Houston ticket sales | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Houston ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I personally like to attend Yale /Harvard just to try and pretend I'm not super low class for a day. Funny thing is the actual high class people use the game for the total opposite and what ensues is quite the scene. Everyone should experience it, not this year though. Go to the UConn game.
TheJerk and I were considering doing both games if uconn played at 7 or 8 pm.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
need a little bit of this too:

Old-Man-Winter.jpg
L

I am not sure cold weather will be a big help. BS is from Georgia. He hasn't shown himself to be a bad weather QB.

Reaction Score
Perspective people.

A year ago, on senior day - I wasn't there by choice. Better things to do, more important things to do with family than sit and watch that team after the Cincinnati shut out. Worst game I can ever remember at Rentschler - that Cincinnati game last season. A yerar later I'm glad I made that choice, because you just don't know what life's choices make for you sometimes.

There are some diehards around here that were there, and they'll attest to what the final home game looked like in 2014. I'd bet the house and farm that on Saturday - this season's home finale - we've got at minimum a 200% increase in attendance from last year - and that's big.

We've got more better marketing and promotion than ever. It's not talked about much, but there are a few people around here that are the spark for some basic stuff that's happened, that makes just worlds of difference. Somebody mentioned Army football recently. We had a long talk about advertising on this website years ago, I rmember specific at talk about access to website and ticket buying. UCONN was a atrocious, when it came to online ticket purchase. On metro north - Army had advertising that simply listed - Army football. www.armytickets.com. THe UConn website at the time, if you wanted to key it on a keyboard needed to be C+ computer code. Now it's www.uconntickets.com. That came from discussion around here. Many other things to. People pay attention, so be careful what you write.

We've got effective marketing plans right now, but the product hasn't caught up just yet. It's that simple. Until we have a team that is a regular winner at home, combined with marketing and advertising that does not sell at 95-100% capacity? This kind of discussion is manufacturing problems that don't exist.

I won't be there again this weekend, not by choice this time, but my seats will have butts in them.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The biggest change we will see this Sat vs the last home game last year will be NOISE.
Remember how we used to rock the XL with only 9k fans for the Whale in the playoffs in the 90's?
Yeah....the Rent is set so we can do the same with 27k.
I anticipate not having a voice by halftime.

Reaction Score
The biggest change we will see this Sat vs the last home game last year will be NOISE.
Remember how we used to rock the XL with only 9k fans for the Whale in the playoffs in the 90's?
Yeah....the Rent is set so we can do the same with 27k.
I anticipate not having a voice by halftime.
I still believe that one of the loudest crowds I have witnessed at the Rent was the 20,000 of us that were in the stands to see the Snow Bowl vs. USF. That was one of my favorite experiences of the last 13 years. Hoping for more of that on Saturday.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I still believe that one of the loudest crowds I have witnessed at the Rent was the 20,000 of us that were in the stands to see the Snow Bowl vs. USF. That was one of my favorite experiences of the last 13 years. Hoping for more of that on Saturday.

It was probably the only game where more than 80% of us there were standing the entire time.
Was flipping awesome. My dad and my uncles snuck in black russians in their oversized mittens. the look on their faces when we got to our seats was priceless. It was the.." I am 60 plus years old and just got away with something a 20yr old would do...look".

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That snow USF game was FUN. My wife (not a sports fan by any means) soldiered through and lost her mind when rallied on the last minute drive and Teggart's FG sailed through the student section uprights. You are both right - that was one of the louder games at the Rent with half of a crowd.

The good news about Saturday - the diehards will all be there in full throat. I'm so friggin' pumped and can't wait until Saturday! Rooting on my Huskies with 25K of my closest friends.

Reaction Score
Perspective people.

A year ago, on senior day - I wasn't there by choice. Better things to do, more important things to do with family than sit and watch that team after the Cincinnati shut out. Worst game I can ever remember at Rentschler - that Cincinnati game last season. A yerar later I'm glad I made that choice, because you just don't know what life's choices make for you sometimes.

There are some diehards around here that were there, and they'll attest to what the final home game looked like in 2014. I'd bet the house and farm that on Saturday - this season's home finale - we've got at minimum a 200% increase in attendance from last year - and that's big.

We've got more better marketing and promotion than ever. It's not talked about much, but there are a few people around here that are the spark for some basic stuff that's happened, that makes just worlds of difference. Somebody mentioned Army football recently. We had a long talk about advertising on this website years ago, I rmember specific at talk about access to website and ticket buying. UCONN was a atrocious, when it came to online ticket purchase. On metro north - Army had advertising that simply listed - Army football. www.armytickets.com. THe UConn website at the time, if you wanted to key it on a keyboard needed to be C+ computer code. Now it's www.uconntickets.com. That came from discussion around here. Many other things to. People pay attention, so be careful what you write.

We've got effective marketing plans right now, but the product hasn't caught up just yet. It's that simple. Until we have a team that is a regular winner at home, combined with marketing and advertising that does not sell at 95-100% capacity? This kind of discussion is manufacturing problems that don't exist.

I won't be there again this weekend, not by choice this time, but my seats will have butts in them.

A 200% increase in attendance from the SMU game to end last year would be totally meaningless. Because there weren't 5000 people actually in the stands.

Reaction Score
Stomp the bleachers on 3rd down - good way to generate added noise. Let 'em know you're there!

Been doing that practically since the Rent opened, still love the looks on the faces of the people who refuse to get up further down the bench! Especially if I have the steel toes on!

Reaction Score
Been doing that practically since the Rent opened, still love the looks on the faces of the people who refuse to get up further down the bench! Especially if I have the steel toes on!

Too bad we won't have a full student section. When they shake their keys the place just rocks. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The UConn department is certainly doing their thing in advertising the game. I've received numerous facebook/twitter and Inta messages from the athletic office, and probably about another 5 separate e-mails promoting the game, and now they sent an email to all UConn Junior Husky members (my 5 year old nephews) an e-mail that they can attend the game for free and parents can buy tix for $15 each.

Driving across the Q-bridge, UConn also advertises the times of their bball games on a digital board, but I haven't seen them advertising the football game on it yet. Any one else see anything in other parts of the State, like in Hartford county?

They also need to go on PLR 99.1, Kiss 95.7, 104.1 and promote the game and ticket sales. Do whatever they can!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While we're on the topic of student section. They need to figure out how to be a presence at hockey games. Always been great at hoops games those who actually show up typically care and are pretty good. At hockey games the section can be full and you would never know. Obviously they're new to it but I hope they figure it out. I went to the game last night with QU fans and they were like how come you guys don't have a student section? I was like it's over there its full but they don't cheer. At big time hockey schools the student sections resemble like international soccer crowds. Okay long enough off topic rant.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Attendance actually looks pretty good so far...only Wednesday and everything is sold out except for the 2nd tier corners
The UConn department is certainly doing their thing in advertising the game. I've received numerous facebook/twitter and Inta messages from the athletic office, and probably about another 5 separate e-mails promoting the game, and now they sent an email to all UConn Junior Husky members (my 5 year old nephews) an e-mail that they can attend the game for free and parents can buy tix for $15 each.

Driving across the Q-bridge, UConn also advertises the times of their bball games on a digital board, but I haven't seen them advertising the football game on it yet. Any one else see anything in other parts of the State, like in Hartford county?

They also need to go on PLR 99.1, Kiss 95.7, 104.1 and promote the game and ticket sales. Do whatever they can!

Great work on their part, but it almost scares me to see the lengths that they're going to in order to promote the game. It means one thing when you need to advertise like that--that no one's buying tickets. And that's pretty evident by the stadium map at this point. I'm surprised because we had a steady increase in our first three home games, but seem to have taken an attendance dip after Navy.

Reaction Score
I work north of Hartford but live in New Haven so I drive a good amount every day. UConn has been using pretty much every digital board on 91 (near Hartford and New Haven) for basketball, football, and even hockey. I see probably 3 UConn ads every day. They have been pushing harder this year for athletics then I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
L

I am not sure cold weather will be a big help. BS is from Georgia. He hasn't shown himself to be a bad weather QB.

I think some of his teammates might be impacted????

Reaction Score
While we're on the topic of student section. They need to figure out how to be a presence at hockey games. Always been great at hoops games those who actually show up typically care and are pretty good. At hockey games the section can be full and you would never know. Obviously they're new to it but I hope they figure it out. I went to the game last night with QU fans and they were like how come you guys don't have a student section? I was like it's over there its full but they don't cheer. At big time hockey schools the student sections resemble like international soccer crowds. Okay long enough off topic rant.
They downsized the student section at XL by 50% this year too.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
If anything it's just really poor planning time wise for basketball and football on the same day. I don't understand how this happens. They really only overlap for a few weeks. Why couldn't the basketball game be on Sunday???

Whatever that being said can't wait for Sat. Still looking for a place to tailgate with me and UConnTrumbull.

And as always Females are Encouraged!

a41610d52f59e0825035f9f0c24ced1556ab79d833e1c225d67e834b548b22ca.jpg
Private Message sent. Feel free to join us in Blue Lot, at C gate.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
They downsized the student section at XL by 50% this year too.

Tough to get a good student atmosphere at XL. Student section is poor there for basketball games as well. Once the rink is built in Storrs and games are played there it will be much better. However, I don't think ANYONE had anything to cheer about last night, so can't blame the students for being quiet. I took off after the 2nd period, was a dreadful game.

Reaction Score
Attendance actually looks pretty good so far...only Wednesday and everything is sold out except for the 2nd tier corners

Great work on their part, but it almost scares me to see the lengths that they're going to in order to promote the game. It means one thing when you need to advertise like that--that no one's buying tickets. And that's pretty evident by the stadium map at this point. I'm surprised because we had a steady increase in our first three home games, but seem to have taken an attendance dip after Navy.
I think you're looking at a different map...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, the different promo codes have different sections available. If you want to get a better feel for just how empty the stadium is going to be, if you search for tickets without a promo code, there are scores of sections that are dark and medium blue. It will just be us diehards - so rest those vocal cords and wear your bench stomping boots!

Reaction Score
Tough to get a good student atmosphere at XL. Student section is poor there for basketball games as well. Once the rink is built in Storrs and games are played there it will be much better. However, I don't think ANYONE had anything to cheer about last night, so can't blame the students for being quiet. I took off after the 2nd period, was a dreadful game.

#boo #nosticalfrownsatyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32