Honorary Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. Maryland | The Boneyard

Honorary Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. Maryland

Who should get the Bad-Ass award for this game?

• Crystal Dangerfield - double figureu scoring, lots of assists, ran the team like a pro

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Napheesa Collier - double double and solid in every aspect

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Kia Nurse - 5-8 from beyond the arc and 20+ points

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • Gabby Williams - everywhere on offense and defense - double-double AND 5 steals

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Azura Stevens - finally landed her first trey, double-double also

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • The starting 5 - too hard to pick just one? why not the entire starting 5??!!

Votes: 22 22.0%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Instead of picking a single player, thought it might be fun to vote for the B-A this time. It's a tough call really. Nurse scored over 20. Stevens, Williams and Collier all had double-doubles (Gabby had a triple double if you count turnovers...:eek:)

We knew the 4th quarter would be ragged as Geno brought in the reserves, so it should be no surprise to see Maryland outscore UCONN in the 4th. That is really meaningless as it was a solid smack-down prior to the reserves taking over.

So I thought it would bee fun to vote and see what all the fans think...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Goes to Kia Nurse
Gabby Williams
Honorable mention to Azura Stevens

Reaction Score
Instead of picking a single player, thought it might be fun to vote for the B-A this time. It's a tough call really. Nurse scored over 20. Stevens, Williams and Collier all had double-doubles (Gabby had a triple double if you count turnovers...:eek:)

We knew the 4th quarter would be ragged as Geno brought in the reserves, so it should be no surprise to see Maryland outscore UCONN in the 4th. That is really meaningless as it was a solid smack-down prior to the reserves taking over.

So I thought it would bee fun to vote and see what all the fans think...
Megan has 12 pts, 7 rebs. If she played 5 more mins she will have double-double.

Reaction Score
My vote goes to Kia.
Honorable mention (Freshman badass!) - Andra Espinoza-Hunter
FRESHMAN===B/A Award' Megan and AEH---a glimpse of things to come. If these two are not the first off the bench in the second half of the UCLA game--I'd be surprised. The reason for not the first half is as frosh in Travel the second half will give them time to acclimate to the away, far away from home atmosphere and travel prior. But they shall be needed.\
I am very positively impressed the poise both showed.]\
I'm wondering what is the deal for Gordon??

Reaction Score
Gabby !!

Any Husky player who can record 10 turnovers and still garner kind words and compliments from Geno in the post-game is a true badass !!!

:D
I picked Kia but you are Absolutely right about Gabby!

Reaction Score
Goes to Kia Nurse
Gabby Williams
Honorable mention to Azura Stevens
Gabby threw her contact away in the Cal game--her turnovers it looked like she had vision issues---VERY VERY un-Gabby~~her normal superior co-ordination was off a touch.

Reaction Score
This was not a typical game for Gabby...uncharacteristic turnovers, etc. And yet, one factor remained constant: As usual, she did more things to help her team win than anyone else on the floor. I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but when it comes to Badass awards, my question about this game is the usual...Gabby and who else?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kia was the biggest difference in the 1st quarter when the offense was fuzzy in mid range. MD had a 7-0 run but Kia made timely threes. A first shot 3 to open the game allowing our fans to sit down quickly is badass. :cool:

The TO's for Gabby made it impossible to give it to her. As Geno says, if you reward mental errors in performance, you can''t clean it up.

Reaction Score
I like all but when I saw Phessa has zero vote, I voted her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom