, back in the day. That lasted 2 weeks. After that, if we attended a women's game, we had to write a 2-3 page paper about our experience of watching a women's game. Great times.

Reaction Score
As a 1970 UConn grad, I always rooted for all UConn sports teams. But I only watched the women’s games in the 70s when they played occasional doubleheaders with the men.
I started attending all the home games starting with the 87-88 season. I’ve had season tickets since they started charging for games.

Reaction Score
I started watching in 1995 when I started seeing a local girl's name in the paper and it noted she played for UConn. I followed Jen Rizzotti when she was at New Fairfield High School and just kept following her. Actually I guess that means I started following before 1995.
I'm with you, Patty. I got to see Jen lay a lot of basketball (and volleyball) while she was at New Fairfield High School and started rooting for the Huskies during her freshman year in '92-93.

Reaction Score
I became a fan in 2013 when Breanna Stewart came to Uconn, that she came here to win 4 National Championships and all the commentators would talk about was how she signed her letter of intent on the hood of her father's truck. But she kept her word and did it!!! I've been on the Boneyard since 2013. I finally joined this year so I could post replies to other posters comments and now spend up to 6 hours a day on the Yard. I've mentioned several times that I'm 89 and this gives me something to do and interact with other Boneyard posters of which there are many I respect and admire their knowledge of the game and Uconn. I have learned a lot and REALLY enjoy watching Uconn on TV or my computer. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I met Geno at the Final Four, I believe in 1987 in New Orleans. The men's and women's coaches conventions were held at the final four as well as numerous NCAA Committee meetings. It was a chance meeting in the lobby of one of the hotels. Everyone had a nametag with school name. He was from UConn, I was originally from Mass working in Florida. We were both Italian and close in age (young at the time). He was talkative, but what got me was the fact that he listened, and he asked me questions. I remember thinking "I like this guy." We also talked about about my grand mouther's and his mother's and grand mother's cooking.

In 1995, I remember seeing him on TV and thinking, "there's that guy. He's doing it." A few days after they won I was home for some reason watching Regis and Rebecca Lobo was on. She was young and out of her element on TV. She also has come a long way.

Reaction Score
Since I walked on campus back in 1987. We use to get extra credit points if we attended a women's bball game, back in the day. That lasted 2 weeks. After that, if we attended a women's game, we had to write a 2-3 page paper about our experience of watching a women's game. Great times.
I'd like to read one of those papers JB.

Reaction Score
I have been a fan since 1994-95 season. I was scanning the TV for something to watch when I came across the TN game being played in Storrs. I was amazed at the level of the competition, and got my friends to tune in thereafter. Upon their return from the Nat’l Championship in Minneapolis, I was amongst the mob of fans at Bradley International Airport to welcome the team. It was fun then, and I’m still enjoying their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom