Holy Crap - Gonzaga #1 | The Boneyard

Holy Crap - Gonzaga #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think it's pretty cool that Gonzaga is going to be ranked number 1 next week for the first time ever. I hope they win it all - that would be cool.

Well they have to beat BYU to get there, but if they do, again - awesome accomplishment for a school that's been so close.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Speaking of over rated white dudes... only ranked team they've beat is OK State.

We really could be the next Gonzaga in the NBE, where you only need to beat one ranked team, lose to the rest, and mop up your weak-ass conference to get a top 10 ranking and a 2-1 seed in the tourney.

....but I know we enjoy actually earning our rankings, as opposed to having them deferred to us when other teams lose to real competition.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Yeah well when you have over rated black players along with over rated white players and an over rated coach you're pretty much guaranteed some love in the rankings.

I mean imagine how many shirts they'd pump out at Cuse if they had the conference schedule Gonzaga has.

Reaction Score
Good for them . At the end of the day, the NCAA tour. will determine who is number one. If this was FB then you could have a lively debate.

1. This.

2. I would be surprised if 'Zaga ends up a one seed. They normally get seeded well below their showing in the polls because of the lack of quality wins. You can say they have the same amount of ranked wins as Syracuse, but I would guess they have far fewer Top 50 wins when using any of the power ratings.

Reaction Score
I don't mean seeding. The tour. winner will determine who is number one.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
1. This.

2. I would be surprised if 'Zaga ends up a one seed. They normally get seeded well below their showing in the polls because of the lack of quality wins. You can say they have the same amount of ranked wins as Syracuse, but I would guess they have far fewer Top 50 wins when using any of the power ratings.
top 50 teams Gonzaga's beat:

OU, K State, Baylor, OK State, Butler, St. Mary's

Seems kinda meh for a #1 team

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
My bad; looking for the Ls and moving across to see to whom it was gets messed up sometimes

Reaction Score
Even if they slip up @ BYU they should still get a low #2 seed on the curve. I watched every game this year that Gonzaga played. They can win it all if they get good match-ups in the tourney but it will be tough. I didn't know they had a message board over there until today. The #'s look great unless you put no value on stats/Kenpom. I do...

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=878239#post878239

Gonzaga is pretty easy to root for comparatively speaking in a year UConn is not eligible.

Reaction Score
1. This.

Zags against top 50 RPI= 5-2, 'Cuse= 4-5. so they've both played the same amount of games against top 50 with the Zags having the better record. Zags have a #10 RPI rating, and the "Cuse #12. "Cuse's SOS is much better, though.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
top 50 teams Gonzaga's beat:

OU, K State, Baylor, OK State, Butler, St. Mary's

Seems kinda meh for a #1 team
Weird that 4 of those teams happen to be Big 12 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom