House of Dragon, GoT Prequil | Page 3 | The Boneyard

House of Dragon, GoT Prequil

Reaction Score
Very weird finale, casualty of the shortened seasons which are unavoidable with the budget needed for a show with so many dragons. I assumed a battle or something interesting was coming though

I saw something on Twitter on how this season snakebit with budget cuts and firing directors and writers.

There was a huge battle that was pushed into next season.

Also all these services are loving 8 episode seasons, and I only want to pay 80% of the bill now.

Reaction Score
So we're now 2 seasons in and I have yet to really see any "moments", meaning no Ned Stark beheadings, no Red Weddings, no defining keynote plot twists or memorable scenes. It's whimpering females, sick kings and smarmy long blonde haired guys. And dragons torching the heck out of anyone and everyone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So we're now 2 seasons in and I have yet to really see any "moments", meaning no Ned Stark beheadings, no Red Weddings, no defining keynote plot twists or memorable scenes. It's whimpering females, sick kings and smarmy long blonde haired guys. And dragons torching the heck out of anyone and everyone.
Well we saw the brother of the supposed King essentially try to kill him in a way that could be covered up as having been done by the enemy. That was pretty big. I think Daemon's vision and subsequent support of Rhaenyra was pretty big, as was Alicent's defection.

Don't get me wrong, as @ZooCougar said it was light, felt both slow and rushed at the same time, seemed impacted by the writers' strike and budget. Not great, but there are some big things not really presented adequately.

Reaction Score

They cut a kid’s head off. And Rook’s Rest was good. But after that it fell apart.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought the ending of season 2 was pretty good. I think the characters are complex, and their decisions are interesting. I am surprised the show pulled off a whole season of Daemon at Harrenhall, and I thought it was pretty cool with the Tully kid pwned him.

The characters surprise in ways that are still consistent with the characters' personalities. Aegon is growing up, and Aemond is spiraling. I think most of the actors are really good, and Olivia Cooke in particular is killing it. Playing a petulant whiner who isn't quite good enough for the big leagues is a tough part, and she plays it well.

A few quibbles:

Emma D'Arcy does not have the screen presence to pull off being a queen or leader. D'Arcy doesn't ruin the show, but they were a bad casting decision. Milly Alcock has triple the screen presence, making the time jump even weirder because Rhaenyra becomes this boring wet blanket after being a teenage badass.

The short season. All the streamers' financial problems are interfering with my enjoyment of television.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom