Hot Seat yet..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hot Seat yet.....

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm sorry weren't those TWO there when they get beat by Wagner and Northeastern? Did they not still have a team with three starting seniors and Adams for the season(guess ECU is TOO good this year)? Make excuses all you want, the sample size on Ollie is to big to ignore.
Oh and a National Championship isn't too big to ignore? Please get a clue and come back to us.

Ollie is not and should not get fired. You are so short sighted it's ridiculous. If you want to say it's his offense, go back to the tape of the game against Cincy. I just watched it myself. They were getting open looks and MISSING. Ollie can't shoot the ball for them. They couldn't get a rebound. This team is GASSED. They have consistently played guys out of position and more mins than normal because they're so short handed.

People need to settle down. Think of it this way... Good teams keep their coaches a LONG time. Teams that are always hiring and firing coaches never do well. This is true in all sports. This yr is a wash. When they're ranked next yr...id like to hear your argument for firing him.

Reaction Score
Gotta give him another 2yrs by the looks of this season..to think there's gonna be a major turn around is hard to believe..someone spoke of the "2" best players being injured ..those "2" are unproven. .I'm sure 2, at least 1 will be better that actually played this year

Reaction Score
They need to win next year and 5th place in the league and a bubble team won't cut it. People are staying home at n droves this year and another awful year and it will be friend & family by the end of the season next year. And we will be asking who will be the next coach. UConn cannot play in front of 6000 at Gampel or 9500 at he XL. I read once that a coach can lose games and survive but when he loses fans it is over. Ollie is very close to losing the fans.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Ollie being on the hot seat is not a ridiculous thing to say.
But he absolutely 100% has earned, and deserves to have the opportunity to come back next year with a full squad and right the wrong.
If Ollie was let go this summer, that would be very shameful.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
They need to win next year and 5th place in the league and a bubble team won't cut it. People are staying home at n droves this year and another awful year and it will be friend & family by the end of the season next year. And we will be asking who will be the next coach. UConn cannot play in front of 6000 at Gampel or 9500 at he XL. I read once that a coach can lose games and survive but when he loses fans it is over. Ollie is very close to losing the fans.
That's what doomed Diaco. Poor in game decisions, inflexibility with making staff changes (smart ones anyway) and empty seats. When it comes to Ollie's staff, can he hire some experienced coaches? Why must all of the coaches have ties to UCONN? Personally, I don't give a damn about that.

Last edited:

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
So I was bashed by bone yard nation early in the season for calling for Ollie to be put on the hot seat. Now that Uconn has completed another pathetic 6th place finishing under achieving year it seems based on the most recent post that more and more fans are waking up.

I would be ok with him being let go this year, I understand that wont happen, but is the BY ready to agree with me after another season like or close to this that KO has to go?

For those who defend him and say expectations are to high please rethink those thoughts. Is being a top 3 team in the AAC to much to ask, is being competitive vs SMU to much to ask, is coming out to start a game prepared to much to ask, beating Wagner, Northeastern, Houston and ECU to much to ask?

At what point is this underachieving not acceptable?

I wanted Ollie to exceed as much as anyone, how much clearer does it need to be over the last three years that he just doesn't have it. Let him go today and see who gives him a $3 million a year contract.

Has to go??? Let's assume we could do better than KO and that's a massive stretch.

Are we supposed to just ignore the 4 years left and the 15 mil left on his deal? We have no money!! This is just dumb.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That's what doomed Diaco. Poor in game decisions, inflexibility with making staff changes (smart ones anyway) and empty seats. When it comes to Ollie's staff, can he hire some experienced coaches? Why must all of the coaches have ties to UCONN? Personally, I don't give a damn about that.

They just hired Dwayne Killings last year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if we're seeing the same stuff in March 2019 that we're seeing in March 2017, then I'm walking the bandwagon plank of shame

I still believe, but I'm being tested

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom