holy shi% the next game is next Sat | The Boneyard

holy shi% the next game is next Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
three games in three games is nice... waiting six days is wrong

Reaction Score

Can't agree more. The slow "finals" period is going to be somewhat agonizing. Can't wait for the Big East madness to begin!

Reaction Score
for us fans it sucks hopefully it will do the team some good now that we have Boatright eligible, need to work on maintaining a lead and ball handling etc.

Reaction Score
for us fans it sucks hopefully it will do the team some good now that we have Boatright eligible, need to work on maintaining a lead and ball handling etc.

agreed, team needs to learn to KO a team with 10 minutes left

Reaction Score
As much as I hate not having a game for a week, I think Calhoun now has them at a place where they can make a lot of progress in practice this week. They've glimpsed the light, and also the darkness. I think we'll see huge improvements on offense and defense vs. Arkansas.

Reaction Score
Agree gives them time to tighten up and work on the things they need to work on which are numerous. Remember this is still a very young team.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

It's fine. I'm still buzzed from last March's 11 straight wins.

Reaction Score
Many of the areas for improvement seem to be pretty fundamental stuff.

For instance- it is a mystery to me why AO and AD seem to have issues working under the basket on the defensive end. Why we seem to waste so much of the shot clock without attempting a set play. Why we bring the ball up the floor a such a slow pace when we could kill teams in transition (although some of this could be the lack of a replacement for Bazz).The list goes on.

We do have all the pieces and talent to fix all of the above. If we "fix" our issues at the 4 and 5 spot we will have one of the best back courts and front courts in the country and it is very fixable. This is where you are stoked Barnes in not your coach.

Also we can be greatful that we are not Quse and have to spend the week talking about horrible non-basketball issues. We know how that feels.

Reaction Score
Things have changed now with RB's eligibility. They need a week to make player adjustments and to continue developing chemistry. Its a good time for it.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of talk about cupcakes, but this was a nice stretch of games leading up to big east play. asheville, ucf, fla st, arkansas, harvard. the two after that are not terrible either with holy cross beating BC by 22 and fairfield beating arizona st. it doesn't have a blockbuster game, but there aren't any push-overs.

regarding time between games, i think its safe to say shabazz doesn't have the same stamina and endurance that kemba did. maybe nobody does. he needs rest and the upcoming schedule should have him fresh for big east play.

Reaction Score
no one should have to be asked to do what kemba did playing 40 minutes every game or pretty close to it now with Boat back Napier can get a breather and also have pressure taken off him when he is in the game with Boat. UConn 3432 I agree our schedule isnt as weak as we all thought.

Reaction Score
isnt our game right after our football game vs Cincinnati on ESPN

Reaction Score
Good timing on the 6+ days off. Lamb, & Bazz are nursing minor injuries.

Reaction Score
the whole team seems to be either nursing a nagging injury, or sick (flu or something).

this is great timing for a week off. im not sure there will be a better one all season.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Good timing on the 6+ days off. Lamb, & Bazz are nursing minor injuries.

It also sounded like a lot of players on the team were sick as well. They said that AD had an injured wrist (and nose) and AO had the alleged hyperextended knee. Giffey has had game time to heal from his injured ankle.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Sorry as I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but when can we expect AD's mask to come off?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Sorry as I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but when can we expect AD's mask to come off?
They said 6-8 weeks so late December, early January. But with the way he seems to attract hits to the face, who nose (sic)?

Reaction Score
three games in three games is not enough

I need eight games in three games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members