Homecoming Game Week - UConn vs. UMass (Saturday 10/27/18 @ Noon on ESPNU) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Homecoming Game Week - UConn vs. UMass (Saturday 10/27/18 @ Noon on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
I say this because margin of victory is the tiebreaker in the Mythical Yankee Conference Championship. UNH is terrible this year and Maine beat URI by only 2 whereas UConn beat URI by a QB sack on the last play. Something like 7, right? I have forgotten the score. Repurposing the ConFLiCT Trophy sounds like an excellent idea. Can we get Bobby Red Pants to make the award presentation? Maybe the teams could sing their alma maters after the presentation. Helmets held high and all that, UMass in the northwest visitors' corner and UConn in the southeast next to the band and students section, the latter of which might have one or two students left at the end. This game will be very significant. It is gonna do some real damage to the hopes and aspirations for a Futile Four appearance for one team.

Lolol. I like the way you think and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Looks like it will be quite the day Saturday!!

024.jpg

Reaction Score
Well, that kind of day is what got us the win against UCF at home during the Batman years.

UMass is going to be just another Saturday.

Game on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tyler Coyle on KR duty? Has that been going on all year and I just totally missed it or is this something new?

Reaction Score
Tyler Coyle on KR duty? Has that been going on all year and I just totally missed it or is this something new?

Last three weeks or so... when they decided to RS Heron M.

Reaction Score
Notes from Weekly Press Conference:

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 2 minutes ago
UConn QB David Pindell is 13 yards shy of setting the UConn career rushing record for a QB. Pretty impressive in what amounts to one full season.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 2 minutes ago
Healthwise #UConn is in great shape. Hergy Mayala battling a cold.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 1 minute ago
Hergy Mayala wasn't at practice today but #UConn coach Randy Edsall hopes he'll be out there tomorrow. Quayvon Skanes out a few weeks with shoulder issue

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 59 seconds ago
#UConn Randy Edsall said his understanding is UMass QB Andrew Ford is out but Comis is a good QB

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 1 minute ago
Coach Edsall has seen improvement in practice. Guys are starting to get it, he added

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 57 seconds ago
Edsall: "I thought Matt Peart played his best game."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 53 seconds ago
#UConn coach Randy Edsall likes the football savvy of freshman safety Oneil Robinson

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 13 seconds ago
Edsall says the rotating kicker thing will continue and is based in performance in practice and pregame.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 15 seconds ago
Edsall said that Sunday was the first time that nobody was overweight during weigh-in.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 22 seconds ago
Edsall is talking about eating and sleeping. Flashbacks. *shudder*

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 14 seconds ago
Edsall: “Defensively, they’re starting to trust each other a little bit more.”

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 11 seconds ago
UConn backup QB Marvin Washington, who was not allowed to travel last week to USF, apparently missed or was late for a team meeting.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 23 seconds ago
Back-up quarterback Marvin Washington, who didn’t make trip to South Florida due to disciplinary reasons, practiced today. “As of today, he will,” Edsall said when asked if Washington will be in uniform vs. UMass.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rotating kickers. Players getting it 7 games into the season. Backup QB questions when the starting QB is the alpha and omega of what the team can do on offense.

It's Randy Edsall show folks!! Showtime Saturday at noon. Enjoy the veal.

I hope they win this one.

Reaction Score
Ancient History Note: 45 Years Ago to The Day, October 27, 1973, UConn vs. UMass also on Homecoming Day in a packed Memorial Stadium, fans standing all around the field and end zones. Gorgeous Fall Day, UConn 28, UMass 6. Timmy Berra, Yogi's son, good player, played for UMass. UConn D held UMass to TWO yards rushing, 104 yards passing... Eric Torkelson, UConn, ran for 109.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Ancient History Note: 45 Years Ago to The Day, October 27, 1973, UConn vs. UMass also on Homecoming Day in a packed Memorial Stadium, fans standing all around the field and end zones. Gorgeous Fall Day, UConn 28, UMass 6. Timmy Berra, Yogi's son, good player, played for UMass. UConn D held UMass to TWO yards rushing, 104 yards passing... Eric Torkelson, UConn, ran for 109.

Is your user name an ode to Jerry Garcia's bluegrass band?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom