Votes: 56 46.7%
  • SMU - 12/6

Votes: 99 82.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ICYMI we LOST to Towson last year

If you read my post you will see my statement that says if the changes that are taking place now, were in place for Towson, we don't lose that game. That was my point.

Reaction Score
If you read my post you will see my statement that says if the changes that are taking place now, were in place for Towson, we don't lose that game. That was my point.

Hey I hope you're right. We'll never know if that's true or not, but I saw a Towson team that was bigger, stronger, and faster than we were on that infamous night. They were the superior team in every facet of the game. That was not a fluke win.

Reaction Score
I saw a Towson team that was bigger, stronger, and faster than we were.

That's exactly what HCBD is so critical of and outspoken about...and why our Strength Coach was fired.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what HCBD is so critical of and outspoken about...and why our Strength Coach was fired.

Right. Now as whaler said earlier, how fast can he fix it? By Stony Brook? Who knows?

Reaction Score
I voted 7-0 at home, because when engaging in something like this, it simply makes no sense to me to pick against my team.

I've said before that the Stony Brook game will be a better measure of where we are at and our potential for the 2014 full season, than the BYU game will be. Obviously I'd love to come out and beat BYU on opening night, and I expect and hope to, but Stony Brook - is a game that I believe we should be able to win handily. If we are struggling with Stony Brook, we will have great difficulty competing with the rest of our schedule. If we can dismantle and dominate Stony Brook start to finish, I believe we've got good chance to compete with our opponents through the duration and be in position to earn a post season spot, and if enough good things happen our way, be in position to compete at the top of the league late in the season.

The goal, for me, always, is to compete for a league title. If we are at the point with this program, that we cannot dominate a Stony Brook, that's a long shot.

Reaction Score
I voted 7-0 at home, because when engaging in something like this, it simply makes no sense to me to pick against my team.

I've said before that the Stony Brook game will be a better measure of where we are at and our potential for the 2014 full season, than the BYU game will be. Obviously I'd love to come out and beat BYU on opening night, and I expect and hope to, but Stony Brook - is a game that I believe we should be able to win handily. If we are struggling with Stony Brook, we will have great difficulty competing with the rest of our schedule. If we can dismantle and dominate Stony Brook start to finish, I believe we've got good chance to compete with our opponents through the duration and be in position to earn a post season spot, and if enough good things happen our way, be in position to compete at the top of the league late in the season.

The goal, for me, always, is to compete for a league title. If we are at the point with this program, that we cannot dominate a Stony Brook, that's a long shot.

FYI - Stony Brook finished 5-6 last year. They return 12 starters this year, 6 on O and 6 on D. The only common opponent we faced last year was Buffalo. As everyone knows UCONN got blown away by Buffalo 41-12 on Sept. 28th (P.P's demise)! Two weeks earlier Stony Brook lost to Buffalo 26-23 in 5 OT's. The previous year, Stony Brook finished 10-3. a common opponent was Syracuse. Stony Brook lost to the Orangemen, 28-17 on 9/15/12. UCONN lost to Cuse 40-10 on 10/19/12. Based on past performance Stony Brook will night be a cake walk. So I agree, if a Diaco lead UCONN blows away Stony Brook it will be a very positive sign of good things ahead.

Reaction Score
FYI - Stony Brook finished 5-6 last year. They return 12 starters this year, 6 on O and 6 on D. The only common opponent we faced last year was Buffalo. As everyone knows UCONN got blown away by Buffalo 41-12 on Sept. 28th (P.P's demise)! Two weeks earlier Stony Brook lost to Buffalo 26-23 in 5 OT's. The previous year, Stony Brook finished 10-3. a common opponent was Syracuse. Stony Brook lost to the Orangemen, 28-17 on 9/15/12. UCONN lost to Cuse 40-10 on 10/19/12. Based on past performance Stony Brook will night be a cake walk. So I agree, if a Diaco lead UCONN blows away Stony Brook it will be a very positive sign of good things ahead.

All I know about Stony Brook, is that we're supposed to be a different level of football than they are. A higher level.

Reaction Score
All I know about Stony Brook, is that we're supposed to be a different level of football than they are. A higher level.[/QUOTE
Correct and we will be but good Mid Majors every now and then Knock off D-1 schools

Here are a few: http://www.bankrollsports.com/NCAA-Football/Upsets.shtml

Alabama, Oklahoma, VA Tech, Michigan - all survived those upsets. We can survive Townson State who was almost the National
FCS Champion last year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Klinsmann said it "wasn't realistic" to think the USA could win 7 games. And he was torn to pieces because what he said was "un-American." Well if that's true, looks like we have a board full of Commies here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
All I know about Stony Brook, is that we're supposed to be a different level of football than they are. A higher level.

That's the same crap P5 fans say about UConn and people flip out.

Towson was better than UConn. They were better than Memphis, Temple and USF most likely too. They would have moved the ball with ease against Rutgers.

Maybe they bought into the cliches you pollute with - I'm pretty sure they are just as effective for an FCS team as an FBS team.

Reaction Score
I bleed blue all the way but in fact Stony Brook has out performed UCONN against common opponents. I am with Diaco in putting the past behind and forging ahead. I am hoping and praying that the changes the new coaching staff implement will bring about dramatic revolutionary change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom