HoopGurlz - Interesting News | The Boneyard

HoopGurlz - Interesting News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Full Court Press - Link

Hope the moderators don't mind that I brought a post from another forum. I thought it was interesting news since many on this board rely on Hoopgurlz for recruiting news.

It will be interesting to see how ESPN covers women's basketball recruiting in the future and will others like Kenny Kallina pick up the void if ESPN cuts back on their coverage.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it was a comment from Clay Callum who said "Though I’ve had my issues with Nelson (and I’m not alone in that), Hoopgurlz provided the most balanced national coverage of girls’ basketball recruiting over the past few years, and I’m hoping they can keep it going"...

i found that interesting. also, if you look at the hoopgurlz home page, i believe it's referenced ESPN for months now. the sad truth about all that is if there was more demand for in depth writing that required traveling all around the country to provide it, ESPN would certainly put the resources into it. it's a reflection of the struggles of the WNBA and women's sports in general - of course Title 9 changed everything, but there is much more interest in men's sports (tennis, gymnastics, track and maybe a few others notwithstanding).

Peach State used to be an independent service until it merged with ESPN as well. Keil Moore and Brandon Clay i believe were part of Peach State. i liked that they had different rankings for the players. it makes me appreciate Blue Star, ASGR, and PBR even more now.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just a quick note on linking posts to other boards - it's perfectly fine to do so except when the post involves insults being brought over from other boards. We really don't need to know someone on another board thinks all Boneyarders are _________ (fill in the blank) or that Geno is a real ___________ (fill in the blank) or that that person has a negative opinion of a current or former UConn player. Fight the battle on the board where you spot the insult; please don't bring it over here.

Recruiting news, basketball news/opinions or even general interest items are always welcome here, even if it originates elsewhere.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Nan, I have a problem with your post in that most other boards would need more than a single blank to fill in for their opinions of Boneyarders and Geno. For example, I am sure that given just one blank to fill in about Boneyarders other boards would have lengthy discussions debating between "intelligent," witty," "gorgeous," "insightful," "desirable," "wise," "open-minded," "fan role models," "fun," well-groomed" or "nice-smelling." One blank on Geno would have them debating between god and God :)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Most exciting of all is that there was a post on the Full Court Press site.

Reaction Score
Nan, I have a problem with your post in that most other boards would need more than a single blank to fill in for their opinions of Boneyarders and Geno. For example, I am sure that given just one blank to fill in about Boneyarders other boards would have lengthy discussions debating between "intelligent," witty," "gorgeous," "insightful," "desirable," "wise," "open-minded," "fan role models," "fun," well-groomed" or "nice-smelling." One blank on Geno would have them debating between god and God :)

++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger