Houston Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While never in danger of losing even if the opponent was Temple, hope the team plays better against Temple. Have we seen so many missed layups in the 1st quarter? It was like there was a cover on the basket. Guess we have to expect a game like this every once in a while.

Reaction Score
Postage Geno summed it up best. The 1st time since he could remember they didn't play well. The 12;00 game 1st time this year (is that true?) and no shootaround etc.

Reaction Score
Ya know what I see when I look at the box score: that Molly had the same number of ribbies as Lou. Just sayin' (again and again)Head bang

Lou brings tremendous offensive energy to the team and she is intense in man-to-man defense. But if she were to crash the boards a couple of times/game, it would lift this team, especially on a day when they're listless. Can't depend on Gabby and Pheesa to make all those plays.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ya know what I see when I look at the box score: that Molly had the same number of ribbies as Lou. Just sayin' (again and again)Head bang

Lou brings tremendous offensive energy to the team and she is intense in man-to-man defense. But if she were to crash the boards a couple of times/game, it would lift this team, especially on a day when they're listless. Can't depend on Gabby and Pheesa to make all those plays.
Yes it would be nice if Lou pulled down an extra board or two, but UConn's game plan often has Lou releasing in transition along with Kia on the break, with Gabby & Pheesa cleaning up the boards. If the Huskies don't get a quick outlet, Saniya circles back to bring the ball up.

Against SC, I expect to see Lou hitting the boards more as it will take an "all hands on deck" strategy to rebound against the taller Gamecocks.

Reaction Score
Hope you're right, oldude. trouble is, we so rarely see Lou really crashing that I wonder if she can suddenly be able to do that.

Reaction Score
Didn't get to see the game, but from what I remember of the past few years, they never do well with the early (12:00) starts. Looking at the final box score it doesn't look as bad as the comments were making it sound. The bench was pretty productive.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hope you're right, oldude. trouble is, we so rarely see Lou really crashing that I wonder if she can suddenly be able to do that.
It's hard to crash the boards from the perimeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom