Hot Sauce | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hot Sauce

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Second the Louisiana/Crystal for buffalo sauce.

I tried making my own once but it came out more like a relish.

Arizona Gunslinger has been a great discovery. I find most hot sauces do not balance heat and flavor well, too spicy with no flavor or no heat. I love spicy foods but they have to taste good.

Reaction Score
If you have a blender and a few basic ingredients hot sauce is pretty easy to make on your own but this is one of my recent faves too.

Maria sharp too.

Attachments

• 1115__62077.1561242204.jpg
    1115__62077.1561242204.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 160

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know about "best". I usually keep a half dozen around for different purposes: buffalo sauce/wings, eggs, Cajun, Latin, East African, Asian. There are different levels of heat/sweetness/fruitiness that work better for each application than a one-size-fits-all approach.

Sriracha has its place, but it's a very limited place.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
My go to sauce. Also anything with ghost pepper.

Attachments

• 1610096970639.png
    1610096970639.png
    957.4 KB · Views: 171
Reaction Score
Hot take: basketball players shouldn't have Hot Sauce as a nickname, unless they don't want to be on the starting lineup.

Good point guards play a lot and are a major ingredient in the recipe of basketball. In the world of food recipes, if hot sauce were the dominant ingredient you'd end up having...just hot sauce.

Hot Sauce would be a great name for a microwave bench scorer: you put him in for just a little bit to kick up the spice of the game.

Discuss below.

Thank you for the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Papaya hot sauce is amazing. Ship in bottles from aruba , perhaps their only export

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know about "best". I usually keep a half dozen around for different purposes: buffalo sauce/wings, eggs, Cajun, Latin, East African, Asian. There are different levels of heat/sweetness/fruitiness that work better for each application than a one-size-fits-all approach.

Sriracha has its place, but it's a very limited place.

This is the correct answer. You need Louisiana style for Cajun food. Need buffalo. Mexican is different. Asian is different. I have probably a dozen different ones.

Reaction Score
You all may want to try "Howler Monkey" hot sauce. There are different 4 levels of hot that are available. This hot sauce uses a scotch bonnet pepper called "ahi chombo" peppers and they come from Panama. These hot sauces have some bite but also have flavor as well.

Reaction Score
Hot take: basketball players shouldn't have Hot Sauce as a nickname, unless they don't want to be on the starting lineup.

Good point guards play a lot and are a major ingredient in the recipe of basketball. In the world of food recipes, if hot sauce were the dominant ingredient you'd end up having...just hot sauce.

Hot Sauce would be a great name for a microwave bench scorer: you put him in for just a little bit to kick up the spice of the game.

Discuss below.

Thank you for the Boneyard.
We need a player named hot sauce. Someone who can cross up their defender followed by throwing the ball into the stands..... Which somehow results in a win for us.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Make my own from garden grown peppers. The play of the heat is so much different. Not sure how to explain it but the way the heat starts and finishes is "cleaner"? More distinct? Almost like the processing of store bought sauces tempers the whole thing? @August_West does that make sense to you?

I understand exactly what you mean. And its true. I think its simply the ingredients. There is a bunch of stuff in even real good mass produced hot sauces that are there for "shelf stability" which I think messes with the alchemy of the underlying intent. Using a minimal amount of your own fresh ingredients is my preffered sauce method , but I do reach for Green El Yucateco when not availbale.

Ive often also used the "clean heat" description to describe real good Indian and Thai food that sets you on fire. They know how to cook with heat and use fresh ingredients (read, peppers) to achieve that heat without crutches.

A great example of dirty heat would be flaming hot cheetohs and crap like that.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@Travelman32 I've been sitting on some dried arbol peppers at home and was planning to make them into a hot sauce. Any recipes or recommendations?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Which hot sauce goes best with crow?

Reaction Score
There's no shortage of local and creative hot sauces, and you got your basic to go sauce.

sauce.jpg

Reaction Score
1. Franks Red Hot which i can put on almost anything.
2. Sriracha for only asian food.
3. Nandos Peri Peri (Medium, Garlic, Hot, Lemon & Herb) on almost anything
4. Hot Ones Los Calientes - might be my favorite hot sauce ever
5. Tapatio
6. El Yucateco
7. Cholula
8. Yellowbird Serrano

In no specific order. Usually decide based on whatever i'm feeling that day what i'm eating.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
1. Franks Red Hot which i can put on almost anything.
2. Sriracha for only asian food.
3. Nandos Peri Peri (Medium, Garlic, Hot, Lemon & Herb) on almost anything
4. Hot Ones Los Calientes - might be my favorite hot sauce ever
5. Tapatio
6. El Yucateco
7. Cholula
8. Yellowbird Serrano

In no specific order. Usually decide based on whatever i'm feeling that day what i'm eating.

I've grown partial to Texas Pete's over Franks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom