How can you not love this kid? | The Boneyard

How can you not love this kid?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love her energy. Like, what player wouldn't want KK as their point guard? She is an excellent replacement for Paige. A Uconn point guard has to have that type of energy and confidence.

I hate to see Paige leave—ever—but it’s inevitable. But KK is the best person I can think of to replace her.

I hated to see Maya leave, but Kaleena was the best option to replace her.

Reaction Score
Her personality is larger than life

Looks like we might have another Crystal Dangerfield here. KK is fast, KK has tricky moves and KK can play Basketball!!! I can't wait to see her play. I also believe KK will not ride the bench and will make herself known as the new Huskie too good to be on the bench. This year's team is going to be one of Uconn's best. Uconn actually has TWO starting fives that can play with conviction and scoring whenever it wants to. This year will be my happiest in the last 3 years. GO HUSKIES!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Danger was smaller and more muscular—and maybe a better shooter. But KK is bigger and bulkier—maybe 5’9” vs. 5’5”. KK is also a supreme ankle-breaker and can finish through contact. I love her energy.

Reaction Score
Danger was smaller and more muscular—and maybe a better shooter. But KK is bigger and bulkier—maybe 5’9” vs. 5’5”. KK is also a supreme ankle-breaker and can finish through contact. I love her energy.

I still need to see the ball go in. Bueckers has probably the biggest array of shots inside but it isn't those moves that make her great, it's that they also go in at a very high rate. It's obvious that Arnold is a wizard with the ball.

Reaction Score
Remarkable energy and physical presence. And to think she's just a high school kid. What will she be after 4 years of personality growth?

Reaction Score
Ah, I love spring training. Every rookie outfielder is a future Willie Mays or Ted Williams. Every pitcher is a future Bob Gibson. That guy reminds me of Gil Hodges. The shortstop is a vacuum cleaner. The most fervent hope I have is that we can remain injury free and that this "two starting five's" doesn't evolve into a twelfth player starting.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. So, we'll say she is a 4" taller version of Dangerfield. Agree?

sun

Reaction Score
Being one of Paige's roommates must be a dream come true for KK.
What more could a freshman ask for?
They must talk about BB & strategy all of the time which should accelerate KK's learning curve & help them to bond.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Barring an injury, no she won't.

Getting back to KK's energy and personality - not only is she incredibly outgoing and gregarious, but she seems to be vocal and has natural leadership characteristics, something you need to be the floor general at UCONN. I think she's going to have an incredible college career and will be discussed with other all time great PG's at UCONN when all is said and done!

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Show your confidence in this by betting a large pizza with me. We share but winner chooses and loser pays.

Reaction Score
KK has that IT factor. We all know people like that. They just walk in a room and instantly, they capture your attention. KK is that person. Her confidence is off the charts and that is a huge plus.

Reaction Score
KK is a one person terror operation on the court. Take a split second off with your defense, and, poof!, she's gone.

Reaction Score
I saw Geno adjust his offense in Europe when she was on the court. They kept one big around the foul line to 3 3-point line in the middle. The others were spread to the 3-point line. Imagine Paige, Azzi, and Caroline waiting for an open 3-ball pass. The defense will have to adjust to KK's driving ability and court vision. She has the option of taking it to the basket or doing a pick-and-roll with the big or if they collapse on her she can kick it out to the 3-point shooters. Her quickness on defense will also be a factor. She will be the first guard off the bench.

Reaction Score
Don't know, love her game, but she'll be pushing Nika to become more assertive offensively

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom