Honorary Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. Maryland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Honorary Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. Maryland

Who should get the Bad-Ass award for this game?

• Crystal Dangerfield - double figureu scoring, lots of assists, ran the team like a pro

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Napheesa Collier - double double and solid in every aspect

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Kia Nurse - 5-8 from beyond the arc and 20+ points

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • Gabby Williams - everywhere on offense and defense - double-double AND 5 steals

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Azura Stevens - finally landed her first trey, double-double also

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • The starting 5 - too hard to pick just one? why not the entire starting 5??!!

Votes: 22 22.0%

• Total voters

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm one of the 12 that voted for the starting 5. They are not fine tuned yet, but they are close. It won't be often when I can vote for 5 players in good consciousnesses. They beat a top 25 team by 25. That was a team effort.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The ideas for "nick-names" for Megan are interesting and creative. I have a name for Megan that if she plays the way we all (and Geno) thinks she will, will be appropriate. I'll simply call her...........A winner. I'll bet that's a name she'll like and will answer to. :cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Almost 80 votes. Almost a tie between Kia and Gabby. And not too far behind is "the entire team". Personally I like the idea of voting. Thoughts?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gabby because of all the "wait did that just happen" moments she generates. Kid is tough as nails.

Reaction Score
Gabby, because a triple double is a triple double.

Because those turnovers were HUSTLE plays, trying to do the almost impossible, because her team mates were just a little slower and Gabby was flying at a higher altitude. SOME people might argue she was out of control, but Geno admitted that just as he was getting a chew-out together, Gabby would be doing two amazing contortions to further help the team.

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that Kia is in the conversation this week for being the game 'badass' because she was the high scorer with 21 points.

Lets call it what it is for once, if you score well your considered to have played well. That whole idea of if you don't put the ball in the basket doesn't mean you didn't play well, is just so much banana oil. Play more minutes per game then your teammates, set the table for them to score, hold the best player on the apposing team below their game average and do all the little hustle things and you'll never be an AA candidate. Only scoring more points than the other guy does will get you recognition.

For those who don't read between the lines I'm a big Kia Nurse fan and don't think she gets the credit or recognition she deserves. I hope she's able to up her scoring per game totals, this her senior year and by doing so increase her perceived value.

That's my two cents.

Reaction Score
Almost 80 votes. Almost a tie between Kia and Gabby. And not too far behind is "the entire team". Personally I like the idea of voting. Thoughts?
Love it! (Except for the "Starting 5" option. My own personal opinion is the award is diluted if there is more than one winner, except under unusual circumstances)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that Kia is in the conversation this week for being the game 'badass' because she was the high scorer with 21 points.

Lets call it what it is for once, if you score well your considered to have played well. That whole idea of if you don't put the ball in the basket doesn't mean you didn't play well, is just so much banana oil. Play more minutes per game then your teammates, set the table for them to score, hold the best player on the apposing team below their game average and do all the little hustle things and you'll never be an AA candidate. Only scoring more points than the other guy does will get you recognition.

For those who don't read between the lines I'm a big Kia Nurse fan and don't think she gets the credit or recognition she deserves. I hope she's able to up her scoring per game totals, this her senior year and by doing so increase her perceived value.

That's my two cents.

You just described Alaina Beard of the Los Angeles Sparks in your narrative. The things she does rarely show up in the box score, but if you ask her teammates what they think her value to the team is, it may surprise you. Beard is revered by her teammates and highly respected. She's a veteran who can still get it done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom