Honest Question on Donovan Williams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Honest Question on Donovan Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We absolutely need to can Diaco and start DW at QB. We need to do both right duck*ing NOW!

Why you ask? I don't really know. But, after reading the mind numbing posts on this board I'm convinced we need to do both those things.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Here's the thing - when Diaco/Verducci decide to open the play-calling a touch, we are actually quite efficient moving the ball in the air. UConn fans know this, national announcers who know absolutely nothing about UConn football see it, and our opposing coaches say this. The last group of people on Earth to realize and buy into this is our own coaching staff.

It's because the they still are clinging to the notion that we are a smash mouth team when we haven't been able to block a defensive team from any level of football consistently in about 4-5 years.

Reaction Score
The Louisville QB is a Freshman ,right? Dan Orlovsky played as a Freshman, right? Made him a better player. Made the team a better team.
Give Davis and Williams a shot.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No, There are other issues that need to be dealt with before throwing a fresheman quarterback to the lions.

Reaction Score
No, There are other issues that need to be dealt with before throwing a fresheman quarterback to the lions.
Like the offensive line that couldn't block a cardboard cut out of a defensive player standing directly in front of them without tripping over the line of scrimmage.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Like the offensive line that couldn't block a cardboard cut out of a defensive player standing directly in front of them without tripping over the line of scrimmage.
Actually, I thought the offensive line looked much improved against Houston, especially at tackle. Peart was stellar. TE's blocked better. The O line has taken a ton of heat over the past several years, but I think they're getting there. Play calling, secondary....another issue, but maybe the line has turned a corner.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
BS will not play on Sundays but even if he was, behind this O line he'd still have happy feet, still miss receivers and still be thinking run first. This is not the time to burn a RS and blood a freshman QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom