How Hostile Can We Make Gampel Saturday? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How Hostile Can We Make Gampel Saturday?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Section 107 row F me and my wife were told by security they got complaints because we were standing so we had to sit down or move to the top of the concourse…thankfully by the second half we were able to stand but it’s really sad these casual fans want people to sit the whole game
100%. Early season, non-conference game, I get it. A blowout, I get it. A close BE home game after back to back losses, you gotta get up. Section I was in was standing and rowdy for the entire 2nd half.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It was an A+ crowd not just because of its noise and will to carry the team, but every fan who got called to the floor won their mini game including a half court shot and a dude who somehow hit a full court freaking putt.

We were not losing today after that.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It was an A+ crowd not just because of its noise and will to carry the team, but every fan who got called to the floor won their mini game including a half court shot and a dude who somehow hit a full court freaking putt.

We were not losing today after that.
It was insane. Never again will every contestant win like that. Talk about winning! After the guy hit that putt, I wanted to live bet us for a million.

Reaction Score
Rightfully so. Move to the top of the concourse if you want to stand the entire game.
It’s basketball newbies like you whom need to step it up or stay home. You’re at an exciting game, bring more with your ticket than just sitting on your hands shushing people. Try clapping or something, anything. Be a fan. jeesh. There’s this guy Big Red, next time he leads the U-C-O-N-N cheer get off your butt and join in! :confused:

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It’s basketball newbies like you whom need to step it up or stay home. You’re at an exciting game, bring more with your ticket than just sitting on your hands shushing people. Try clapping or something, anything. Be a fan. jeesh.:confused:

Standing the entire game, or even much of the game is stupid, and inconsiderate.

Reaction Score
It was insane. Never again will every contestant win like that. Talk about winning! After the guy hit that putt, I wanted to live bet us for a million.
Was great well needed mojo.

Reaction Score
Standing the entire game, or even much of the game is stupid, and inconsiderate.
Creighton didn’t like it, should be more considerate to the visiting team I guess, btw Diarra and Clignan motioned for everyone to stand.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What!? It’s our duty in a spot like today. November game vs Stonehill? Fine. Sit down and zip it. BE headliner in the house after back to back losses? Get up. It’s reciprocity. Us and the team feed off each other. DH thanked us in his first words in todays presser.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Couldn't be further from the truth, that gym was rockin' the whole game. Any three pointer they made the place erupted like they hit a buzzer beater. Didn't take 4 nice plays in a row for the crowd to stand up, and the crowd wouldn't use one mistake as an excuse to sit back down. Place put what we've seen at XL and Gampel so far this year to shame
Good god, this arena vs arena act has become juvenile and boring

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Move on already, stop wasting bandwidth

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was at the game today. The atmosphere was insane. Definitely big time. Brought 4 grandsons with me. They were impressed and want to come back, so we’ll be there for the Xavier game. We might just be seeing a boost in applications.
And lifelong fans are being created. I came out of the madness of the late 80’s/early 90’s. The atmosphere and madness at some of those games hooked me for life. Still here.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For some reason the cell phone light before the game, when it’s dark in Gampel, never took off. It was best at the Florida game a few years ago, but never stuck. Would be cool if it blew up. Looks fun.

Reaction Score
I prefer standing luckily for me the people in front of me stood so I just followed their lead.
are the high top tables on the baseline concourse new? first come, first serve?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Any three pointer they made the place erupted like they hit a buzzer beater.

Exactly. If everyone was already standing, what would the crowd have done after a three pointer or when the team needs a little juice, wave their hands and bark?

Close games, lead changes (either way), changes in momentum, play of the day shots, sitting in front of an obnoxious fan of the other team, absolutely stand. But standing the entire game is just standing.

This is stupid. I've been to 100s of games over 40+ years, and stand more than most people but never stand even close to the entire game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For some reason the cell phone light before the game, when it’s dark in Gampel, never took off. It was best at the Florida game a few years ago, but never stuck. Would be cool if it blew up. Looks fun.
They need to play a song that has an easy to follow beat. The one they play is hard to swing a phone to.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Exactly. If everyone was already standing, what would the crowd have done after a three pointer or when the team needs a little juice, wave their hands and bark?

Close games, lead changes (either way), changes in momentum, play of the day shots, sitting in front of an obnoxious fan of the other team, absolutely stand. But standing the entire game is just standing.

This is stupid. I've been to 100s of games over 40+ years, and stand more than most people but never stand even close to the entire game.

Kids, then they (we) grow up

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You definitely will not want to attend either the PC or Xavier games then

But then how will we know when to do the UConn chant?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom