How Hostile Can We Make Gampel Saturday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How Hostile Can We Make Gampel Saturday?

Reaction Score
there's been a bit of a firesale on tickets on the secondary markets in the last few days. get in price went from $100 to $50.
Looks like they put some of the student section for sale on secondary markets

Reaction Score
I was there tonight. Crowd was good but way far from overwhelming.

Please. Someone else at the game correct me if I was off.
Couldn't be further from the truth, that gym was rockin' the whole game. Any three pointer they made the place erupted like they hit a buzzer beater. Didn't take 4 nice plays in a row for the crowd to stand up, and the crowd wouldn't use one mistake as an excuse to sit back down. Place put what we've seen at XL and Gampel so far this year to shame

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I was there tonight. Crowd was good but way far from overwhelming.

Please. Someone else at the game correct me if I was off.
I also disagree completely. It was quite loud from the jump, seemingly louder than Gampel has gotten recently (and I have Gampel season tickets). I was practically in the student section, and many students were throwing beer cans all over the place, multiple "Ef Dan Hurley" chants. Everything feels a little tighter in The Dunk, like the fans are almost on top of the court. The seats are so tight together, also.

I think the crowd was a factor- we were way out of whack on both ends of the floor. Visibly rattled.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Our crowd has been good once so far this year. For 10 minutes when Joey C went bonkers vs Georgetown. In our defense, we haven’t really had to get up. We haven’t had a real marquee matchup, and even in the Nova game, the flow of the game never really necessitated us to go wild. PC needed a huge win and we were highly ranked. If Houston or Purdue were to come into Gampel, it would be jumping. Tomorrow is such a game. Creighton has owned us, they are a great team, and we are scratching and clawing for a win.

Reaction Score
This might come off condescending and I don't mean it that way at all, but Xavier was the #22 team and they were hosting #2. Providence was unranked and they were hosting #4. Those crowds are going to beat our crowds vs. unranked opponents every time. Not an indictment of our fan base, but the stakes have been significantly lower for us in every home game than it was for Xavier and Providence, and that's not even considering how crazy those arenas typically are anyway.

Creighton may be a different story because of the history of the last 2 years (and because we're on a losing "streak"), but I'm not at all surprised that Xavier and Providence's crowds were much louder than ours have been

Hopefully tomorrow proves me wrong! This is a huge game for us

Reaction Score
It'll be my first and likely only time up at Gampel this season. I'll be up at Storrs early to soak in the magic of the campus (Horsebarn Hill, top of Homer Babbidge, maybe Mansfield Hollow).

Prior to my drive, I'll have a nice coffee, a meditation that will center and focus me to a Hurley-esque chaos once the game starts.

Same routine as what I do before I coach games: super calm all day (my general affect) and then 75 minutes of energy...

CAN'T WAIT!
Off topic but Mansfield Hollow is one of my favorite places to go in CT in all seasons.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It'll be my first and likely only time up at Gampel this season. I'll be up at Storrs early to soak in the magic of the campus (Horsebarn Hill, top of Homer Babbidge, maybe Mansfield Hollow).

Prior to my drive, I'll have a nice coffee, a meditation that will center and focus me to a Hurley-esque chaos once the game starts.

Same routine as what I do before I coach games: super calm all day (my general affect) and then 75 minutes of energy...

CAN'T WAIT!
Oh, wait, I didn’t even know going to the top of a Homer Babbage was a thing. How does that work exactly?

Reaction Score
OK. So we know the refs hate us. It’s us against the world now. But we also have not been playing up to our potential - at all. And let’s not forget that these are BE road games. Did we expect to win every BE road game? Not gonna happen, even if we were calling our own fouls. What I did notice is that the X and PC crowds were wild. So how hostile can we make it for Creighton on Saturday? I know @gampelcrazies is with me. Let’s do this and get back on track. They boys need us, so let’s have their back.
the roof has to come off

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm bringing Mona Lisa Vito

EzRlEoXUUAM-guK

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
We are undefeated when I've worn my El-Amin. It will be on.
That was my other option but I ruined that mojo by wearing it during the Xavier game.

To counteract the poor mojo I put on the El-Amin jersey I am bringing the son of a UConn legend with me to the game. The Poughkeepsie Popper will be there in spirit with us.

Reaction Score
If the officiating isn’t significantly better than the last 2 games the loud atmosphere might turn into a riot. I’m having flashbacks of KO getting ejected after Giffey was literally thrown out of bounds right in front of the UConn bench with no foul call. Let’s hope the league has addressed this…it’s a bad look to have the best team in your league getting punked by the league officials game in and game out. Not great timing for the Big East either because if there’s one team that could leave this league for greener pastures it’s us and conference realignment is far from over.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh, wait, I didn’t even know going to the top of a Homer Babbage was a thing. How does that work exactly?
My wording isn’t as exciting as it sounds: just means a walk to the top floor and catch the views.

However, at school, I worked for A/V tech and had access to the keys of any classroom, especially when I had to do diagnostic run throughs of each classroom, which was pretty cool.

Didn’t use that for hi-jinx (great college job that paid well, nice bosses and the full time staff was cool, so didn’t want to disappoint them) but still cool to be in some of those rooms without anyone inside.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@XLCenterFan started drinking tonight for tomorrow's game.
Correction. Last night. Put down 2 Back East Double Scoops and then had the wife time me on chugging bottles of Rolling Rock. Did one in 10 seconds. Repeat performance tonight. Then its Treehouse in the car in the South Garage around 11 tomorrow. Woop woop!!!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Correction. Last night. Put down 2 Back East Double Scoops and then had the wife time me on chugging bottles of Rolling Rock. Did one in 10 seconds. Repeat performance tonight. Then its Treehouse in the car in the South Garage around 11 tomorrow. Woop woop!!!!
You don’t chug Rolling Rock, you enjoy it. Like a fine wine under the Tuscan sun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom