Home Game Chant: "Ollie Bomaye" | The Boneyard

Home Game Chant: "Ollie Bomaye"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
For those not familiar with boxing, this was the famous chant in The Rumble in the Jungle Fight. Ushering in a new Era, maybe Ollie's Army can start a Wild/Feverish chant at XL & Gampel, in support of our New Head Coach. Will it replace, Big Red? No, but if we take something from the past & mix it with the Future- who knows how impressive we can be.

Ali was a very endearing figure to the people of Zaire, and his mind games played out well, turning the Congolese people in his favour and against George Foreman. A popular chant of theirs leading up to, and during the fight was "Ali bomaye!", which means "Ali, kill him!"

Of coarse, if this takes off & fills the arena with Support & love for Ollie's Quest to a Long Term deal, remember you heard it from GemParty on the Boneyard.;) Nothing would make me Happier, then hearing the courtside announcing team- recognizing the chant, and comparing our Ollie/Ali to the need for Warde to act Quick & Decisively on their Rising Star of a Coach.

Ollie Bomaye!!!
Ollie Bomaye!!!
Ollie Bomaye!!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Phonetically, 'boom-ah-yay'

Great part about this in the documentary about the fight.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It's a very aggressive chant. The kind of thing you hear before a riot breaks out.

The cadence is the key.

Do you think a western crowd can count in threes? That's why latin and african chants sound so cool, they use rhythms that come in twos and threes, not just waltzes all the time.

A-li!
Boom-a-yay!

Reaction Score
Please no thanks. I like your posts and tweets gemparty, but Kevin deserves something more original than that. And I personally don't care for Mohammad Ali at all.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think it's clever and would bring down the house if it caught on. Students?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
It would probably be more effective having students chanting this outside Manual's office near the end of the season.

Reaction Score
"TAKE-THE-STAIRS"

haha...yeah never gna happen...but i wish we get some chants in for coach calhoun...if he is going to be at the games its going to get wild!

GemParty

Reaction Score
I agree with Mr Wonderful, if done correctly, it could be frightening! Ollie Bomaye!!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There should be a filter on the board that redirects posts with suggestions for chants or nicknames directly to the women's board.

Let's walk this back for a second.

We can't get people to show up on time for games or stay 'til the end. We can't white-out games or blue-out games without half the fans in attendance opting to wear green or yellow or even the colors of the school we're playing. Two-thirds of our more recently acquired fans would probably tell Big Red to sit down.

And despite this, you think we're going to be able to get a bunch of insurance adjusters and middle managers to take of the persona of a Zairois' boxing crowd?

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to take the Realignment Board questionnaire in order to continue posting here.

__ Drunk
__ Stupid
__ From California

Reaction Score
_ From California

Thanks Fishy. The West Coast contingency really appreciates this addition!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Someone hasn't been listening to the advice in his own signature...

I do think there will be more enthusiasm for this "new start" than people might expect. It harkens back to the days when we were on the way up, and I think that's a spirit and energy of hope that any of us who were there when we were at the bottom would love to recapture. I believe it has to start with the students in the first instance, and that's the biggest question for me because I really have no idea where they're at on this. But if there is a new spark in the student section, I think you might be pleasantly surprised to see the "insurance adjusters and middle managers" more willing to get involved than they have been in many years.

Reaction Score
Are those the only choices?!? I don't drink and I'm not from California.....

Damn you Fishy! Damn you to HELLLLL!!!!!!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Say it with me Fishy- Ollie Bomaye!!! Ollie Bomaye!!! Next thing you know, he sets a visit with Parker. Screw the insurance adjusters.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There should be a filter on the board that redirects posts with suggestions for chants or nicknames directly to the women's board.

Let's walk this back for a second.

We can't get people to show up on time for games or stay 'til the end. We can't white-out games or blue-out games without half the fans in attendance opting to wear green or yellow or even the colors of the school we're playing. Two-thirds of our more recently acquired fans would probably tell Big Red to sit down.

And despite this, you think we're going to be able to get a bunch of insurance adjusters and middle managers to take of the persona of a Zairois' boxing crowd?

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to take the Realignment Board questionnaire in order to continue posting here.

__ Drunk
__ Stupid
__ From California
Just hilarious. How about Begharder? And you sir are not from the mid-west.

Reaction Score
"Ollie Ollie, (huskies) oxen free!"

"Good Ollie, Miss Molly!"

The Northern O-lliance.

K.O.!!!!!! (fits with your boxing theme)

For our British friends...."Ollie good show."

_X_ Hopped up on cold meds. It's the Sudafed talking.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Please no thanks. I like your posts and tweets gemparty, but Kevin deserves something more original than that. And I personally don't care for Mohammad Ali at all.
It's Muhammad.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
For those not familiar with boxing, this was the famous chant in The Rumble in the Jungle Fight. Ushering in a new Era, maybe Ollie's Army can start a Wild/Feverish chant at XL & Gampel, in support of our New Head Coach. Will it replace, Big Red? No, but if we take something from the past & mix it with the Future- who knows how impressive we can be.

Ali was a very endearing figure to the people of Zaire, and his mind games played out well, turning the Congolese people in his favour and against George Foreman. A popular chant of theirs leading up to, and during the fight was "Ali bomaye!", which means "Ali, kill him!"

Of coarse, if this takes off & fills the arena with Support & love for Ollie's Quest to a Long Term deal, remember you heard it from GemParty on the Boneyard.;) Nothing would make me Happier, then hearing the courtside announcing team- recognizing the chant, and comparing our Ollie/Ali to the need for Warde to act Quick & Decisively on their Rising Star of a Coach.

Ollie Bomaye!!!
Ollie Bomaye!!!
Ollie Bomaye!!!

You're really reaching, Gem. This one is a miss.

Reaction Score
Ollie Bomaye hits the spots very well. I remember my Dad and myself (high schooler) driving home and definitely not wanting to see the Ali-Foreman fight live because we thought Foreman would kill my hero - Ali. We were wildly shocked upon arriving to see replays of the spectacular upset knockout. Ali Bomaye never sounded as good. Now I just to want to hear Ollie Bomaye from the fans starting at first Nite.

Reaction Score
Good luck with this one. The emo fanboys in their skinny jeans chanting an obscure boxing reference from the early 70's? Right. Maybe we can steal Boola Boola or Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah next.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good luck with this one. The emo fanboys in their skinny jeans chanting an obscure boxing reference from the early 70's? Right. Maybe we can steal Boola Boola or Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah next.
This from the man who brought us "Shoo, shoo Orange flu" or whatever the hell that disaster was.

Just kidding ya' Deep. You know I've hopped in with both feet to support our boys no matter how looney your plan. These are not times to be indifferent or cynical imo. This is a time to be excited for a new chapter of our mutually shared obsession that has yet to be written. I believe we can help make a difference in the story if we help foster an environment of enthusiasm and hope. It's contagious. And so is cynicism and indifference. I know it and you know it. This chant may not catch, but if we keep throwing stuff at the wall something will likely stick sooner or later if the support is there. All it takes is one Big Red, Blue&White Kid (where y'at Dale?), pink hat kid or someone else to hear the call and be inspired to pick up the ball and run with it. Who says it can't start here? You're a pretty creative fellow, what have you got to throw in the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom