Honesty Scott-Grayson released from Baylor...[merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Honesty Scott-Grayson released from Baylor...[merged]

Reaction Score
I would think after Cooper, Juicy or Moon would handle it?

I am not sure about DeCosta as she is better as a scorer on the wings. I guess trial by error?

Jordyn Oliver is not a PG.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Mulkey better get another grad transfer to play PG for next year.

Reaction Score

I am not sure about DeCosta as she is better as a scorer on the wings. I guess trial by error?

Actually her skill set would make her far more dangerous in the middle of the court. She is better in the open floor. Playing at the wing allows the sideline create one area the defender does not have to worry about., negating her quickness advantage. DeCosta does have good court vision and a passers mentality, but she is in no way going to be ready to handle the point this season. Perhaps as a senior with two more years of experience on the perimeter.

Reaction Score

Didi Richards. Mulkey had her playing point at times last year. She's definitely not gonna be a true point, but if Andrews and or Hailey Van Lith commits. Richards, Moon, Olivier will probably run point until the freshmen are comfortable. Mulkey almost never start freshmen and i don't think she'll risk losing them two if they sign by going for grad transfers.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Since the Evina Westbrook Status thread has been closed and at least part of this thread touched on the NCAA transfer waiver process I though this article about Jim Harbaugh and a football transfer was interesting and potentially applicable to Evina's and WCBB transfers.
Some of the more interesting quotes:

''All the power is in the hands of the school a player is leaving. If they want to help, they can help them become eligible.''-Cincinnati football coach Luke Fickell

"Hudson, a seldom-used offensive lineman, transferred to Cincinnati last year. The NCAA denied his waiver request in the spring to be eligible this season. Hudson posted on Twitter that mental health prompted his transfer, but his request was denied because he did not reveal the issues at Michigan.

"As Harbaugh has often said this summer, he believes all college athletes should be able to transfer once without sitting out the following season."

Michigan's Harbaugh says he wouldn't lie about transfer

It will be an interesting couple of months coming up for the NCAA and UCONN.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So...if Evina is not declared eligible, we will probably assume Coach Jolly had something not supportive to say which then means the UConn-Lady Vol game could get interesting.. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So...if Evina is not declared eligible, we will probably assume Coach Jolly had something not supportive to say which then means the UConn-Lady Vol game could get interesting.. :rolleyes:

It definitely seems like that, but I think Coach Jolly has more to gain then lose by helping Westbrook out.

Reaction Score
Cooper technically wasnt dismissed.....i believe it was stated that she "left the team" or intended to transfer even though word was that she was kicked off. Depending on what happened, it probably helps HSG chances if she was dismissed rather than if she elected to transfer.

The University of Tennessee kicked Cooper out of the school.

Reaction Score
Hopefully her mom moved back to New Jersey, the she can go to SUNJ. CVS would be very good for her.

If she is still n Maryland, I like for her to go to one of the George's schools. George Mason, George Washington or Georgetown. Maryland has three former teammates of hers but she'll get no playing time there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Must be something in the water at Blair Academy in NJ that is leading to commitment issues on the part of their D1 WCBB players. Almost every significant player to attend Blair Academy has ended up transferring in college:
Temi Fagbenle Harvard-USC
Sadie Edwards UCONN-USC
Breanna Cavanaugh Cal-Fordham
Batouly Camara Kentucky-UCONN
Andra Espinosa-Hunter UCONN- Mississippi St.
Honesty Scott-Grayson Baylor-TBD

Hopefully Olivia Miles and Dominique Daruis in '21 will buck this trend.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Knoxville radio guy Jimmy Hyams's blog:

Former Lady Vol basketball player Te’a Cooper decided to transfer from Tennessee in part because she faced possible disciplinary action regarding a fight she instigated with teammate Jaime Nared, according to multiple sources.

The fight occurred in a dorm room shortly after the Lady Vols season ended

It was witnessed by several Lady Vols basketball players, the sources said.

Cooper went before the UT student code of conduct board, but the results of that hearing are not known.

A source said Cooper would not have had her scholarship renewed at Tennessee.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Knoxville radio guy Jimmy Hyams's blog:

Former Lady Vol basketball player Te’a Cooper decided to transfer from Tennessee in part because she faced possible disciplinary action regarding a fight she instigated with teammate Jaime Nared, according to multiple sources.

The fight occurred in a dorm room shortly after the Lady Vols season ended

It was witnessed by several Lady Vols basketball players, the sources said.

Cooper went before the UT student code of conduct board, but the results of that hearing are not known.

A source said Cooper would not have had her scholarship renewed at Tennessee.
Thank you UConnCat as I heard similarly that Holly was told by the Athletic Department that they were revoking Cooper’s scholarship (due to this and other infractions) and Holly could not intercede. Hence the meeting with Holly and Cooper where Cooper “informed Holly of her intention to transfer” to safe face so to say. With the AD invoking the removal of said scholarship, this also explains why she wasn’t granted immediate eligibility to play at SC.
Evina is not under the same situation. Whether UT will support her and Collins transfers for immediate eligibility is stil an unknown. These transfers seem more akin to Romero and Sheppard from Nebraska and would logically warrant immediate eligibility.

The NCAA needs to monitor the revenue programs of MCBB and Football and let the non revenue sports act like normal students of transfers. Even then, if no money is being paid to entice a student to transfer, then a football player (or Hoop player) should be allowed for immediate eligibility. Most transfer for playing time anyway so it’s not like free agency of top players. Why is it Nick Saban (or any Coach) can leave one school for another without an NCAA sanction? Let’s apply logic across all roles.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Must be something in the water at Blair Academy in NJ that is leading to commitment issues on the part of their D1 WCBB players. Almost every significant player to attend Blair Academy has ended up transferring in college:
Sadie Edwards UCONN-USC

I know this doesn't counter the point you're making but to be fair to Temi, at least she finished her Undergraduate degree in Anthropology at Harvard [three playing seasons because the NCAA ruled her ineligible her freshmen season] before transferring to USC, for her final year of eligibility. She then postponed her WNBA career to finish her Master's Degree.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards UCONN-USC

Well Duke has a former Blair player on the roster ... OAJ... But I'm not worried about her leaving

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well Duke has a former Blair player on the roster ... OAJ... But I'm not worried about her leaving
True enough the ACC seems to be working out better for Blair Academy players. Felicia Aiyeotan at UVA and OAJ at Duke seem to be sticking to their commitments. However I did say " almost every significant player ".
OAJ started 22 games as a Freshmen for Duke -why are you not worried about her leaving? :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
True enough the ACC seems to be working out better for Blair Academy players. Felicia Aiyeotan at UVA and OAJ at Duke seem to be sticking to their commitments. However I did say " almost every significant player ".
OAJ started 22 games as a Freshmen for Duke -why are you not worried about her leaving? :eek:

Hmmm... I didnt know that Aiyeoton went to Blair. Well She, OAJ, and Fabgenle are cut from a different cloth.... than the other players mentioned. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom