how good can Boat be? | The Boneyard

how good can Boat be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm not sure anybody expected to see what we're seeing. A leader, a scorer, a facilitator, a defender, a rebounded

when the team needs something, he delivers

the kid is amazing

Reaction Score
Everything begins with and ends with Boat. He means more to this team than Bazz did to last years team, and that is saying a lot.

Only guard on the team that has really good handle and vision. If he is not scoring he is facilitating. If he is not facilitating he's got the attention of 2 or 3 guys on the defense allowing guys like Purvis to attack the lane or guys like Hamilton to hit the open 3.

His rebounding, tenacious D, calm demeanor and leadership has been nothing short of amazing.

Hes got the heart of a champion and he's hungry for another ring.

I just wish he would attack the rim more and shoot as oppose to kick out. He needs to be getting to the line at least 10 times a game every game (He got to 10 today). He is shooting 92% at the line, and should be getting star treatment when it comes to fouls. So if he attacks and just throws up anything resembling a shot he should be getting most of the calls, as his star grows so will the calls in his favor. This also puts the other team in foul trouble early and often.

Reaction Score
Watching him here in person in Puerto Rico. It's like watching Bazz 2.0.

A NOSE FOR THE BALL

Reaction Score
Everything begins with and ends with Boat. He means more to this team than Bazz did to last years team, and that is saying a lot.

Only guard on the team that has really good handle and vision. If he is not scoring he is facilitating. If he is not facilitating he's got the attention of 2 or 3 guys on the defense allowing guys like Purvis to attack the lane or guys like Hamilton to hit the open 3.

His rebounding, tenacious D, calm demeanor and leadership has been nothing short of amazing.

Hes got the heart of a champion and he's hungry for another ring.

I just wish he would attack the rim more and shoot as oppose to kick out. He needs to be getting to the line at least 10 times a game every game (He got to 10 today). He is shooting 92% at the line, and should be getting star treatment when it comes to fouls. So if he attacks and just throws up anything resembling a shot he should be getting most of the calls, as his star grows so will the calls in his favor. This also puts the other team in foul trouble early and often.

Boat means a lot but to say he means more than Bazz did is going out on a limb. Also the to say he allows Purvis and Hamilton to attack the ones may be a bit backwards. These guys have some handle, unlike DD and Giff. Lasan had a little but that was it and Boat as 2nd fiddle was very nice with the ball. But Boat has Purvis with a decent handle, a 3 with a very good handle in DHam, another set of off the bench guards in Sam Jr and TSam with nice handle - in fact these additions make Boats job much easier than Bazz had it. Love Boat but Bazz meant more to last years team than he ever will, just my opinion!

Reaction Score
He has really improved his game since he arrived at UConn. He is now a complete player and a leader. He is fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Boat is currently averaging 21 points, 5 assists and 6 rebounds and 2+ steals a game. I know its early, but those are some gaudy numbers in college. Hard to compare Boat to Bazz last year in importance, what is clear though, whenever Boat this year or Bazz last year(first half of the year) went out, bad things seem to happen.

Reaction Score
If we had a big power guy who liked to dunk lots he would do well with Boat, NOBODY can stay in front of him and hes great at passing off the drive.

Reaction Score
Boat means a lot but to say he means more than Bazz did is going out on a limb. Also the to say he allows Purvis and Hamilton to attack the ones may be a bit backwards. These guys have some handle, unlike DD and Giff. Lasan had a little but that was it and Boat as 2nd fiddle was very nice with the ball. But Boat has Purvis with a decent handle, a 3 with a very good handle in DHam, another set of off the bench guards in Sam Jr and TSam with nice handle - in fact these additions make Boats job much easier than Bazz had it. Love Boat but Bazz meant more to last years team than he ever will, just my opinion!

I can definitely see where you are coming from, but in my opinion Purvis' handle is decent but his vision for a guard not so much. His best offense is him just putting down his head and barreling towards the rim. He could have kicked out a few times to a wide open Boatright for a 3 but elected not to which is fine, but from the few games I have seen of him including pre-season, when he drives he has very little intention of kicking out, which limits him as an offensive playmaker.

I would not consider TSam's handle to be nice, anytime he drives in the paint there seems to be a 50% chance he will end up losing the ball.

Sam Jr., probably has the second best handle on the team but he seems to be really limiting himself as solely a perimeter player, and while better than Purvis, Sam is not much of a facilitating guard (as of yet).

I will agree with you and say that Hamilton has very good handle for a 3 (but my original post was referring only to the guards when talking about ball handlers ;)

Lastly having Boat (Jr), giffey (Sr), and Daniels (Jr) is better offensive support than Purvis (So), Hamilton (Fr), and Facey (So), in my opinion. Hence my belief Boat is worth more to this team than Bazz was to last years team at this young stage of the season, and I really don't see that changing much throughout this season!

And not to mention I think Boat's defense means more to this team than Bazz's defense for last years team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom