How come the Boneyard doesn't get a press pass? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How come the Boneyard doesn't get a press pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I nominate TDH to cover for the BY. Objective, sees all perspectives, and is wed to the "ground and pound" offense that eats up clock and keeps the other offense on the sidelines ("WE ARE UCONN, WE ARE SMASHMOUTH"). Big proponent of the "get a quick FG, sit on the ball and wind the clock down". Perfect for the job.

Oh wait . . . he'd probably be arrested before halftime of the first game, have his season tickets revoked for life or get a beatdown from a player or member of the coaching staff - or both. Besides, I know for a fact that I'm (ahhh . . . meant to say "he's) not about to get into the stadium anytime before kickoff. Too much tailgating to give up to watch some players introduction or the band or even that thing they do to actually start the game. Only done that twice since Rentschler opened - Indiana, because of it's historical significance and Michigan, hoping they were acting as official ambassadors and be presenting UConn with an official invite to the BiG.

Reaction Score
Scout is probably recognized as being legitimate. He could also get a credential through the publication he free lances for. I believe it came out that that is how Ken Krayeske obtained his credential in order to bait Coach Calhoun.

I'm sure we all agree that turned out well. Thankfully, JC didn't have access to a firearm.

Reaction Score
Has anyone mentioned Medic yet? He'd have a link up to his report before he's even done writing it.

Thanks but...

nope1.gif

Reaction Score
Maybe start up a boneyard podcast, i know they have college football podcasts, why not specifically for Uconn Football/boneyard. Can have like topic of the day and maybe once a week for an hour, maybe you can get credentials that way if we all participated in it. I have no idea how to run one or go by in doing a podcast but it's the thought that counts right : ). Spackler is refrained to only a 3000 word post/rant though lol.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Man, how would it be to be sitting in press row... I'm in.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This would be amazing if I was chosen during any of those weeks. I would have a slate of about ten to twelve questions, asking about the coaches' plans for how we achieve 13-0...even if we were already 3-1... :eek:

You realize you couldn't keep interrupting the press conference to tell the other media members you liked their questions, right?

:cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geez, this is a shining example of the different cultures in motion at UConn versus Bevo U. That guy who runs Orange Bloods on Scout is treated as media royalty for his breaking of stories. He's interviewed regularly on Sirius-XM's Channel 91 (College Sports Nation) for his "expertise & insider knowledge ". He's basically a talking head for the Texas athletic department.
The people I get to talk to most frequently are the folks from Compliance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tyler Wilkinson is a UConn grad. He obviously knows someone there. And his compatriot Meghan Bard was a reporter for the Daily Campus.

Thanks, Nan, But the irony of which I speak is that ADimeBack took its name from an episode instigated by a credentialed "media member" that probably had no business being credentialed in the first place.
Agree?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks, Nan, But the irony of which I speak is that ADimeBack took its name from an episode instigated by a credentialed "media member" that probably had no business being credentialed in the first place.
Agree?
Oh yeah, the whackadoo. You're right; guy should never have gotten a press pass. Maybe that's why UConn is so stingy with them now.

Reaction Score
HuskyNan said:
The people I get to talk to most frequently are the folks from Compliance.
... bets accepted on which former Boneyard "contributors" or Twitterers (?) generated the greatest incidents of UCONN Compliance indigestion ... ??? Imagine if the few banned participants offered a hoard to UCONN, would the Horde even have the initiative to write about it today? The Horde's still large, but motivated, creative, inspired, etc.? John Silver with his SNY connections, others with dwindling newspaper subscriptions and even online readership ... ?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
... bets accepted on which former Boneyard "contributors" or Twitterers (?) generated the greatest incidents of UCONN Compliance indigestion ... ??? Imagine if the few banned participants offered a hoard to UCONN, would the Horde even have the initiative to write about it today? The Horde's still large, but motivated, creative, inspired, etc.? John Silver with his SNY connections, others with dwindling newspaper subscriptions and even online readership ... ?

WTF?

Anyone have the Rosetta Stone tapes for this post?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Nah, he's on the other side of the planet. It's probably noon where he is.

I was reading it and thinking the same thing. Friday and Saturday night, late postings, usually need translation. :D

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How would you verbalize your last few words in italics?

It's tough, but it would be followed by the words, "dot dot dot". I would be saying the hell out of that...dot dot dot...

Reaction Score
formerlurker said:
WTF? Anyone have the Rosetta Stone tapes for this post?
Hah, not so sure! Under the influence of a 90 hour week covering the globe and potentially too much thinking in Asian sentence order, now I'm not entirely sure exactly what I was typing. By comparison, probably not too different from many posters' rambling remarks.

After HuskyNan's UCONN Compliance comment, I suspect I was pondering what may prompt their questions about the Boneyard. No one came up with any suggestions, but occasional overzealous tweets or other contact with recruits could be one possibilty.

Reacting to some Boneyarders' indifference to the actual meaning of hoard v The Horde, there was a failed remark regarding a couple English words, e.g., a hoard of cash, donations reported by The Horde, limited effort by most of the local CT media.

Any-who <sic> after a long night of sake and other libations with a Japanese crew hell bent on stretching one day long into the next, the gills were a deep shade of blue. Good for relations, not so great for resulting comprehension. Enjoy!

Last edited:

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I think you have to actually be a journalist to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom