How About Molly Today? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How About Molly Today?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had seen this quote when she started as a freshman

"She will carry a full load of 15 credits with classes in math, her favorite, economics, psychology, human development and family studies and an on-line Spanish culture class"

If math is your favorite class, it is an honor not to get an A in english. ;)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

Molly's comments about her own play in the postgame interview could have been drawn from some of the more intelligent Boneyard posts on that subject, or from Geno's past comments. She was very self-critical and clear-eyed about what she had accomplished at UConn. She said she had to take open shots to avoid causing defenses to sag off of her and thereby make it harder for her teammates to score.

One of her most perceptive self-criticisms was about her defense at the end of the game, when USF made two 3-point shots. Molly was the defender in both cases, and failed to get a hand up to contest the shot.

I replayed the end of the game, and sure enough, she was right about that.

I doubt that Geno will ever be more critical of Molly's play than she herself is. Whatever her issues are, delusions about the quality of her play are not among them.

Reaction Score
Molly never lacked desire and hustle. What I liked today about her moves was: every move she made seem to have a purpose, with many of them resulting in a positive result.
Great insight!

Reaction Score
Molly's comments about her own play in the postgame interview could have been drawn from some of the more intelligent Boneyard posts on that subject, or from Geno's past comments. She was very self-critical and clear-eyed about what she had accomplished at UConn. She said she had to take open shots to avoid causing defenses to sag off of her and thereby make it harder for her teammates to score.

One of her most perceptive self-criticisms was about her defense at the end of the game, when USF made two 3-point shots. Molly was the defender in both cases, and failed to get a hand up to contest the shot.

I replayed the end of the game, and sure enough, she was right about that.

I doubt that Geno will ever be more critical of Molly's play than she herself is. Whatever her issues are, delusions about the quality of her play are not among them.
Agree clear-eyed. Molly is a very smart, self-aware and honest person:

“I’m not as talented as some of these guys.”

“This was our Final Four.” [Second unit’s chance to play big minutes in the first quarter with the team behind]

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Other possibilities: Molly and the Bent-tones or Molly and the Benchmob. Molly and the Breakers
Check out Biff's contribution in post #21 in this thread. It is perfect!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Like others, I love when the bench players come in and do so well, and in particular I really pray that Molly will keep on shooting.

There's one other point I'd like to make, and that's the wisdom of the coaching staff to make the wholesale change of bench players for the starters to get the starters' attention. This isn't the first time Geno has done it; it's been a successful technique in the past and I trust will be so this time as well.

By contrast, and those who check in on Volnation now and then will recognize this, one of the criticisms of Holly is that she isn't willing to call out or challenge her starters when they are under-performing.

Reaction Score
Only negative was at the FT line (0-2) which can be expected if it is the first FT's attempted this season. She is a bundle of energy and this has to up her confidence. I hope she can follow this up the rest of the season.
She also had a pretty inexcusable turnover. And, of course, reverted to the " fear of shooting" tendency. The pity is; she can shoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom