How Important is Sunday's Game? | The Boneyard

How Important is Sunday's Game?

Reaction Score
Just wondering what the thinking is here, even though I'm sure there will be many points of view. The Cuse win was huge and after Sun there are just a couple more OOC chances.

Reaction Score
I would be disappointed if we lost but I don't think it's a make-or-break game.

That said, a win would be really big. If we came out of the OOC with wins against Cuse and AZ and no bad losses or major injuries, I would be really, really happy.

Reaction Score
I would say that it’s better to be 7-1 than 6-2... all games are important when we’re rebuilding. It’s premature at this point, but if we’re a bubble team, if we have a loss to Arizona, that could be something that keeps us out of the tournament.

Reaction Score
Not a make or break game this early in the season, but if we want to be a tournament team this year, its a game you really need to win at home. We will be underdogs to Florida State and Villanova on neutral courts (not saying we can't beat them) and we will only get so many opportunities for quality wins in the American. Arizona would be a nice quality win to put up there with Cuse.

Reaction Score
Lose tomorrow and it does not matter.

One game at a time.. Worry about tomorrow’s game.. They are a better than average cupcake and is a “trap” game.

Original Post is proof of overlooking a opponent. In a handful of games we are all of a sudden looking past any team is ridiculous. Has anyone remembered the last two seasons!

One game at a time.. I am confident Mr.Hurley is not overlooking the next opponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It is important....and I am not talking about for making the tournament or getting a ranking. Its important for fan/program morale. We are on the upswing right now after some very hard times which caused many (casual) fans to stop attending games. This game will be packed and we can't lay an egg. Winning would be great, losing a very close game would be ok as long as fans feel positive about the team when they are leaving. I think they will.

Reaction Score
Tuesday's game is, in some ways, moreso, because a loss would be devastating. I'm sure Hurley is in their ears about it.

That said...a loss is pretty unlikely. UML is 4-4 with losses to Brown and CCSU. They're roughly on par with UNH.

UMass Lowell
NET: 260
KenPom: 294
Sagarin: 288
BPI: 294
Massey: 295

The Arizona game is winnable. Their rankings are all over the place, but their 2 losses are to really good teams, and they beat Iowa State, who clocks in as a Top 25 team by most metrics (early, I know, but higher than Iowa by every measure). I think it will be tough--but a win would be very helpful.

Arizona
NET: 33
KenPom: 58
Sagarin: 34
BPI: 82
Massey: 38

Reaction Score
Very important IMO. Need to win your home OOC games and beating Arizona will keep the momentum going. Going into the FSU game at 8-1 would be huge in terms of coverage and relevance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty important. We need another high-profile OOC scalp.

Moreover, beating another household-name program like Arizona is critical for launching us back into national relevance.

Reaction Score
There's rarely a game you can point to and say it's a must win. There are almost always possibilities out there to wipe out a few losses. But this is one that would help a lot and would leave room for a few stumbles down the road

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I hope everyone who can is going to the game(wish I could). The XL half empty is a neutral site, the XL packed is a legitimate home game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm in the now. Not looking forward to anything other than this thread.

Reaction Score
I’m going and I think that the crowd will be electric as long as no egg is laid. Of course it’s a home game.

Reaction Score
I think it's a big game. Beating Arizona whenever is a good thing, and it would give us great momentum heading into the FSU match-up. Really excited for it, i'll be in attendance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom