How do the Hurley naysayers want their crow prepared? | The Boneyard

How do the Hurley naysayers want their crow prepared?

Reaction Score
Seriously……all the Hurley haters should step forward for their penance.

With all the program has been through, the clear culture that Hurley had been instilling throughout, the recruiting momentum, the on court results and steady ascension back into a legitimate top 25 team for the better part of the last 2.5 years……we still had a good portion of fans complaining about this guy for a few bad performances.

He’s got the team in the championship the first season the roster is contained of 100% his players.

Feels good to see him relishing in this opportunity and hopefully all the haters are humbled given the outspoken doubts about his abilities.

Reaction Score
People are generally impatient. Then there's this board X100. DH has grown, he's learned, he's matured, he's listened, he's evolved. All the things you would hope of a great leader. Building a program doesn't happen over night or in one or two seasons, like the naysayers wanted. He's a carpenter, not a miracle worker. We are very lucky to have DH as our head coach, and hopefully for many, many years to come. Go UConn!!!

Reaction Score
Would be great to have a pinned hall of shame of posts

And the posts of those who said Newton wasn’t any good, Alleyne shouldn’t see the court, Joey C will never play a minute, Donovan won’t play until his junior year because he stayed at Bristol Central… right? All the naysayers posts.

What an amazing amount of wasted time that would be because everyone would be on here.

Move on please enjoy this thing we have together!

Reaction Score
I think there’s a difference between naysayers and those that were frustrated. I put myself in the latter camp. I never wanted him out. I just wanted him to be better. And he has been light years better.

So I will eat my crow. Never wanted to see him fail. Just wanted him to improve and he’s done that. In spades.

Reaction Score
And the posts of those who said Newton wasn’t any good, Alleyne shouldn’t see the court, Joey C will never play a minute, Donovan won’t play until his junior year because he stayed at Bristol Central… right? All the naysayers posts.

What an amazing amount of wasted time that would be because everyone would be on here.

Good point. There are usually very good reasons to have doubts. There are rare exceptions where doubt turns to cynicism but, for the most part, people are reasonable. Delusional people that are still delusional even when proven right. But when someone removes the doubt, then almost everyone is in agreement. Hurley removed all doubt and we are all happy. It takes a special type of insecure to come to a message board to gloat.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Having wrong takes is one thing. Not thinking Hurley was the right guy until this run is completely idiotic.

Reaction Score
Having wrong takes is one thing. Not thinking Hurley was the right guy until this run is completely idiotic.
Agree 100.

I think we should save any of these crow-eating posts until after Monday night.

But...I was 100% in the "Clingan is not going to be good" camp and definitely did not think Joey C. was going to get any run.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

With all the program has been through, the clear culture that Hurley had been instilling throughout, the recruiting momentum, the on court results and steady ascension back into a legitimate top 25 team for the better part of the last 2.5 years……we still had a good portion of fans complaining about this guy for a few bad performances.

He’s got the team in the championship the first season the roster is contained of 100% his players.

Feels good to see him relishing in this opportunity and hopefully all the haters are humbled given the outspoken doubts about his abilities.
Seriously
These postings every damn game. Just fishing for likes and tiring
Everyone wants UConn to do well and we all want them to win tomorrow
But not everyone is a "Hurley is great" sheeple
Enjoy the ride and don't worry - as you mature you will find in life not everyone needs to think the same as you.

BTW - not a Hurley hater but I still have my reasons not to idolize or even like the guy yet still realize that he has something to do with the success.

Reaction Score
We are UConn fans, we are tough customers but at the end of day, they are our family!

to quote Jordan Hawkins: “ we are all A-h.o.l.e.s but we are all good A-h.o.l.e.s, I would want nothing more than play for the coach and with these guys! “.

Reaction Score

People had criticisms for Hurley during their 2-6 stretch and rightfully so at many times. It was rare, if at all that anyone said “fire him” so this is just as ridiculous as “wrong takes.” He did a great job adjusting after all the Big East schools did, it took time but he and the staff did. Same with Newton he had a rough stretch and has been really good during the run. Alleyne found his place in the lineup and Joey got his game back. DC has been good pretty much throughout so many people were wrong there, let’s throw them off the Boneyard for crying out loud.

It’s not different at all, we should all just celebrate the fact they ALL figured it out so we could enjoy this season.

Reaction Score
Seriously
Enjoy the ride and don't worry - as you mature you will find in life not everyone needs to think the same as you.

BTW - not a Hurley hater but I still have my reasons not to idolize or even like the guy yet still realize that he has something to do with the success.
Except Hurley is great so there’s no reason to call anyone a sheepie anymore. And if we got bounced early you’d be at the front of the line saying how his coaching seat is warm.

So the OP is right and those of us who spent months arguing with the Hurley Haters are feeling pretttttyyy good right now

Reaction Score
People had criticisms for Hurley during their 2-6 stretch and rightfully so at many times. It was rare, if at all that anyone said “fire him” so this is just as ridiculous as “wrong takes.” He did a great job adjusting after all the Big East schools did, it took time but he and the staff did. Same with Newton he had a rough stretch and has been really good during the run. Alleyne found his place in the lineup and Joey got his game back. DC has been good pretty much throughout so many people were wrong there, let’s throw them off the Boneyard for crying out loud.

It’s not different at all, we should all just celebrate the fact they ALL figured it out so we could enjoy this season.
It was a bad stretch but there’s absolutely no chance we are where we are today without that slump. That’s massive credit to Hurley & staff

Reaction Score

Well said

Reaction Score
It was a bad stretch but there’s absolutely no chance we are where we are today without that slump. That’s massive credit to Hurley & staff
Wait, what?? That’s taking things a bit too far saying we had to go 2-6 to get where we are today. That is definitely not cause and effect. Give me a break.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Seriously

“I still realize that he has something to do with the success”.
He has everything to do with the success. Stop with that crap.
If we win tomorrow, we’re going to idolize the heck out of him. And deservedly so, because he’s a great coach who put this staff and culture together. Credit to AD Dave for the hire. It’s hard to win a national championship- something us UConns fans never had a good grasp on. And after tomorrow, will have even less of a grasp of.

Reaction Score
I'm not serving up any crow, and certainly not until Tuesday morning at the earliest, but it is pretty remarkable that 3 weeks ago people were talking about how losing to Marquette proved Hurley couldn't win big games, was surely going to lose to Iona, and would be on the hot seat next year.

Reaction Score
I think there’s a difference between naysayers and those that were frustrated. I put myself in the latter camp. I never wanted him out. I just wanted him to be better. And he has been light years better.

So I will eat my crow. Never wanted to see him fail. Just wanted him to improve and he’s done that. In spades.
I totally respect that. Can understand that perspective.

Reaction Score
Most of the criticism was earned and legit.
Not even close, some refused to acknowledge the huge setbacks that were the Akok and Bouknight injuries and apparently you are still there, both were studs who had their UCONN career neutered by their injuries.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

There was literally a thread titled “fire Hurley”.
Again, questioning coaching is one thing. Thinking he should be fired or thinking he should be on the hot seat is another—and no matter the number, those posts should make the hall of shame.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

We know who we are and they know who they are -- this board has a working search function. There's no need to pick an internal fight a day before a game we all want to win.*

*except for freescooter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom