How About Molly Today? | The Boneyard

How About Molly Today?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Only negative was at the FT line (0-2) which can be expected if it is the first FT's attempted this season. She is a bundle of energy and this has to up her confidence. I hope she can follow this up the rest of the season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I always enjoy seeing players from the bench come in and have solid or terrific games. Seems like Molly took advantage of the starters lack of energy and focus and made the most of it. So happy to see that. USF is not a cupcake. They may be down 2 starters, but they are traditionally ranked in the top 25 and the 2nd best team in the AAC.

Good for the entire bench. Batouly with 4 points and 2 assists, and Kyla with 6 points and 1 each of rebound/assist/steal.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Glad to see the BY acknowledging the contributions these non-starters can bring.

What they can bring and what they do bring are two different things. Will Bent revert to form (what, me shoot???) at her next opportunity or will she build on this performance. FWIW if I were picking the game's badass today it would be Bent. Nobody played with more intensity and energy. I though Irwin and Camara also had good games.

Ono on the other hand brought nothing at a time when UConn could really use a big inside.

Reaction Score
She wins "badass" for this game! She played above her previous expectatons but within herself, clearly it seems she has more contributions to make this year.

I also thought Mikayla played great in the first quarter. She takes the classic "sixth-man" approach of bringing super high energy on defense.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Molly never lacked desire and hustle. What I liked today about her moves was: every move she made seem to have a purpose, with many of them resulting in a positive result.

Reaction Score
I was really impressed with Molly today and encouraged by how she was really engaged and not afraid to play. One poster said: Molly and her backups, sounds like a musical group. Something positive is happening.

I would like Ono to play with more confidence without fouling, of course, and really put herself into the game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was really impressed with Molly today and encouraged by how she was really engaged and not afraid to play. One poster said: Molly and her backups, sounds like a musical group. Something positive is happening.

I would like Ono to play with more confidence without fouling, of course, and really put herself into the game.
What happened to ONO playing a lot more after that one particular game she played? Geno said it. He also said she plays better in games than in practice. Her recent practices must have been rally poor because she has not been getting much playing time.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Great name for a doowop group. Molly and her backups. :D
bentelles.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I always enjoy seeing players from the bench come in and have solid or terrific games. Seems like Molly took advantage of the starters lack of energy and focus and made the most of it. So happy to see that. USF is not a cupcake. They may be down 2 starters, but they are traditionally ranked in the top 25 and the 2nd best team in the AAC.

Good for the entire bench. Batouly with 4 points and 2 assists, and Kyla with 6 points and 1 each of rebound/assist/steal.

Agreed!! Under the conditions in which they were "thrust" into the fray today, the "Bench Mob" had no choice but to play and play well. They were given a golden opportunity to show that they had the “right stuff” and the starter's back, and they did.

They've been wanting to prove the skeptics wrong about them (they read the news papers, and I bet they log onto the BY every once and awhile too). They moved the needle in a positive direction today. They gave themselves and Geno confidence going forward that they can answer the bell when called upon.

They matched (and held their own) USF's 8 points during the 4.5 minutes they were on the floor in the 1st quarter. I enjoyed THAT part of of the game most. Those in attendance did also as they gave them a standing ovation as they came off the floor at the end of the quarter.

The one thing that had to be on all of the starter's mind was how long Geno was going to keep them on the bench, especially since the reserves were not letting the game get away from them. :rolleyes:

During the Cincinnati post-game presser, Geno said that at this point, he's seen enough to not expect the reserves to help them. He'll said he'd settle for them to come in and not hurt them. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom