Hot Take: We will repeat with back to back titles this season. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hot Take: We will repeat with back to back titles this season.

Reaction Score
If we have healthy players we are dangerous, but let’s not have this crazy title talk now. The BE is a buzz saw. What a freakin schedule with Kansas NC and Zags so close, all top 10? Crazy.

Reaction Score
If we have healthy players we are dangerous, but let’s not have this crazy title talk now. The BE is a buzz saw. What a freakin schedule with Kansas NC and Zags so close, all top 10? Crazy.
Title talk is premature. Not crazy. Were that good

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My only disclaimer is significant injury.

If we are relatively healthy entering the tournament, we are going to again run through the field for natty #6.

#thejudgespeaks
You see, I claimed early last season that we were winning a title. People told to shaddap.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Its weird that I have more confidence in us winning a Natty and less confidence in our winning the BE championship.

And remember the team plays the same way for both Tourneys. Go figure.
For the record, in any game we play where they keep score, I want the W.

That said, if you told me we can only win one of the two tournaments (BE; NCAA), guess which one I'm picking every time

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Same and the Big East is having kind of a rough go of it.
That's an understatement. This might be the worst Big East top to bottom since 2013.

Reaction Score
A convo I just had. Makes sense.
IMG_4110.jpeg

Reaction Score
Three keys:

1. Stay healthy
2. Hit free throws
3. The refs in a close game

Hurley has to work on the relationship with the refs.

Reaction Score

That said, if you told me we can only win one of the two tournaments (BE; NCAA), guess which one I'm picking every time
NBA In-Season Tournament?

Reaction Score
53% from the stripe isn’t cutting down another set of nets. Gotta address that as a team, stat.
To be fair last season we were a bit up and down and going into the tourney it was a concern but they got it together when it mattered most. Hope thats the case.

Reaction Score
Its weird that I have more confidence in us winning a Natty and less confidence in our winning the BE championship.

And remember the team plays the same way for both Tourneys. Go figure.
I feel good about our chances with both. After the KU game and tonight i feel really good about this team. To go into KU one of the most difficult places for road teams to get a win and have to deal with injuries and guys not playing to standard and still almost win it with a 3 against that type of defense in that environment? This team is not going to be intimidated by anyone playing anywhere and when we get to full strength? Pffft! Forget about it! This team is going to be a problem and could be better than last years team that obliterated the tournament.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1/4 way through the season and I would say this team has a better chance than 2000, 2005, 2012 or 2015 had at repeating.

Repeating is hard but this team’s talent, chemistry and coaching matches up well against other elite teams this season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s safe to say a healthy UConn is in that elite tier of 3-5 teams that look like the favorites to win the title. But I’d like to see us actually get healthy before Big East play if we’re gonna make bold statements like being the sole favorites.

Reaction Score
The back to back stuff is dumb right now. Got a ways to go before even caring about something that’s very rarely done.

Focus on BE, been awhile since UConn won a conference or conference tourney.

Reaction Score

Talk to Marquette about their BE Tournament “championship”. Yes it’s a title and a good one but theres no comparison to NCAA in prestige.

As far as repeating we have a chance to be in that position, but I just want to have health and a bit of luck along the way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How many titles is it gonna take for us to have some sack? Hey nation, we’re the team to beat.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you a lifelong Mets/Jets fan?

If you don't understand how cruel the mojo gods can be, nobody does.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Take this to the women’s board Deep :D
...and re-brand it Hot Flash.

Might as well aggravate two boards if he's going to make it about himself, and fabulously suggest that he's a seer tapping into something nobody else recognizes.

His "guaranteed winner" gambit can later brag that not only is he first to make the call, he's also the lightning rod that galvanizes all.

#hubrisking
#hubrisqueen.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
1/4 way through the season and I would say this team has a better chance than 2000, 2005, 2012 or 2015 had at repeating.

Repeating is hard but this team’s talent, chemistry and coaching matches up well against other elite teams this season.
Yes to both paragraphs.

Key word is "team" - coaches, players, and fans...healthy in body, mind, and spirit, working together.

#retiredjudgewithsporkedtongue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom