HOOPSTREMS streaming quality | The Boneyard

HOOPSTREMS streaming quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Almost every other game has had significant streaming quality problems for me...........so much poorer than last year......

Constant freezing and blurring like tonight make the game impossible to watch....

I understand the corrective procedures and find they frequently do not help....I've paid for a product which is unsatisfactory........who can help me ??? Harriet, earlier in the season indicated that it wasn't her problem and that for technical problems we should contact the provider which I have...unfortunately that hasn't worked very well......I paid my money to HOOPSTREAMS.............THEY should deal with my problem...who are they ???

If any one has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them...Thanks!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The quality tonight is the worst for me all year. All previous games have been fine.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
perfect here -- and I thought I was going to have trouble because some of my pages were working sloooowly.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If you change to the manual control and choose the 1500 streaming rate, you should not have any problems. That's what I do when I start to have blurry images. Link is below the picture.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The quality tonight is the worst for me all year. All previous games have been fine.
Mine has been excellent until tonight too. Again tonight there is no hook up automatically popping up for AirPlay.

Reaction Score
Wbbfan1, thanks for your comment....

I understand streaming rates and that they vary from 300 to 1500 kbps...........I know how to alter them. The higher the rate the clearer the picture but the more likekihood of freezing...the lower the rate the less likelihood of freezing but the blurrier the picture...unfortunately tonight, and several other nights, I have blurring and freezing at every level....Tonight has been the worst for me.

I would also say that the customer should not have to deal with those adjustments in any event....

HOOPSTREAMS should do better by us.

p.s. , it's interesting that some are not having difficulty... why is that ? are there system requirements that we've not been told about ?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Mine has been excellent until tonight too. Again tonight there is no hook up automatically popping up for AirPlay.
Now suddenly the button has appeared and everything is fine.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
what is Airplay ?
Apple's feature connecting an iPhone or iPad to your TV. I stream Hoopstreams on my iPad and then export it to my big screen via AirPlay.

Reaction Score
When the year started, I thought it was going to be more of the same old, same old. But I clicked on the HD button and worked with the streaming rate and discovered that 1500 was our TV's sweet spot, too. I have to do that every game, but it's great because it seems to always work. The adjusted picture i 100% better than it was last year.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
When the year started, I thought it was going to be more of the same old, same old. But I clicked on the HD button and worked with the streaming rate and discovered that 1500 was our TV's sweet spot, too. I have to do that every game, but it's great because it seems to always work. The adjusted picture i 100% better than it was last year.

In Middlebury, Vermont, I had a very good picture tonight. And a lot of blurriness at the last game (Seton Hall).

I have no clue why it is so inconsistent.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

I followed your instructions and the 2nd half was transformed at 1500. Many thanks. I've not just been given a fish, but learned how to fish.

Reaction Score
I followed your instructions and the 2nd half was transformed at 1500. Many thanks. I've not just been given a fish, but learned how to fish.

1500 worked for you but for others frequently freezes the picture and is sometimes blurry ....see my earlier post....

HOOPSTREAMS or their streaming provider should explain why....hopefully they will.............some of us without knowing it may have inadequate equipment to handle THEIR transmission.....

Reaction Score
Sometimes for me it's like the screen is under water. Not terribly satisfying.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Usually for me (in NYC), I get a beautiful picture the first half.....perfect, clear, no trouble with freezing. The (ominous minor chord) the second half comes on and it's all over for me. The picture is a big smear, so I go and up the kbps, get the clearere picture again but experience the freezing for minutes at a time. and when the freeze releases, I get a blurry picture again. I have almost washed my hands of HS.

The interesting thing about last night's Hoopstreams game for me is this: First half beautiful as usual, second half smear as usual, made usual corrective adjustments, and it corrected, but this time it stayed corrected. HOw odd that so many others seemed to have some difficulty.

Karma, I guess

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The interesting thing about last night's Hoopstreams game for me is this: First half beautiful as usual, second half smear as usual, made usual corrective adjustments, and it corrected, but this time it stayed corrected. HOw odd that so many others seemed to have some difficulty.

Karma, I guess

Which was the exact opposite of the game itself...first half was awful, second half was...well, I won't say beautiful, but better...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Which was the exact opposite of the game itself...first half was awful, second half was...well, I won't say beautiful, but better...

que sera, sera

Reaction Score
I look forward to hearing from HOOPSTREAMS about these comments.....Clearly, many of us are having real difficulties and hopefully something will be done........

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Techies will have a better explanation that I do -- but it seems to me the variable factors are service providers, manner of provision (wireless, dsl, cable etc.) and receiving equipment.

Not sure if any of that is in Hoopstreams' control. I guess the best way to assess that would be to send out a Survey Monkey to all members - that way they could see what % of folks are having trouble and what are the possible trouble-causing factors.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Apple's feature connecting an iPhone or iPad to your TV. I stream Hoopstreams on my iPad and then export it to my big screen via AirPlay.
is that because IPad's do not have HDMI ports?

Reaction Score
Techies will have a better explanation that I do -- but it seems to me the variable factors are service providers, manner of provision (wireless, dsl, cable etc.) and receiving equipment.

Not sure if any of that is in Hoopstreams' control. I guess the best way to assess that would be to send out a Survey Monkey to all members - that way they could see what % of folks are having trouble and what are the possible trouble-causing factors.
The survey would seem to be an excellent suggestion..........

I don't know if CPTV/HOOPSTREAMS is creating the transmission or if they've outsourced it....I may be missing something but either way that would appear to be under their control.........

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No there is an adaptor that can accomplish that.
so does it happen wireless or is something like plugged into the headphone jack (aux)?

Reaction Score
Whenever I have problems with CPTV Hoopstreams, I quickly try to play an ESPN broadcast such as an ESPN3 live BB game, any game. In every case I had the same problem. So I put my CPTV problems on my service provider, Comcast. For me Comcast's service is quite uneven. I am looking into using Century Link's (exQwest) DSL delivery service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom