How has this team not improved | The Boneyard

How has this team not improved

Reaction Score
Are you not watching? It's real easy to see why they haven't improved. No accountability to stop doing dumb stuff. But I know you know why 99!

haha so true. Such a brain drain

Reaction Score
I think I might stop watching games. I don't think I ever did that in my 30 plus years of watching UCONN basketball. Yeah, my first impression is always why can't we even see some improvement from the team. We seem to be regressing with each game.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
I believe they've just given up on the season. Just that simple. And they weren't that good to start. Any predictions on how many games under .500 when this mercifully ends??

Reaction Score
I think I might stop watching games. I don't think I ever did that in my 30 plus years of watching UCONN basketball. Yeah, my first impression is always why can't we even see some improvement from the team. We seem to be regressing with each game.

I also stopped recording and watching games this year. My first since I started watching in 1991. Never in a million years would I have ever guessed that I wouldn't care about a Uconn Basketball game. Never say never I guess.....wow!

Reaction Score
With a new shot clock (after a made bucket) Vital catches the ball which just crossed half court, with only 6 seconds in and hoists a 3 point bomb, that misses. The opponent rebounds (because no UConn player in rebound situation) and scores. 2 minutes later Vital does it again.

What I don't understand (and this is the growth issue) is that Ollie sees this and after the miss, simply returns to his seat. This is every freakin game. No offense, no look to pass, no effort of getting others involved, just shoot the shot with no regard for game situation.

Ollie let's this happen game after game, with no repercussion, no changes to this non-play, and no effort to correct Vital's bad habit. It makes Vital look uncoached.

(I'm not picking on Vital, just as an example, there are many more un-coached scenarios).

Albert Mouring was a much better shooter but I know JC would have choked him after the 1st 'selfish shot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With a new shot clock (after a made bucket) Vital catches the ball which just crossed half court, with only 6 seconds in and hoists a 3 point bomb, that misses. The opponent rebounds (because no UConn player in rebound situation) and scores. 2 minutes later Vital does it again.

What I don't understand (and this is the growth issue) is that Ollie sees this and after the miss, simply returns to his seat. This is every freakin game. No offense, no look to pass, no effort of getting others involved, just shoot the shot with no regard for game situation.

Ollie let's this happen game after game, with no repercussion, no changes to this non-play, and no effort to correct Vital's bad habit. It makes Vital look uncoached.

(I'm not picking on him, just an example, there are many more un-coached scenarios).

Albert Mouring was a much better shooter but I know JC would have choked him after the 1st 'selfish shot.

The man lacks a plan......or even a clue.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The problems runs deeper than lack of talent and poor shooters. How many times the last few games has our opponent scored on inbounds plays? Do we even have one that tries to score?

That’s why they work so well against us....we don’t recognize what inbound plays are.

Reaction Score
I also stopped recording and watching games this year. My first since I started watching in 1991. Never in a million years would I have ever guessed that I wouldn't care about a Uconn Basketball game. Never say never I guess.....wow!
I probably will still watch on and off as I'm a die hard fan but if I have other stuff I'm doing with my wife I won't stop that to check out a game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd like to remind everyone a bunch of 18-22 year olds who have rarely faced adversity on a basketball court have been gut punched and are trying to figure out how to regroup all within a 3 month period.

They need an adult to steady the ship while they are doing what normal teens do.

Reaction Score
I'd like to remind everyone a bunch of 18-22 year olds who have rarely faced adversity on a basketball court have been gut punched and are trying to figure out how to regroup all within a 3 month period.

They need an adult to steady the ship while they are doing what normal teens do.

Absolutely and of course they do. Unfortunately they have kevin ollie.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Coaching aside, there’s just not nearly enough talent on the roster.

Outsider of Carlton and Diarra who gets jerked around to no end, the front court is the Dead Sea. We have a few interesting mid-major types, but that’s the extent of it.

We’ll win six or seven games if we try to do this again next year without Adams.

Reaction Score

(I'm not picking on Vital, just as an example, there are many more un-coached scenarios).

No accountability. What KO fails to realize is if he held some guys accountable we would lose the game we would have lost anyways but just maybe to would he the message and stop doing it.

And yes, we have very little to no talent. But it doesn't matter you still have to coach.

Reaction Score
Come on people, no coach in America can win with this collection of talent. David Onuorah averaged 3 pg at Cornell but started games at UCONN, Kwintin Williams? Cobb averaged 1 pg at South Carolina and 10 at Chipola college, Anderson averaged 11 pg his senior season at Fordham and shot 41%. Gilbert hurt, Diarra and Larrier coming off injuries.

Did anyone really expected us to win with this roster?
There is a difference in hoping we win the game and we will win the game. Winning changes everything. Great players make ok coaches look great.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Come on people, no coach in America can win this collection of talent. David Onuorah averaged 3 pg at Cornell but started games at UCONN, Kwintin Williams? Cobb averaged 1 pg at South Carolina and 10 at Chipola college, Anderson averaged 11 pg his senior season at Fordham and shot 41%. Gilbert hurt, Diarra and Larrier coming injuries.

Did anyone really expected us to win this roster?
There is a difference in hoping we win the game and will will win the game.

Nope, just looking for some measure of improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom