Home Opener: UConn v. Army (10/11/19 @ 7:05 @ XL Center) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Home Opener: UConn v. Army (10/11/19 @ 7:05 @ XL Center)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
only 2029 in attendance....

I wonder if at least some of that poor attendance may be due to issues at the University of Connecticut Athletics - Official Athletics Website site. As of yesterday evening the MHOC game was not on the scrolling banner at top (it is now - too late). Also they've put the UConn team as the top entry on the banner, regardless of where the game is being played. That is, every game looks at first like an "away" game.

Cooper11

Cooper 11
Reaction Score
Agreed.
Agreed as well...but....with 8 Hockey East games coming in the month of November they do not have the luxury of coming together 2nd half or this will be another....ohh we were so close but in the end we missed the last Hockey East Tourny spot and gee next year we are gonna be good....he needs to get his teams to gel quicker....we loose to much ground every year in the beginning...I don't understand why they didn't even play one preseason game this year to help with that and especially before starting with Sacred Heart and the pesky history there......I know these are essentially pre-season games till November but...they really aren't...they build cohesiveness, reputation, confidence...and momentum...in both the team and the fan base....the game today against RPI actually is more important now than we were all hoping it would be....really don't want them 0-2-1.

Reaction Score
Agreed as well...but....with 8 Hockey East games coming in the month of November they do not have the luxury of coming together 2nd half or this will be another....ohh we were so close but in the end we missed the last Hockey East Tourny spot and gee next year we are gonna be good....he needs to get his teams to gel quicker....we loose to much ground every year in the beginning...I don't understand why they didn't even play one preseason game this year to help with that and especially before starting with Sacred Heart and the pesky history there.I know these are essentially pre-season games till November but...they really aren't...they build cohesiveness, reputation, confidence...and momentum...in both the team and the fan base....the game today against RPI actually is more important now than we were all hoping it would be....really don't want them 0-2-1.

Was at game and was disappointed with the crowd. The team is maddening but I think that’s youth rather than talent. That said I agree today is a really important game. Weird schedule as we have a game next Friday and then don’t play the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom