Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference. | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
More like the rest of the conference said "sit down, shut up and do as we say to keep your money"

Wish the ACC would have said that to BCU when it came time for the UConn discussion.

But your point is valid. Huge school, massive market, fertile recruiting and a rabid fan base. And yet the rest of the SEC went full The Rock to A&M with a "Shut up" and "Know your roll".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ahhh....I'm over the whole BBC thing at this point. They have a nice hockey program and a football program that that is sometimes competitive. I'll be long in the grave before they ever sniff an ACC championship or playoff appearance.

.......and basketball is something special. Who the heck was president the last time they made the NCAAs......... Eisenhower?

That can be hard.

Reaction Score
I cannot fathom that Bowlsby was so overtly public and inflammatory with multiple media outlets (it even made it onto financial news networks) without a shred of hard evidence to use in litigation now or in the future. ESPN has to deny, don't know why I'd expect anything less, but they sure K.I.S.S.'ed it with that letter.

Then again, Bowlsby could just be throwing hail mary's all over the place on his way out the door - nothing surprises me anymore these days.
Either that or Bowlsby got plenty of evidence already. I doubt he would go public putting his entire career and reputation on the line without any evidence just to stick to ESPN. Pretty sure all of this stuff will be out in the open during deposition. I doubt it will get there, but I am hoping for a full litigation with government involved just to see some firework. ESPN hasn't even paid their crime of destroying the old Big East yet.

Reaction Score
Holy !!

That's basically FSU posting a tinder profile saying please swipe right
Animated GIF

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

More hot sauce from Twitter...

Everyone is assuming this is referencing football. Is there some other sport where this is true? Feel like ESPN is just trolling B12 now.

Reaction Score
Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered. Media kings got away with a lot of manipulation and thought they were immune. They just couldn’t resist and are going to pay a huge price.
And you know this how?

Reaction Score
Football fans voted with their feet on the American: no thanks, I would rather stay home and watch something else on tv. We created the program to play the old Big East, nobody anywhere cares about the AAC schools.
Fans voted with their feet because we sucked for a decade. If we have maintained our level at the end of RE 1.0, the entire story would have been different.

And this all ends the way Disney and Fox want it to end. If one of them throws $15 million - $20 million per year on the table to those of us on the outside, everyone left out will say yes. It has always been that way. Texas and OU left, because Disney wanted them to do so. Not a coincidence this happens just after Disney gets the SEC rights for a damn decade.

Reaction Score
And you know this how?
Logic. ESPN will pay out big $$ to add two new SEC teams, while stranding the rest in a weakened conference and negotiating a cheaper GOR in 2024 ( or better yet dangling a slightly higher payout from rock bottom to get a long term cheap deal with the weak Big12. The weak Big12 is set up up for an AAC level deal. This is simple arbitrage. They pay up for 2 and down for 8. By trying to take two historical brand Crown Jewels to the SEC, they crossed a line. The BiG12 just got taken to the cleaners and there is no way they going to allow their conference entity to lose a billion or more had it not been tampered with and ESPN was forced to negotiate with Texas and OU in the Big12. My point is the past CRs are similar. The difference is they went to the top of the food chain this time shuffling super brands which crossed a big line. The only way out is they pay up and make everybody happy or they fight it out in court with the prospect of massive liability.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered. Media kings got away with a lot of manipulation and thought they were immune. They just couldn’t resist and are going to pay a huge price.
Even if everything that was alleged by Bowlsby is true and can be proven how was the Big 12 damaged?

Reaction Score
Most followed schools...social media

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman