How' Boat? | The Boneyard

How' Boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Too many threads about this - anyone know how Boat is?

Reaction Score
The deep thigh bruise injury is the same one that gave Rip problems for a couple weeks back in 1999. He had to miss the Syracuse and Stanford games that year and didn't have the right lift on his shot for a little while after he came back. Granted he had a different body type and no two injuries are exactly the same, but I'll give an uneducated guess that Boat won't play against Florida and may take a few games to really get back to 100 percent, especially shooting the ball.

He may try to gut it out at Florida, but the trouble is that it's the type of nagging injury where if he gets hit in the same spot again, it's back to square one. You can try to put a small pad there, but it'll only do so much.

Reaction Score
Deep thigh bruise is more than likely not going to be a go for Saturday in Gainesville. At least according to history I've seen on the injury - I guess the question is how deep?

Reaction Score
Don't plan your day around 2pm on Saturday if this is true, that's all I will say.

Come on Mau you know you're going to watch, just don't expect a win and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. Personally I'll be happy if we manage to cut the unforced errors in half even in a loss. Time to just play loose, improve and of course stop choking and bricklaying :)

Reaction Score
All I know is that Boat is a warrior and is going to try whatever it takes to get on the court. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't at least give it a shot on Saturday. A little optimism won't hurt anybody.

Reaction Score
The optimism will come as soon as I hear it wasn't a "deep" thigh bruise. But the facts remain the guy who looked like he was some serious pain yesterday has little chance to be playing this weekend without a miracle, or unless it was misdiagnosed.

Reaction Score
From what I hear boat is out for the game.

Reaction Score
The optimism will come as soon as I hear it wasn't a "deep" thigh bruise. But the facts remain the guy who looked like he was some serious pain yesterday has little chance to be playing this weekend without a miracle, or unless it was misdiagnosed.

And what the hell were the refs doing allowing Temple to club him like that with impunity?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I have the feeling that the team will rise to the occasion without Boat. Probably a hard-fought loss.

Reaction Score
Look for them to press us. I would.
Since we don't make free throws they can come hard at us.
We also have suspect ball handles

This will be TS 's baptism of Fire.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Both teams will be desperate. We are w/o our best player.

Should we start Calhoun at shooting guard? Jim or Omar?

Reaction Score
This game could be to this year's team what the IU game was to the 08 team.

Reaction Score
dsturdy5 said:
This game could be to this year's team what the IU game was to the 08 team.

Funny - I was thinking Kansas ''97 with a Hamilton playing a lot of point guard. Of course we lost and went to the NIT that year, so I like yours better. Maybe at Stanford without Rip but there were experienced veterans on that team to step up. Without Boat, our entire starting 5 is different from last year.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Cold laser therapy did a lot for my knee, Ultra sound. But he has an NBA career if he can stay healthy. So Boat ignore all of us
and get healthy so that you can get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom