How Important is Sunday's Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How Important is Sunday's Game?

Reaction Score
I would have liked this post, but anyone who says "loose" instead of "lose" is not too bright. Sorry.

I hope that you feel extremely cool for pointing out a typo. And also I hope you built up some self-esteem for yourself by knocking me over a error on a message board post.

Congratulations. Enjoy

Oh by the way do you have a opinion on the subject or do you just troll around and check spelling ?

Reaction Score
Is the game close to a sell out?
Plenty of tixs available as of last night when I checked. Especially the full price $38 tixs. Still some $15 tixs behind baskets up high in 2nd level

Reaction Score
I'd say it's a need. Syracuse is no guarantee good if the try to hold against that one of their best player was not playing. Then a win against FL State and or Nova would give us a pretty darn good OOC. Of course win all games we're supposed to win

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd say it's a need. Syracuse is no guarantee good if the try to hold against that one of their best player was not playing. Then a win against FL State and or Nova would give us a pretty darn good OOC. Of course win all games we're supposed to win

No guarantee, but they usually seem to get better during the year. They have some guys who can play. Not having your PG is a HUGE issue, and they will be markedly better when he is completely healthy. You will see guys like Battle benefit greatly.

Reaction Score
Neither Cuse nor Zona will be Top 10 this year, but both will make the tourney. Very important to have multiple OOC wins vs tourney teams. This one may be the most winnable of the remaining 3 (Zona, FSU, Nova).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We can survive a close loss to Arizona, but we really need it to be a win. It would likely move us into the top 25 and that visibility, showing up on the ticker at ESPN and every website's default score list, is incredibly valuable to a team trying to restore its name. Recruits want to play for those teams.

As for today, if anyone things Hurley will allow them to look past UMass Lowell, and honestly, to not blow them out of the building, you aren't paying attention. I don't see any risk of that happening. With Wilson back (and Diarra soon) he has the ability to immediately bench anybody who isn't giving a Hurly approved level of effort.

As for the NCAA tournament, beating Arizona would help, but a close loss just adds pressure on future games vs FSU and Nova. The real problem is that our Cuse win is being devalued and we need the league to win non conference games or all of our conference wins will be devalued.

Reaction Score
We can survive a close loss to Arizona, but we really need it to be a win. It would likely move us into the top 25 and that visibility, showing up on the ticker at ESPN and every website's default score list, is incredibly valuable to a team trying to restore its name. Recruits want to play for those teams.

As for today, if anyone things Hurley will allow them to look past UMass Lowell, and honestly, to not blow them out of the building, you aren't paying attention. I don't see any risk of that happening. With Wilson back (and Diarra soon) he has the ability to immediately bench anybody who isn't giving a Hurly approved level of effort.

As for the NCAA tournament, beating Arizona would help, but a close loss just adds pressure on future games vs FSU and Nova. The real problem is that our Cuse win is being devalued and we need the league to win non conference games or all of our conference wins will be devalued.
It’s the same every season for us with our OOC and conference. I refuse to listen to talk about our Cuse win being devalued because these conversations go on constantly when teams beat ranked teams all year, and even ranked teams get beaten on given nights then bounce back, i prefer to say we did something good that night.

Reaction Score
This team has shown it can readily dispose of the cupcakes. The next step is to regularly beat the decent teams like Arizona. A win would certainly indicate substantial progress, as last year this game would certainly have been a double digit loss. I am in the cautiously optimistic camp. Things are certainly on track, but the team is emerging from a very low period.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It’s the same every season for us with our OOC and conference. I refuse to listen to talk about our Cuse win being devalued because these conversations go on constantly when teams beat ranked teams all year, and even ranked teams get beaten on given nights then bounce back, i prefer to say we did something good that night.

Last year we had WSU and Cinci ranked all year long. And Houston wasn't far off that pace. This year nobody in the league is ranked and the whole conference has no respect nationally. The only way to change that is by knocking off ranked or well regarded P5 and BE teams. It matters even more this year.

I think we did something very good against Syracuse. It was huge. But we need them to right the ship and get back to winning games so it continues to look good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The committee is not going to look at our win at Syracuse with an asterisk because Howard didn't play. If Syracuse is good this year it will be considered a good win. If they aren't good, than it won't be considered anything special.

This is correct. However, Syracuse will get the asterisk for their loss to us. No Howard, no fair. Worked with Boeheim a few years ago.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Last year we had WSU and Cinci ranked all year long. And Houston wasn't far off that pace. This year nobody in the league is ranked and the whole conference has no respect nationally. The only way to change that is by knocking off ranked or well regarded P5 and BE teams. It matters even more this year.

Especially true as the conference is really down both talent and team-wise, if we are being objective.

AAC might be a 2 bid league this year. Potentially 3, if a 3rd team outperforms, or unexpectedly wins the conference tournament.

Reaction Score
Especially true as the conference is really down both talent and team-wise, if we are being objective.

AAC might be a 2 bid league this year. Potentially 3, if a 3rd team outperforms, or unexpectedly wins the conference tournament.
The thing the conference has going for it is that the Pac is still down, and the BE is a bit down. So I think, if things break right, there could be 4 teams (4 of: Houston, Cincy, UCF, UConn, Temple).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The thing the conference has going for it is that the Pac is still down, and the BE is a bit down. So I think, if things break right, there could be 4 teams (4 of: Houston, Cincy, UCF, UConn, Temple).

That would be monumental given how I view the AAC teams comparatively on a national scale. EOD, they are going to have to rack up wins, because they aren't going to be given the benefit of the doubt.

It's amazing to me just how bad the PAC has been the last however many years. Just terrible.

Reaction Score
That would be monumental given how I see the AAC teams nationally.

It's amazing to me just how bad the PAC has been the last however many years. Just terrible.
It entirely depends on UCF, Cincy, and Houston taking care of business OOC.

Then, if UConn or Temple does the same, it gives the top half some buffer. Remember that another thing the AAC has going for it is that the bottom of this conference isn't as bad as it has been. I mean, I think USF and ECU were sub-300 teams last year, and there were other sub-200. They each may end up somewhere around 200-250. Just that itself is incredibly helpful.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Then, if UConn or Temple does the same, it gives the top half some buffer. Remember that another thing the AAC has going for it is that the bottom of this conference isn't as bad as it has been. I mean, I think USF and ECU were sub-300 teams last year, and there were other sub-200. They each may end up somewhere around 200-250. Just that itself is incredibly helpful.

Huge for SOS. It's been killing the league since inception.

Add to that, vis a vis the BE, Villanova not being a monster, brings the overall 'appearance' of the BE down, no matter the overall quality, or lack thereof, of the league itself.

Reaction Score
I hope that you feel extremely cool for pointing out a typo. And also I hope you built up some self-esteem for yourself by knocking me over a error on a message board post.

Congratulations. Enjoy

Oh by the way do you have a opinion on the subject or do you just troll around and check spelling ?
I think spelling and grammar give insight to a person's intelligence. Many people incorrectly use the word "loose" instead of the correct word "lose". I am not sure it was simply a typographical error in this case. You could call me a"loser", but not a "looser." I did agree with the content of your post so I did have an opinion on the subject in question.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Like everyone else is indicating, the players need to leave Sunday where it is and focus on tonight. The way Hurley has operated, that is exactly how he'll prepare the boys. UConn needs a solid win leading into the weekend.

However, after the last three seasons, every game at this point is a must win to me. I don't know much about the Wildcats, but I think UConn can beat Arizona, who just lost convincingly to Gonzaga and Auburn and have to fly 3,000 miles home before traveling another 3,000 across the country.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think spelling and grammar give insight to a person's intelligence. Many people incorrectly use the word "loose" instead of the correct word "lose". I am not sure it was simply a typographical error in this case. You could call me a"loser", but not a "looser." I did agree with the content of your post so I did have an opinion on the subject in question.

Maybe, but with autocorrect on the phone, and typing on the go, you can't really trust that analysis too much.

It burns me all the time. And I don't have time nor patience to re-read and correct.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Maybe? I think that's certainly the outside perception. But right now, I think the pre-season projections, except with respect to a few teams, have been shown to be mostly complete crap. Iowa was unranked. Syracuse was almost top ten. Nova looked great pre-season. Now? Kentucky? They are awful.

So I am not at all convinced that the league is as down as it seems.
  • Tulsa hung v close to Nevada, who is currently #5.
  • WSU had an awful first game, but beat PC and had very close losses to Davidson and Bama. They beat Rice by around 30 (Houston only bet them by 11). WSU is about to knock off two B12 teams, count on it. Houston hasn't had a test. Need them to do damage against Oregon, OSU and LSU.
  • UCF has a bizarre one point loss, but has two straight SEC teams coming up. Win those and they look good.
  • Cinci has a loss to Ohio State, but that's the NCAA ranking system's #1 team. They beat an SEC team and have some good games coming up with UNLV, Xavier, Miss St. and UCLA.
  • Memphis is the main disappointment. They need to knock off TT and give Tennessee a close game
  • Temple beat UGA and Call and has Missouri tonight then the Philly duo of St. Joes and Nova.

Reaction Score
It's a big game, no doubt.

1) It's another good OOC game
2) A win (along with a UMass-Lowell win) will possibly make us a top-25 team
3) Another chance (along with Cuse) to show that we can beat teams with size. Luther and Jeter will be a good challenge.

Reaction Score
Maybe in real life. On the internet, when you're typing rather than writing, it's much easier to make mistakes.

If you asked someone how to spell "lose" and they spelled "loose" than maybe you'd be write. But in a scenario where people are typing 60-80wpm, having your finger slip up, or adding an apostrophe when you don't actually need it isn't all that telling about a person's intelligence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom