How has this team not improved | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How has this team not improved

Reaction Score
I think I might stop watching games. I don't think I ever did that in my 30 plus years of watching UCONN basketball. Yeah, my first impression is always why can't we even see some improvement from the team. We seem to be regressing with each game.

If you're over 50 and would like to be around the next time we make the Tournament, taking a break might be a good option.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Failure to improve over the course of the season is bad but worse to me is failure to improve year to year. That was a Calhoun stock in trade. Not just him, but all the great coaches. It used to be fun to imagine a player realize his potential. I haven't seen a player improve other than marginally in 3 years. Probably my strongest indictment on a coaching staff and players. There is no path to success in a backwater conference like this.

Reaction Score
These guys have been playing college basketball for 4 or 5 years now. They are who they are. We need an injection of new blood.

Especially on the bench. The guy who is running the program simply isn't up to it. Can't find many good players, can't keep many of them around, and can't coach them up when he does manage the the first two on this list.

Reaction Score
If you're over 50 and would like to be around the next time we make the Tournament, taking a break might be a good option.
I actually have been watching since I young kid. I miscalculated the years as it is about 40 to 41 but I’m still under 50. My father use to take me to the games at the civic center we’re I got to see corny Thompson and mike McKay play and then Vern Giscome and Karl Hobbs, chuck alexssinas, Norman bailey.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
well personally i've seen carlton improve on offense and kwintin improve his positioning on offense for dribble handoffs and positioning himself for an alley oop, etc. despite being caught out a bit at this level kwintin definitely has made some improvement since his last game which I believe was against Temple in which he couldn't do much. as for whaley, his help defense positioning has gotten much better. for larrier he seems to just force shots per usual and vital got to the line quite a bit despite that one pull up three pointer in the first half. jalen was jalen last night and he's the only reason we aren't 6-17 or something worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom