• Undefeated champions, a close call here or there

• 1 loss Champions

• 2+ loss Champions

• No Championship

Results are only viewable after voting.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well she started out hot. Didn't she set the record for most points in her first 10 UConn games or something like that? Once we got to the winter it seemed like she hit that wall like most freshmen where she looked out of sorts for a couple of months. It was a bit of a roller coaster season for Stewie.
Actually if you go back and look at Stewie's stats for Nov-Dec of her freshman year, she had big games against weaker teams (Charleston, Marist, Colgate, Oakland, etc.) and less than impressive games against ranked teams (TX A&M, MD, PSU, Stanford).

Once the Big East conference schedule started she continued to be inconsistent. Once the Big Dance started, Stewie emerged from a phone booth with her Supergirl cape on and dominated everybody.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There are still some posters that are concerned if Dangerfield will make a "significant" sophomore leap this year. Maybe this will help. This is an excerpt from an article by Jim Fuller on Monday (July 17) about Dangerfield -

UConn’s Crystal Dangerfield will called on to be one of the leaders for the U.S. team at the FIBA U19 World Cup.

"The pursuit of another gold medal while representing her country is enough to get Crystal Dangerfield fired up for the upcoming FIBA U19 World Cup. However, the event which begins Saturday in Italy, also provides the rising sophomore a bit of a dress rehearsal of some of the things she may be asked to do in her second season at UConn. With a season under her belt, Dangerfield is drawing positive reviews for the confidence she displayed during pickup games with her teammates, giving every indication that lessons were learned during her inconsistent freshman season.

Dangerfield’s leadership role with the Huskies is still to be determined, but there is no question that she will be asked to point the way for the U19 team as the U.S. goes after its seventh straight gold medal. Dangerfield is the only member of the squad who played on the gold-medal winning U19 squad in 2015.

With a highly-touted freshman class featuring national high school player of the year Megan Walker, guard Mikayla Coombs and sweet-shooting wing players Andra Espinoza-Hunter and Lexi Gordon as well as post players Batouly Camara and Azura’ Stevens being eligible, it’s quite possible the Huskies will press and trap more than they have in recent seasons. That would be just fine with Dangerfield.

“I think the team that we have here this year, I feel like we can really run teams,” Dangerfield said. “We can have a whole five to come in (off the bench) if necessary, so I think working hard during these summer sessions is helpful. Sometimes we don’t like it but we need it."

I wonder if Geno would consider an experiment with running a full court press featuring 5 in, 5 out every 3 minutes of the first quarter during the 2 exhibition games, to see how effective it would be. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was thinking of taking the trek up the 405 from San Diego and seeing the UCLA game, too. Do you Boneyarders ever meet up at games or does everyone prefer to remain anonymous?

Unfortunately, UConn does not come west often enough (to suit me). UCLA (Westwood) is in my backyard. I will be at the game. The only other time I've seen them in person was when they came west in November 2014.
It would be nice if the Boneyard faithful that will be attending this game can meet someplace inside Pauley Pavilion before the game, or during halftime. There will be a lot of UConn fans in attendance.

I was surprised at the large number of Husky fans (proudly dressed to the nines in their UConn gear) at both games (UC Davis and Stanford) in 2014. It's always nice to meet and greet other Husky fans, and put some faces with some handles. I have yet to have the pleasure of attending a game at Gampel. That remains on my short bucket list.

As the game date approaches, perhaps we can designate a meeting place inside the arena for the UConn fans attending the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, UConn does not come west too often (to suit me). UCLA (Westwood) is in my backyard. I will be at the game. The only other time I've seen them in person was when they came west in November 2014.
It would be nice if the Boneyard faithful that will be attending this game can meet someplace inside Pauley Pavilion before the game, or during halftime. Get a chance to meet and greet other UConn fans, and put some faces with some handles. I have yet to have the pleasure of attending a game at Gampel. That remains on my short bucket list.

As the game date approaches, perhaps we can designate a meeting place inside the arena for the UConn contingent attending the game.
I will be there. As time gets nearer let's decide on a meet-up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, UConn does not come west often enough (to suit me).
In the famous words of Horace Greeley, "Go East young man!"

.....Maybe I got that wrong....:oops:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You suggest I need a thick skin when you're the one white knighting all through this thread. Nobody here needed saving. The Boneyard didn't require "defending" because the Boneyard wasn't being attacked... nobody was. You felt it needed defending because it was a contrary opinion from a "guest"... you could've used your "thick skin" and ignored my post just like everybody else who's looking in on this thread.. instead, you wanted to play the almighty knight and to be "spared of lectures"...

Yeah, thick skin...

White Knight. Yes! Thanks for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom