How come we have no plays for Giffey? | The Boneyard

How come we have no plays for Giffey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He should be coming off the screens for open jumpers. He's our most accurate shooter and doesn't get nearly enough shots.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He should be coming off the screens for open jumpers. He's our most accurate shooter and doesn't get nearly enough shots.
I'm not sure he would be as accurate with his shot getting the ball coming off screens. He's a set and shoot type player. He has to be positioned to be facing the basket when taking the shots. I'm not sure he could receive the ball, turn, face the basket and make shots. I'm sure they tried this in practice.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure he would be as accurate with his shot getting the ball coming off screens. He's a set and shoot type player. He has to be positioned to be facing the basket when taking the shots. I'm not sure he could receive the ball, turn, face the basket and make shots. I'm sure they tried this in practice.

I think he would be fine and even if he doesn't shoot it at a 65% rate and instead is 40 nothing wrong with that…..he wouldn't change that much coming off the curl and getting it in position to shoot the ball…needs to happen but we already mentioned that in another thread or 12……lol

To add to this can you imagine if we had a big like Alex or a rebounder like Roscoe?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think he would be fine and even if he doesn't shoot it at a 65% rate and instead is 40 nothing wrong with that…..he wouldn't change that much coming off the curl and getting it in position to shoot the ball…needs to happen but we already mentioned that in another thread or 12……lol

To add to this can you imagine if we had a big like Alex or a rebounder like Roscoe?
I saw the comment that James made. Forget Alex. Would love a Roscoe type rebounder on the offensive end. It would pull players to the post and make RB's, SN and NG's life a lot easier.

Reaction Score
I saw the comment that James made. Forget Alex. Would love a Roscoe type rebounder on the offensive end. It would pull players to the post and make RB's, SN and NG's life a lot easier.

Hate to bring up bad threads but there's no doubt Wolf would have helped, could pass it and had a presence when out of foul trouble……….but again someone else would not be playing or even be in Storrs so be it as it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom