How can I watch an ESPN3 event? | The Boneyard

How can I watch an ESPN3 event?

Reaction Score
For those looking to watch the FIU and Ball State games which are on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
As the ESPN 3 thread is locked, I'll ask the question here: Is ESPN3 better than ESPN+?
I know that I can get ESPN through the ESPN app on my Apple TV device (after I go through the sign up process), but here's the kicker.
I also have HULU: HULU shows content that appears on ESPN+. Among the offerings are games from many divisions. (FBS, FCS, Div. II) Among them for example is Southern CT. at Bryant.
IS ESPN3 more proprietary? Does it have better production & announcing crews?
Are there more camera angles?
Would like an explanation of the differences.

Reaction Score
As the ESPN 3 thread is locked, I'll ask the question here: Is ESPN3 better than ESPN+?
I know that I can get ESPN through the ESPN app on my Apple TV device (after I go through the sign up process), but here's the kicker.
I also have HULU: HULU shows content that appears on ESPN+. Among the offerings are games from many divisions. (FBS, FCS, Div. II) Among them for example is Southern CT. at Bryant.
IS ESPN3 more proprietary? Does it have better production & announcing crews?
Are there more camera angles?
Would like an explanation of the differences.

The game is the game. It is the same production/announcing crew/camera angles.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Two similar but different things. ESPN3 is streaming but it's affiliated with your cable/TV providers. You need a a subscription to cable or Sling or something like that. ESPN+ is a standalone streaming service. Technically they're identical. I get YouTube TV and there was a time where it did not support ESPN3 and I could not get it. Luckily, it's been back for awhile. If you don't have a sub, you may be OOL even with the ESPN app.

Reaction Score
So I went last night on ESPN3 on my Apple TV device. Didn't have to do any password entry as it has already been activated. I scrolled to the NCAA football icon.
After clicking on the icon, I scrolled to the UConn/FIU game icon. I clicked on that icon & it says that the game doesn't start until 7 p.m. tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed that I should have no problem watching the contest.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
So I went last night on ESPN3 on my Apple TV device. Didn't have to do any password entry as it has already been activated. I scrolled to the NCAA football icon.
After clicking on the icon, I scrolled to the UConn/FIU game icon. I clicked on that icon & it says that the game doesn't start until 7 p.m. tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed that I should have no problem watching the contest.

You should be fine. The only difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+ is you have to pay for ESPN+ events.

ESPN3 is largely a legacy product of pre-ESPN+ league contracts.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You should be fine. The only difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+ is you have to pay for ESPN+ events.

ESPN3 is largely a legacy product of pre-ESPN+ league contracts.

Right. If you can legally watch ESPN family of channels you have access to ESPN3 programming.

Reaction Score
The ESPN3 thread is locked. I just wanted to add that I have Xfinity and when I want to watch something on ESPN3, I just say ESPN3 into the voice remote. I'm sure this would probably work on other cable systems remotes

Reaction Score
The ESPN3 thread is locked. I just wanted to add that I have Xfinity and when I want to watch something on ESPN3, I just say ESPN3 into the voice remote. I'm sure this would probably work on other cable systems remotes
This works great! I have Cox and I just tried it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Just tried it with Cox in Connecticut and it worked.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
If you have old xfinity box, won't be able to access espn3. Need to upgrade cable box.

Reaction Score
So does this mean I can watch it on my laptop?

1665237563497.png

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If you have Xfinity (and ESPN) you can say ESPN3 into the voice remote. ESPN app will appear and you scroll to our game. Click the link and it will give you a code to enter at espn.com/activate Enter your code and then it will ask you to chose your carrier. Select xfinity and you're set.

EDIT: Just saw @Devland posted same thing.

Reaction Score
If you have Xfinity (and ESPN) you can say ESPN3 into the voice remote. ESPN app will appear and you scroll to our game. Click the link and it will give you a code to enter at espn.com/activate Enter your code and then it will ask you to chose your carrier. Select xfinity and you're set.

EDIT: Just saw @Devland posted same thing.
I have Cox for TV and internet. I did not have to enter a code.

Reaction Score
I live near Atlanta and I couldn't watch the NC State game because of blackouts. Hopefully this one won't be blacked out

Reaction Score
An FYI for all you Xfinity or cox customers. You can just say ESPN3 into your remote and it’ll open up the ESPN app with your cable box. And poof…you can pick any of the games listed on ESPN3. So no need to watch on your cell phone or computer. It’s just that easy.

Attachments

• AEF20F74-AEA7-4FC2-A2BA-3E72580F5F40.jpeg
    AEF20F74-AEA7-4FC2-A2BA-3E72580F5F40.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
Reaction Score
An FYI for all you Xfinity or cox customers. You can just say ESPN3 into your remote and it’ll open up the ESPN app with your cable box. And poof…you can pick any of the games listed on ESPN3. So no need to watch on your cell phone or computer. It’s just that easy.
Didn’t realize someone gave these directions already….lol sorry to be repetitive

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I live near Atlanta and I couldn't watch the NC State game because of blackouts. Hopefully this one won't be blacked out

You did it wrong. You were able to watch it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom