How does Rutgers outrecruit us? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How does Rutgers outrecruit us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I think Addazio would like to take over when PP leaves UConn.

Nothing of substance here, just a hunch...

Reaction Score
You may be right. But who knows...

Personally I'd like Tom Coughlin to coach the team...but he's unavailable.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You may be right. But who knows...

Personally I'd like Tom Coughlin to coach the team...but he's unavailable.
Who's the leader in the clubhouse? I'm betting they promote a current staffer, and pray they keep the class together. Not a lot of good options available with previous head coaching experience.

Reaction Score
Who's the leader in the clubhouse? I'm betting they promote a current staffer, and pray they keep the class together. Not a lot of good options available with previous head coaching experience.

You're absolutely right! However, there are some options, and some pretty good ones imo.

The smartest thing(s) that Pernetti did was make Flood the interim coach, and get himself hired as part of the staff on an interim basis, so he could talk to the recruits. That was a brilliant strategy. In this case, since interviews are suppposed to be conducted very soon, no one knows who's on campus being interviewed. From what I understand the interim coach is very well respected and knows his X's and O's, and he can coach. Although it didn't look like it this season, his track record in the past says otherwise, just that he's come under a B-A-D! Lots of people like Cristobal, because of what he's done with FIU recently, and his connections down in Fla, and some NJ ties. As far as that is concerned, Coach Flood, who's the interim, is probably the guy that some would like to see. At this point, it's a tossup! Do we want an asst, or a guy with a pproven track record with EXPERIENCE. THE SHORT TIME WILL TELL! Fwiw, I wouldn't be shocked if the 3 faves mentioned get the nod, or a darkhorse comes out of no where as a suprise to come into the picture and take over the helm. Right now, we need THE guy who can keep a majority of the class together or all, and continue the emphasis on improvement and beyond.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I think Addazio would like to take over when PP leaves UConn.

Nothing of substance here, just a hunch...

i have heard from a reliable source that he and hiw wife have been looking to move back to CT for years...just needs a job.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have heard from a reliable source that he and hiw wife have been looking to move back to CT for years...just needs a job.
kkkkkkkkkcoach in waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak