Hoopgurlz 2013 Recruiting Outlook: ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. A few initial thoughts:

Is Duke recruiting the entire top 10?!

Pitt and Syracuse in the ACC--it's still hard to get my head around that. Very oxymoronic.

Saniya Chong listed for Pitt. Hmm.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Still odd to see Syracuse and Pitt listed as ACC members... guess I'll get used to it by 2017-2018 or so...

Hope the ACC as a whole steps up in recruiting..... especially the middle of the pack teams.... well 3-14. The top 2 schools are doing pretty good..

Thanks for sharing. A few initial thoughts:

Is Duke recruiting the entire top 10?!

Pitt and Syracuse in the ACC--it's still hard to get my head around that. Very oxymoronic.

Saniya Chong listed for Pitt. Hmm.

We gotta keep up in this arms race.... we cant afford to be left behind...

U

UCONNfan1

i guess that article/list was done by Kiel Moore. he used to work for Peachstate before they merged with Hoopgurlz. interesting list. i'll be curious if they start coming out with their predictions as to where the kids will go. that would be interesting too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart has a 7'1" wingspan. I think we lead in the "arms" race. :)

She's the only female player that Ive seen that has their wingspan listed.... anyone knows how this compares to Griner?? Other players?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's the only female player that Ive seen that has their wingspan listed.... anyone knows how this compares to Griner?? Other players?
triad - of the players you are recruiting, which ones do you think you have the best shot at landing? i realize things can change, but i was under the impression that maybe only 1 of the top 10 was favoring Duke early in the recruiting process...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Griner: 7'4"

Anthony Davis: 7'5"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
triad - of the players you are recruiting, which ones do you think you have the best shot at landing? i realize things can change, but i was under the impression that maybe only 1 of the top 10 was favoring Duke early in the recruiting process...
Oh, God, you're asking Triad! He'll tell you that they will get 11 of the top 10. :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I admit I dont follow the recruiting process that much..... but I've seen where we are the presumed leaders for Sydney Umeri .. a PF out of Atlanta. She's a top 20 type of player... not sure who in the top 10 was/is favoring us at anytime. Just looking at the roster ..... we are set at PG .. with Alexis Jones and Kianna Holland (2013) coming in. We already have one 2014 verbal... a PF out of Pittsburgh. Personally, I would like to see us get a big physical mean spirited PF, and a great wing shooter in the class of 2013.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
interesting to look at this list a few months later....

of note.... Ga Tech just signed a 4 star post for 2012 who originally committed to Auburn. They now will have a 7 player freshman class :eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
interesting to look at this list a few months later....

of note.... Ga Tech just signed a 4 star post for 2012 who originally committed to Auburn. They now will have a 7 player freshman class :eek:
Has anything happened in the ACC over the past few months? :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reported on a few message boards and Bret McCormick's twitter that The Day Twins (Briana and Bria) have committed to Syracuse. After they decommitted from UNC.... I expected them to at least stay in the South (either ACC or SEC). With Butler and Skyes this year.... and the wing they signed out of Maryland (Butler) and now they have added some height with the Days.... looks like Syracuse will make a strong impact when they join the ACC.

Personally I hope the Day's torch UNC when they play each other :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Day's fell victim to the play certain events to get ranked high early trap. They both have the size and athletism to make an impact, Cuse will still need a big body type post to match up with the more physical post they will face down the road. Basically they will need to find Alexander's replacement in the '13 or '14 class to complement 2 strong classes. I did hear some buzz about a post from Poland or something that's committed to them but not sure which class.

Interesting how the hoopgurlz article isn't close to panning out with these classes.

Reaction Score
Baby Husky...
7'1 wingspan... and STILL growing.
Does anyone know if Rebekah Dahlman is going to go to utenn, and are we recruiting her.
She's a player !

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
In my view we SHOULD be...but I don't know much. She just looks like what we need. Hope we get 2-3 from 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom