How is there no BRIMAH thread?! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How is there no BRIMAH thread?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The game by our interior players could have opposising coaches rethinking their UConn strategy. That's a big help going forward.
Aside from the. 5 our shooting was actually pretty bad tonight and we won by 20 against a fairly talented team.
Our team defense was excellent UCF actually made some tough shorts .

Reaction Score
He cleaned 6 OR many put right back, if he's at the rim it almost has to happen with his size. Hands much better, hope this carries over but progress!

Reaction Score
I think you are. I'm a product of the 80's & never heard that one! LOL

Another one here. There may be more, trust me.

I brought all my LPs to a local vinyl shop recently. Guy behind the counter was like, "Wow, UK Subs, etc. I'll give yo a $300 credit." I think I got ripped off because I wasn't expecting that much.

Reaction Score
We're elite at 3 things : shot blocking , three point shooting, and FT %.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Good points. We also can be elite at defense.

Reaction Score
now lets see him go out and perform vs memphis and lousiville. that's what matters. yesterday's performance was certainly outstanding, but for it to have any significant impact, a similar performance atleast on the defensive end and offensive glass must become more of the norm.

Reaction Score
Another one here. There may be more, trust me.

I brought all my LPs to a local vinyl shop recently. Guy behind the counter was like, "Wow, UK Subs, etc. I'll give yo a $300 credit." I think I got ripped off because I wasn't expecting that much.

You should have brought them to Chumley…….

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It was a beautiful site seeing Brimah explode last night. But he had so much space down low it is hard for mt see how bad UCF was.

I don't foresee this again and hope I am very wrong.

Reaction Score
It was a beautiful site seeing Brimah explode last night. But he had so much space down low it is hard for mt see how bad UCF was.

I don't foresee this again and hope I am very wrong.

Yet UCF is known for doing work down low and being very limited at the perimeter. Which is what we saw last night. With Nolan and Olan der, they were scoring at will inside. And they were missing a lot of jump shots otherwise. They also have a bunch of beefy guy that rebound.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a big man coming out party like that since Al Lewis brought down the Civic Center roof against UMass back in 77 I think. Tonight our bigs caught Shabazz's passes. Bazz had a helluva game with an impact on D as well.

Don't think Al Lewis was on the team in 77 or even 76 I believe he was out by 75 but you could be right…..he was a crowd favorite though huh?

Reaction Score
I liked many things about AB last night but the most positive thing I saw is the way he went to the rim. He didn't try to lay the ball in or put it on the floor and dribble and lose it. He was very aggressive and dunked with authority. He understands he is 7'. His dribble would be the same height as Boat.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't think Al Lewis was on the team in 77 or even 76 I believe he was out by 75 but you could be right…..he was a crowd favorite though huh?

Problem was Al went right back in after he came out. Let's hope AB stays out.

Reaction Score
Not only did he catch the ball, but he moved into position to be open for passes several times. And how about his FT shooting - not only did he hit them, but without hesitancy and showed good form and confidence. He played a complete game, it was as if a switch went on. So happy for him.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I liked many things about AB last night but the most positive thing I saw is the way he went to the rim. He didn't try to lay the ball in or put it on the floor and dribble and lose it. He was very aggressive and dunked with authority. He understands he is 7'. His dribble would be the same height as Boat.

And I like how he went down low several times to lift up a fallen teammate.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable night for Amida.
Terrific game, who knew he had that in him? Not even KO! At least my hope of seeing him play more has been vindicated. Even Facey saw more time. Out with the Olander, in with the new!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Let's not forget Facey and Samuel here. Samuel came in late and made a couple great drives; one resulted in an open 3 and the other he finished at the rim with his left. Facey also got some rebounds too.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Yesterday Brimah proved what many of us on here have been saying all year: Brimah needs as many minutes as fouls permit at our center position because he has the most UPSIDE out of any of our centers. He is raw, but he just needs experience. Let him work through his mistakes and learn from them. He will learn how to play without fouling as well. We need him at his best by March so he should be on the floor at center as much as possible.

Does anyone else seriously think that Olander or Nolan are capable of putting up Brimah's line from yesterday? No wayyy. Keep playing Brimah as much as fouls permit.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Loved seeing UCF guards alter their shots big time because of Brimah's presence

Reaction Score
Great to see the big fella break out.

Now we need to see it with consistency to know its real. Still concerning that he picked up 4 fouls in 20 minutes of playing time, but what an overwhelmingly positive game. Opens our whole team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom