Houston ticket sales | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Houston ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bmayuc is on the button. If we were 9-1 and #24 you can't beg a ticket to this game. But we are not. We are a .500 team that on paper looks like it is going into a mismatch and needs to compete with its own athletic department. 30000 would be great but with the hoop game that isn't possible.

If football playing a ranked in the teens conference game that could determine bowl eligibility is "competing" with a meaningless CBB game against Furnam....we have bigger fish to fry

But you keep banging that drum until your arm gets tired

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
My only hope at this point is that people are holding out for weather (which after the SMU finale last year, I couldn't blame them that much).

Our fanbase S-U-C-K-S.

Reaction Score
23K blows but it's hardly shocking. We're 5-5, but we're not exactly "setting the world on fire" 5-5. We just limped out of a game against Tulane in which we failed to score an offensive touchdown. I love UConn Football, but they aren't exactly the most watchable team, are they?

The weather is getting cold and believe it or not, we're actually competing against the tailgating at The Game (stupid Harvard/Yale that nobody really cares about). I know all my New Haven friends are going there and are SHOCKED I'd prefer to watch a football game with a team I actually care about.

If we win some more games next year, attendance will rise. Having games against Syracuse, Virginia, and BC helps. The conference doesn't -- but we aren't exactly a P5 team right now, either. Let's all just try to get as many people to go to the Houston game as we can and hope that this team is moving in the right direction.

Reaction Score
23K blows but it's hardly shocking. We're 5-5, but we're not exactly "setting the world on fire" 5-5. We just limped out of a game against Tulane in which we failed to score an offensive touchdown. I love UConn Football, but they aren't exactly the most watchable team, are they?

The weather is getting cold and believe it or not, we're actually competing against the tailgating at The Game (stupid Harvard/Yale that nobody really cares about). I know all my New Haven friends are going there and are SHOCKED I'd prefer to watch a football game with a team I actually care about.

If we win some more games next year, attendance will rise. Having games against Syracuse, Virginia, and BC helps. The conference doesn't -- but we aren't exactly a P5 team right now, either. Let's all just try to get as many people to go to the Houston game as we can and hope that this team is moving in the right direction.
That's a good point. I'm from the New Haven area as well and I offered to buy a family tickets to the UConn/Houston game, but they opted to go to the Yale/Harvard game instead.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
You could get a helicopter and drop 15k tickets from the sky all over the place. People don't want to go - it has nothing to do with $15 or $25 or $35. I'm not sure why every week people drive themselves insane trying to figure this out.

Wish there was a super like button.

Reaction Score
You could get a helicopter and drop 15k tickets from the sky all over the place. People don't want to go - it has nothing to do with $15 or $25 or $35. I'm not sure why every week people drive themselves insane trying to figure this out.

Well duh the rotor wash would probably spread them out too far for people to find not to mention the blades shredding the tickets midair.....a Cessna 172 however....

Reaction Score
If anything it's just really poor planning time wise for basketball and football on the same day. I don't understand how this happens. They really only overlap for a few weeks. Why couldn't the basketball game be on Sunday???

Whatever that being said can't wait for Sat. Still looking for a place to tailgate with me and UConnTrumbull.

And as always Females are Encouraged!

a41610d52f59e0825035f9f0c24ced1556ab79d833e1c225d67e834b548b22ca.jpg

Reaction Score
If football playing a ranked in the teens conference game that could determine bowl eligibility is "competing" with a meaningless CBB game against Furnam....we have bigger fish to fry

That's the point - we do have bigger fish to fry.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Gampel will no doubt be sold out and rocking for Furman and that's great, we're a basketball school and that's the sport that most of our fanbase cares about most. The only problem is that UConn vs Furman won't be on national TV, UConn vs Houston football will. And you can bet your bottom dollar that more than a few remarks will be made by whoever is calling the game about how many empty seats there are inside the stadium. For a fanbase that has been crying about AAC membership and proclaiming themselves to being a power conference school, the scene on Saturday will portray the exact opposite of those claims.

It's too late now. We won't have 30K inside the stadium so it's best that we all accept that and move on. We can all focus on what we can all do collectively as a UConnNation to promote season ticket sales for 2016 at the appropriate times. But until then, we have a HUGE football game to get ready to play on Saturday. And if there are only 23K of us in the stands, let's make sure we're the loudest GD 23K fans in the history of half empty stadiums. Any time you put a southern team in the midst of nice, cold northern weather, it makes it a winnable game and if we all do our part, we can help our guys out as much as possible.

#HuskyUp

Reaction Score
Gampel will no doubt be sold out and rocking for Furman and that's great, we're a basketball school and that's the sport that most of our fanbase cares about most. The only problem is that UConn vs Furman won't be on national TV, UConn vs Houston football will. And you can bet your bottom dollar that more than a few remarks will be made by whoever is calling the game about how many empty seats there are inside the stadium. For a fanbase that has been crying about AAC membership and proclaiming themselves to being a power conference school, the scene on Saturday will portray the exact opposite of those claims.

It's too late now. We won't have 30K inside the stadium so it's best that we all accept that and move on. We can all focus on what we can all do collectively as a UConnNation to promote season ticket sales for 2016 at the appropriate times. But until then, we have a HUGE football game to get ready to play on Saturday. And if there are only 23K of us in the stands, let's make sure we're the loudest GD 23K fans in the history of half empty stadiums. Any time you put a southern team in the midst of nice, cold northern weather, it makes it a winnable game and if we all do our part, we can help our guys out as much as possible.

#HuskyUp

need a little bit of this too:

Old-Man-Winter.jpg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

#HuskyUp

That's the thing - Gampel MIGHT NOT be sold out - you can buy tickets right now!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
People hoping for a Nor'easter didn't watch the last two games with bad weather. We can't do anything on offense in the rain. Rain doesn't help us win. A 35 degree day might, but that's about it.

Reaction Score
Rain isn't looking too likely according to the Saturday forecast. Temps will probably be around the mid 40s by kickoff.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The two events do not confli

The two events do not conflict either, but there's a hole worn through that skin as well.

Reaction Score
Got this from Wood N Tap this afternoon. Any other sponsors stepping up to the plate to promote the game?

We'll be loud and proud in section 223 on Saturday--go Huskies!

Wood N Tap Houston.jpg

Reaction Score
That's a good point. I'm from the New Haven area as well and I offered to buy a family tickets to the UConn/Houston game, but they opted to go to the Yale/Harvard game instead.
The Family (Single Father/2 young kids/and a friend) changed their mind and are now coming to the UConn game!! I looked to buy tickets, but the green dots are running out quick!!

Reaction Score
I personally like to attend Yale /Harvard just to try and pretend I'm not super low class for a day. Funny thing is the actual high class people use the game for the total opposite and what ensues is quite the scene. Everyone should experience it, not this year though. Go to the UConn game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It just doesn't matter to the casual fan anymore. Bowl eligibility to play a Sun Belt or MAC team and 15 extra practices mean nothing to the average fan.

It's going to be late November, as a 5-5 UConn team playing a Houston program that we have no history or connection with.

The price is irrelevant. The average fan isn't using their whole Saturday to sit in the cold to see a .500 UConn team take on a program they don't care about.

Reaction Score
As great as a night game is in the fall it's a good thing this one is mid-afternoon. Pretty cold earlier tonight at a State soccer match in Waterbury. Saturday will be OK until the chill sets in right after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom