How good will Tennessee be next year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How good will Tennessee be next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I can't believe these endless threads about UT. (Just me.)

Reaction Score
a) the west is not as weak as you think it is. It's easy to research the classes coming in at Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC, UW, etc.

I think Cal and UCLA are on the upswing, but both lose a lot to graduation. Particularly the Bruins. I think both take a step back next year, making it easier for Stanford.

Reaction Score
They are getting a 6'5 center and a top 10 guard. Do you think they will finally be able to beat teams in their path to meet up with UConn?
The correct answer is Who Cares, This is a UCONN Board ;)

Reaction Score
I say a very good team. Add Russell to Harrison and Graves that improved the post game. Add Carter and Reynolds to guards. The team should be stronger than last year baring injuries. I expect a final four.

I agree with you. Anything less than a FF appearance will be a disappointment

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
According to the wiki link you provided you have the wrong result. Tenn won NC by 23 according to Wiki.

Yeah, Tennessee won. I was talking about UT. (In a small section of the southeast, UT means Tennessee, in a small part of Ohio, it means Toledo, in most of the world it means Texas.)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Guard play will determine how far Tenn goes next year. IMHO if Simmons starts for most of their games and in the tournament, then they bow out in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.

A lot of fans and experts thought that Elizabeth Williams the #1 post player coming out of HS would get Duke to the promise land and so far it hasn't. Many are expecting the same out of Mercedes Russell. IMHO Mercedes is not the talent that Williams was coming out of HS, so I would expect similar results. The potential is there, but I don't think the Lady Vols have a SuperStar that can carry a team for 6 games in the tournament. Now if they get to the Final Four, which is held in Nashville, then they'll definitely have the fan support. Can you imagine a UConn vs Lady Vols game for the National Championship in Nashville? An ESPN Dream.

I believe that you and I have agreed on this point in the past, that Russell will not be as good as others think she will be. I still don't see the skill level to be able to dominate. I think she will be a good player but not a GREAT player.

But, I could be wrong...:rolleyes:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Pat coached for 38 years, Geno 28, with 27 years overlap.

Pat started in 75, coached for 11 years without Geno. Geno started in 86. Next 27, both coached. This year, Geno, but not Pat.

Reaction Score
I believe that you and I have agreed on this point in the past, that Russell will not be as good as others think she will be. I still don't see the skill level to be able to dominate. I think she will be a good player but not a GREAT player.

But, I could be wrong...:rolleyes:
I agree too. Seems to lack strength. Might take 2 or 3 years to be a dominant player. But. since we don't play Utenn, it's not worth spending much time thinking about it. For most teams, the road to the final 4 is long and fraught with peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom