Home Game? | The Boneyard

Home Game?

Reaction Score
Are we going to hear from fans of Stanford and North Carolina State that this was a home game for UCONN and therefore unfair? What did everyone think of the refs? Interesting the non foul call when Paige was tackled to the ground....
Anyways let get ready for Sunday. Anyone have any superstitions before big games they are willing to share?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
GIF by Brett Eldredge

Reaction Score
Are we going to hear from fans of Stanford and North Carolina State that this was a home game for UCONN and therefore unfair? What did everyone think of the refs? Interesting the non foul call when Paige was tackled to the ground....
Anyways let get ready for Sunday. Anyone have any superstitions before big games they are willing to share?
Deliver poisoned pizza to the bad refs the night before the game.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
No home court, and I think the refs did ok overall. Lucky Dee Kantner did the first game.

Reaction Score
No home court, and I think the refs did ok overall. Lucky Dee Kantner did the first game.
Actually, they were awful. Paige got mugged. And Kantner doesn't hate us anymore. I am more worried about Michael McConnell if we get him in the next game. He did our 2018 final four game against ND. Not sure why he hates Geno. Michol Murray and Angelica Suffern concern me too. I don't recall if Maj Forsberg hates Geno or not and there are some new refs on the list too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Actually, they were awful. Paige got mugged. And Kantner doesn't hate us anymore. I am more worried about Michael McConnell if we get him in the next game. He did our 2018 final four game against ND. Not sure why he hates Geno. Michol Murray and Angelica Suffern concern me too. I don't recall if Maj Forsberg hates Geno or not and there are some new refs on the list too.
Are you serious with this stuff? Calling a foul on a UConn player doesn‘t mean the ref hates Geno.

Reaction Score
Looking at the stats, both teams had 16 fouls by the end of the game. If you subtract maybe 5-6 intentional fouls at the end, Stanford was only called for about 9-10 fouls during “regular” play. Looking at their season stats, they averaged exactly 16 fouls per game. Also, they only had a total of 6 people foul out and three of those were brink. For UConn the average was 14 fouls per game and interestingly 7 foul outs, with three for Olivia and three for Aaliyah. Nothing unusual for UConn. So as painful as it was to watch with my bias for UConn and the refs not seeming to call as many fouls on Stanford as I thought they should, I don’t think the refs were biased against.

however, don’t get me started on how the refs generally will let a lot of stuff go in the early stages, I don’t like it that they seem to “insert” themselves into the flow of the game by calling it much tighter towards the end of a game, for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
Are you serious with this stuff? Calling a foul on a UConn player doesn‘t mean the ref hates Geno.
I know. I am a horrible person and terrible basketball fan. To all the fans of other teams reading this, I do not represent typical UConn fans. I suck. But I also call it as I see it and the data doesn't lie. When the data and my eyes say the same thing, it is real. And, no, the problem isn't calling fouls on UConn. The problem is how much certain refs let certain teams get away with when playing UConn. Paige was mugged last night with very few calls.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I know. I am a horrible person and terrible basketball fan. To all the fans of other teams reading this, I do not represent typical UConn fans. I suck. But I also call it as I see it and the data doesn't lie. When the data and my eyes say the same thing, it is real. And, no, the problem isn't calling fouls on UConn. The problem is how much certain refs let certain teams get away with when playing UConn. Paige was mugged last night with very few calls.
LOL, rewatch the game and how Haley Jones and Lexi Held were guarded. Lexi mysteriously fell down whenever Aaliyah was in the area.

Reaction Score
LOL, rewatch the game and how Haley Jones and Lexi Held were guarded. Lexi mysteriously fell down whenever Aaliyah was in the area.
Yeah, and she was called for those fouls.

Reaction Score
Not all of them. Butwhatever
A much higher percentage than were called on Stanford. Whose players were in foul trouble? Stanford was called for zero fouls in Q1. UConn had three free throw attempts after three quarters. Three. Go back and watch the game and see how much they beat up Paige. And look how they were locking up ONOs arms.

Reaction Score
Did the Stanford players take Muffet's class on how to flop? Were some of them Flops? What is your take at the end of the game when Paige was tackled by the Stanford player, and I believe it was Brink and would have been her fifth, and they called it a jump ball>???

Reaction Score
I think people missed the serious question at the end... does anyone have Big Game superstitions?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
First off, lighten up on the sarcasm. Second, thankfully YES, you do not represent most of us UConn fans. As a newbie on the board, my advice to you is view this gathering of mostly UConn fans as a large cocktail party where you go from thread to thread with different groups and yes, please opine but be a bit less aggressive and absolute in statements that are solely of opinion. Do that and you will get along fine, continue on the current "aggressive tact" and you will be called out in nearly as aggressive terms as the ones that you are giving.

Go over to McGraw's Bench or VolNation and get their take on how the refs called the game completely in UConn's favor....

Reaction Score
We seem to get multiple moving screens called on us every game. Why didn't this get fixed, or did it and it's a bogus call? Since I see both teams doing it, and only called on us, I say bogus.
Cant remember if it was D or Sue but one of them said “with all the nil money why don’t they just fine the players for illegal screens instead of calling fouls” there show was better than the Mannings

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Did the Stanford players take Muffet's class on how to flop? Were some of them Flops? What is your take at the end of the game when Paige was tackled by the Stanford player, and I believe it was Brink and would have been her fifth, and they called it a jump ball>???
It was Lexi Hull, and it should have been a foul. But we won and the refs were not terrible. Maybe not great, but typical of the way WBB is called now. I just hope the stripes do not let South Carolina play bully ball on Sunday.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
The foul that I was really pissed at not getting called was at 2:07, when Aaliyah got a rebound on the right side of the Stamford basket and Cameron put her forearm into Aaliyah's back and pushed her out of bounds. Would have been Cameron's fifth, and was quite obvious, since Aaliyah suddenly accelerated off the court. Fortunately, Stamford didn't score off the inbounds play.

Other than that, I actually thought the questionable calls -- both missed fouls and phantom foul calls -- were pretty even.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom