Hot Seat yet..... | The Boneyard

Hot Seat yet.....

Reaction Score
So I was bashed by bone yard nation early in the season for calling for Ollie to be put on the hot seat. Now that Uconn has completed another pathetic 6th place finishing under achieving year it seems based on the most recent post that more and more fans are waking up.

I would be ok with him being let go this year, I understand that wont happen, but is the BY ready to agree with me after another season like or close to this that KO has to go?

For those who defend him and say expectations are to high please rethink those thoughts. Is being a top 3 team in the AAC to much to ask, is being competitive vs SMU to much to ask, is coming out to start a game prepared to much to ask, beating Wagner, Northeastern, Houston and ECU to much to ask?

At what point is this underachieving not acceptable?

I wanted Ollie to exceed as much as anyone, how much clearer does it need to be over the last three years that he just doesn't have it. Let him go today and see who gives him a $3 million a year contract.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Now that Uconn has completed another pathetic 6th place finishing under achieving year it seems based on the most recent post that more and more fans are showing their true colors as whiny, spoiled little bandwagon brats.

Reaction Score
For those who defend him and say expectations are to high please rethink those thoughts. Is being a top 3 team in the AAC to much to ask, is being competitive vs SMU to much to ask, is coming out to start a game prepared to much to ask, beating Wagner, Northeastern, Houston and ECU to much to ask?
It is when two of our best players and nearly half our roster is injured.

Is utilization of a little critical thinking too much to ask?

Reaction Score
So I was bashed by bone yard nation early in the season for calling for Ollie to be put on the hot seat. Now that Uconn has completed another pathetic 6th place finishing under achieving year it seems based on the most recent post that more and more fans are waking up.

I would be ok with him being let go this year, I understand that wont happen, but is the BY ready to agree with me after another season like or close to this that KO has to go?

I wanted Ollie to exceed as much as anyone, how much clearer does it need to be over the last three years that he just doesn't have it. Let him go today and see who gives him a $3 million a year contract.
Maybe you should change your Avatar to Josh Pastner.....dope

Reaction Score
It is when two of our best players and nearly half our roster is injured.

Is utilization of a little critical thinking too much to ask?

I'm sorry weren't those TWO there when they get beat by Wagner and Northeastern? Did they not still have a team with three starting seniors and Adams for the season(guess ECU is TOO good this year)? Make excuses all you want, the sample size on Ollie is to big to ignore.

Reaction Score
I am embarrassed to be associated with some of your takes on coach Ollie, should be ashamed, I know I am.

Be ashamed of being a joke in the AAC, I know I am.

Reaction Score
Well RJ you're assured of 3 likes - huskymagic, yukon and Athlete94 and for that you should be awfully proud.;)

Reaction Score
Ollie really had a tough year to be sure. But there is no way that yo don't give him the chance to come back next year with a full roster including the 3 new recruits. There will be a microscope on he and the team, but he deserves the chance to show what he can do with a roster full of only his recruits, post-ban. I am hoping for a 23-7 record overall, 13-5 conference record. That's doable and would turn this boat back around.

Reaction Score
Boy oh boy! The buzzards are circling, the angry mob is in the square with the guillotine, they're warming up the electric chair...We boneyarders get downright cranky when we lose. My feeling is this: KO wasn't born yesterday. He understands better than anyone on this board why our record is what it is. Now he's going to fix and complete his roster so that it can be competitive next season. We need to see a trend upward. And if he doesn't, I'll be standing in the square with my pitchfork.

Reaction Score
OP while I do agree with some of what you are mentioning do we really need another thread about getting rid of KO? Wouldn't the other 10 suffice. LOL! I think if we finish .500 again next year with all of his recruits he will be gone. Nothing is happening this year due to the injuries, though as you pointed out even without them we haven't been as competitive as we thought we would be after winning it in 2014.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry weren't those TWO there when they get beat by Wagner and Northeastern? Did they not still have a team with three starting seniors and Adams for the season(guess ECU is TOO good this year)? Make excuses all you want, the sample size on Ollie is to big to ignore.
You missed another "too."

H

huskymagic

It's not acceptable in 20 minutes.

Bro I would have liked your post just to mess with Mau, but seeing your post and then your avatar with a purple jacket no less changed my mind.

PS: He will get next year to show what he can do once and for all, but if he loses to USF this Thursday night I wouldn't hold my breath that he will do wonders next year. My thoughts on this matter are already established no need to rehash them.

Reaction Score
I need to plan more golf, fishing and trips cuz its going to be a very very long off season.

Reaction Score
He gets at least next year. Unless it's another disaster like this year (but without the injuries), he'll probably get 2.

That said, if in 2 years we're still no closer to being routinely a Top 25 (should be Top 15) team, winning the AAC regular season, and earning protected seeds, then you have to look in another direction.

2 years is plenty of time with his own unfettered recruits to determine whether he has what it takes to lead a perennially strong program.

Reaction Score
He gets at least next year. Unless it's another disaster like this year (but without the injuries), he'll probably get 2.

That said, if in 2 years we're still no closer to being routinely a Top 25 (should be Top 15) team, winning the AAC regular season, and earning protected seeds, then you have to look in another direction.

2 years is plenty of time with his own unfettered recruits to determine whether he has what it takes to lead a perennially strong program.
I agree unless next year we don't make the tourney again though I'm sure they will give him another if he is close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom