Honesty Scott-Grayson released from Baylor...[merged] | The Boneyard

Honesty Scott-Grayson released from Baylor...[merged]

Reaction Score
dismissed*

She highly considered Ole Miss out of HS, and with Insell now at MTSU...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She went to 5 high schools in 4 years including Riverdale Baptist in Maryland twice.

MTSU make a lot of sense. Rellah Boothe is there plus another girl. That seem to be the place to go if you are trying to get a fresh start.

Reaction Score
She went to 5 high schools in 4 years including Riverdale Baptist in Maryland twice.

MTSU make a lot of sense. Rellah Boothe is there plus another girl. That seem to be the place to go if you are trying to get a fresh start.
More on her transfers (and it's a good story): https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...e67f5e-867e-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html

Also, Rutgers may be another possibility -- close to where she lived in NJ, and they have Morris, who was also dismissed by Baylor.

Reaction Score
More on her transfers (and it's a good story): https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...e67f5e-867e-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html

Also, Rutgers may be another possibility -- close to where she lived in NJ, and they have Morris, who was also dismissed by Baylor.
I remember reading that article about her. She was a child prodigy playing high school ball at Life Center in the 8th grade. Sorry things didn't work out for her at Baylor. Unfortunately you can say that about a lot of players there.

Reaction Score

Boothe + TN transfer Hayes + Hayes' sister + Eternati Willock (K St)

I'm not sure MTSU would benefit from her. As we saw with Warlick, you need a strong coach to handle that many personalities and talent, otherwise chaos. At this point I think MTSU needs some team-oriented role players to balance things out.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

First of the 5 to go. Kim is not having the best luck with her freshman PGs. Barely saw anything from HSG last year but I didnt anticipate her being a big factor in 19-20 with the addition of Cooper and Landrum back. She was highly rated out of HS so she could be a good pickup for someone.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Honestly (SWIDT?) I don't think this is a big loss for Baylor. She didn't look nearly as talented as Smith, DeCosta and Egbo.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Wonder where she’ll land. I personally wouldn’t mind if CVS deemed her worthy of a chance at Rutgers. It’s certainly a roll of a dice in these situations if the behaviors that caused the dismissal follows from the one school to the other.

Reaction Score
I remember reading that article about her. She was a child prodigy playing high school ball at Life Center in the 8th grade. Sorry things didn't work out for her at Baylor. Unfortunately you can say that about a lot of players there.

Sorry she can't follow rules, like Morris.

Reaction Score
Baylor will be banking on Hailey Van Lith or Andrews (already were), they will desperately need a PG the following year.

Reaction Score
Baylor will be banking on Hailey Van Lith or Andrews (already were), they will desperately need a PG the following year.
Andrews reminds me so much of Sims. I think that Andrews and Gusters, plus their terrific 2018 class with keep them in contention for a title.

The state of Texas has so much talent for girls basketball.

Reaction Score

I've been watching her play for years and never understood her lofty ranking.....................clearly Baylor should have known she (and her family) might be problematic based on her multiple high school transfers..............................everybody around NJ WBB certainly knew it.............

Reaction Score
Wonder where she’ll land. I personally wouldn’t mind if CVS deemed her worthy of a chance at Rutgers. It’s certainly a roll of a dice in these situations if the behaviors that caused the dismissal follows from the one school to the other.

Michigan could have a chance at landing her, they have a former Baylor assistant on staff now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not sure how this works but if she was dismissed from a program, does she have to sit out next year or is free to play next year?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sit. See Cooper, Te’a.
Cooper technically wasnt dismissed.....i believe it was stated that she "left the team" or intended to transfer even though word was that she was kicked off. Depending on what happened, it probably helps HSG chances if she was dismissed rather than if she elected to transfer.

Reaction Score
Cooper technically wasnt dismissed.....i believe it was stated that she "left the team" or intended to transfer even though word was that she was kicked off. Depending on what happened, it probably helps HSG chances if she was dismissed rather than if she elected to transfer. IIRC it was more along the lines of school-imposed punishments and suspensions.
I agree. Te'a was sort of a poor example, her departure went further than a violation of team rules, and was more school oriented than team.
"Lady Vols coach Holly Warlick announced Tuesday night that sophomore Te’a Cooper is transferring after sitting out a season.

“Te’a Cooper and I had a good conversation today during which she shared with me her wishes to transfer,” Warlick said in a university release. “We plan to grant that request.

"I appreciate all of Te'a's hard work and her contributions to our program the last two years.”"

Anastasia Hayes may be a better example of someone else who sat out after being dismissed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No guarantee. If a waiver is submitted it depends on what the NCAA decides.

Of course. I didn't mention because the waiver process is always available. The question as I interpreted it was whether a dismissal alone (as opposed to a voluntary transfer) avoids the year in residency requirement thus obviating the need for a waiver request.

The NCAA addressed this circumstance in its updated regulations governing dismissal from the previous school's team:

When a school requests a waiver because it asserts a student-athlete no longer has the opportunity to participate at his or her previous school, the new school must provide proof that the student-athlete is in good academic standing and meeting progress-toward-degree requirements at the new school and a statement from the previous school’s athletics director indicating whether the student could return to the team; whether the student was dismissed from the team and the date of dismissal; whether the student was in good academic standing at the time of departure; and the reasons the student gave the previous school for the transfer.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Cooper technically wasnt dismissed.....i believe it was stated that she "left the team" or intended to transfer even though word was that she was kicked off. Depending on what happened, it probably helps HSG chances if she was dismissed rather than if she elected to transfer.

Actually, my understanding was that Cooper was facing a one-year suspension from school. The discipline for her actions was taken out of Holly's hands.

It would indeed be twisted if a player could avoid the year in residency requirement by getting himself/herself dismissed from the team or school. The NCAA seems to be all over this one:

When a school requests a waiver because it asserts a student-athlete no longer has the opportunity to participate at his or her previous school, the new school must provide proof that the student-athlete is in good academic standing and meeting progress-toward-degree requirements at the new school and a statement from the previous school’s athletics director indicating whether the student could return to the team; whether the student was dismissed from the team and the date of dismissal; whether the student was in good academic standing at the time of departure; and the reasons the student gave the previous school for the transfer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom