How about some Luv for the USF Bulls? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How about some Luv for the USF Bulls?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am not a fan of Jose and his Euro team. Fine if you want 1, 2 or maybe 3 foreign players but to have 8 out of your 12 person roster be from Europe is downright insulting to every American young lady who could use a scholarship for an education. Particularly a public University like USF.

Rant over.
I'm not quite on board with the logic.
Crush the scholarship dreams of 3 young American women = okay
Crush the scholarship dreams of 8 young American women = insulting.
Hmm.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hmm.

If Ohio State had taken care of business.... we would even be having this type of discussion Head bang

Plebe

Reaction Score
If Ohio State had taken care of business.... we would even be having this type of discussion Head bang
I think that the Bulls knew they could take down Ohio State when they saw Duke do it :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think that the Bulls knew they could take down Ohio State when they saw Duke do it :)

Yeah.... but I'd be a week's worth of dinner that Duke wouldnt lose to Wichita State though :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah.... but I'd be a week's worth of dinner that Duke wouldnt lose to Wichita State though :cool:
Yeah, but I would've been willing to bet they wouldn't have lost to UNC either.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah, but I would've been willing to bet they wouldn't have lost to UNC either.

Actually..... I bet they would... UNC would most likely beat Wichita. You talking about Northern Colorado right?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hmm.
I too am now confused by what you are saying. Jose can certainly recruit as good a player in the US as his 8 Euros with Laksa being truly the sole exception. Him allocating 8 slots is excessive, unnecessary and unwarranted. I am all for giving other athletes from other countries an opportunity, so yes, if what you are saying is I am okay with crushing the dreams of 3 players provided those 3 foreign athletes are truly derserving, yes as it is consistent with many of our ideals-Harvard allots a small percent to foreign students who are deserving for admission but would not grant 75% of opportunities to non-Americans when there are clearly derserving student and in this case, players here, so for 3, insulted (provided they are truly derserving-Laksa, Nurse, Ezi, Svet types of players), 8 I am insulted-Henshaw, Jesperson, Prieto, Nagy, Pehadzic are players who are hurting American opportunities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thought this game was as much an indictment of OSU as anything. They simply don't play hard. It's noticeable not just on the defensive end but in terms of rebounding effort as well.
There seems to be a great deal of consensus that Ohio State University (not my beloved Oregon State University) is overrated, and, plays uninspiring basketball. I see they finally are ranked out of the top 15, but in my mind, they are barely a top 25 program at this point in the season.

Reaction Score
Why are you so riled up with Jose? I will come on board if every div I school is offering 8 scholarahip to women B.B. players at the same time, you might have a legit excuse to moan in that scenario. Since it is just a sole exception as you mentioned, you need to be enlightened a little. At Harvard, you will find a large percentage of science / engineering student at graduate schools are foreign students. And that is not a sole exception! So if you really want to raise a fuss, Jose is really not a right target. You need to let it go. Peace!
I too am now confused by what you are saying. Jose can certainly recruit as good a player in the US as his 8 Euros with Laksa being truly the sole exception. Him allocating 8 slots is excessive, unnecessary and unwarranted. I am all for giving other athletes from other countries an opportunity, so yes, if what you are saying is I am okay with crushing the dreams of 3 players provided those 3 foreign athletes are truly derserving, yes as it is consistent with many of our ideals-Harvard allots a small percent to foreign students who are deserving for admission but would not grant 75% of opportunities to non-Americans when there are clearly derserving student and in this case, players here, so for 3, insulted (provided they are truly derserving-Laksa, Nurse, Ezi, Svet types of players), 8 I am insulted-Henshaw, Jesperson, Prieto, Nagy, Pehadzic are players who are hurting American opportunities.

HGN

Reaction Score
Katie Abrahamson-Henderson has done a remarkable job with that squad in two years. The first building block to any strong program is defense. Offense comes later. I just fear she will be noticed by a P5 traditional WCBB program and be snatched up. So while ugly at times, the team shows heart, hardwork and tenacity. They never quit. Unlike any of the recent games by USF vs. UConn-games were over by half-time and USF simply quit.

I am not a fan of Jose and his Euro team. Fine if you want 1, 2 or maybe 3 foreign players but to have 8 out of your 12 person roster be from Europe is downright insulting to every American young lady who could use a scholarship for an education. Particularly a public University like USF.

Rant over.
DefenseBB, Jose is trying to get the best talent he can get on the USF roster that he can. Emphasis on ' the best ' . I am sure he would love to have a Katie Lou , A'ja Wison , or a Chrystyn Williams , on the roster. But he hasn't been able to get them to come to Tampa so far. So until he can get them he is settling for the best talent he can. And so far it's been coming from Europe.

I don't think he has anything against US players , he's just looking for the best talent he can get to sign.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
UConn used to be 10% non Connecticut students. Over the last few decades, the school has consciously upped the average to 30% and the universitiy’s academic standings have rocketed up as thousands of state kids are now forced to suffer at places like CCSU and SCSU and the occasional Quinnipiac or Duke. In the meantime, on the women’s hoop front, Geno has embarrassed the state by even exceeding that 30% to a whopping 100%, thus denying 15 CT young lady hoopsters a UConn hoops scholarship, forcing them to such places as West Virginia, Quinnipiac and maybe even that destination for aliens, USF. Fire Geno, the highest paid state employee for dissing needy state athletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom