Holly Warlick's "Over The Top" RX To Loss | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Holly Warlick's "Over The Top" RX To Loss

Reaction Score
I have always been of the mind that the TN problem is all on Holly.... Just from the standpoint that the head coach has total control of ALL that takes place in her program, and is 100% responsible for the results

As of the point she started I could see errors she was making in game coaching.... and could see that she did not have control of her team... either that or she was not holding them to standards that she presumably set.... if they were similar to when she was asst coach..... defensive sets, any offensive scheme at all.... rebounding position.... shot selection.... perimeter defense etc etc....

I never expected her to be another Pat.... Pat was an icon.... But I did and have expected her to be a solid x's and o's and fundamental coach.... who could marshall the talent Tennessee has had for the last several years.... the result has been embarrassing losses... and even some of the wins have been underwhelming....

I just think of WWGD What would Geno do.... if players were not boxing out... were jacking shots.... weren't assuming defensive posture.... were not showing effort.... etc.... even the things that many think you cannot coach... like shooting free throws and making layups.... (they missed 30 bunnies one game no more than 3 weeks ago)

Don't want to beat a dead horse..... and as a contra fan I hope Holly coaches a lifetime.... but her coaching acumen and ability to command respect is far short of what it should be

Reaction Score
You are correct. Holly will still be head coach next year—which is the last year of her current contract. But she is on thin ice to say the least. Barring the loss of any current players or recruits (a big if) next year’s team will include four freshmen, four sophomores, one junior, and two seniors for a total of eleven. It will still be a VERY YOUNG team. With the loss of the three experienced senior leaders, Nared, Dunbar, and Russell, significant improvement next year will be difficult at best. So, yes, I expect that Holly’s performance next year will determine her future as head coach. Her apparent inability to develop an decent offense especially galls me. So, we shall see. . . .

I would like to say that the jokes in this thread made at Rennia (Ruh-Nye’-Uh) Davis’ expense bother me. I realize the jibs were aimed at Holly and Tennessee, but it comes across as doing so at Ms. Davis’ expense. If you read the articles you will realize that she is simply saying: “I hate this feeling and I am going to work my butt off in the off-season to improve my game and come back in the Fall as a stronger, more skilled, and more versatile team player. I hate losing.” What’s not to like about that kind of mindset? She’s a great kid—2017 Gatorade Player of the Year in Florida. Geno would approve. LOL

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You are correct. Holly will still be head coach next year—which is the last year of her current contract. But she is on thin ice to say the least. Barring the loss of any current players or recruits (a big if) next year’s team will include four freshmen, four sophomores, one junior, and two seniors for a total of eleven. It will still be a VERY YOUNG team. With the loss of the three experienced senior leaders, Nared, Dunbar, and Russell, significant improvement next year will be difficult at best. So, yes, I expect that Holly’s performance next year will determine her future as head coach. Her apparent inability to develop an decent offense especially galls me. So, we shall see. . . .

I would like to say that the jokes in this thread made at Rennia (Ruh-Nye’-Uh) Davis’ expense bother me. I realize the jibs were aimed at Holly and Tennessee, but it comes across as doing so at Ms. Davis’ expense. If you read the articles you will realize that she is simply saying: “I hate this feeling and I am going to work my butt off in the off-season to improve my game and come back in the Fall as a stronger, more skilled, and more versatile team player. I hate losing.” What’s not to like about that kind of mindset? She’s a great kid—2017 Gatorade Player of the Year in Florida. Geno would approve. LOL

If you're annoyed and feel these are "jokes at Rennia (Ruh-Nye'-Uh) Davis's expense," you are rather sensitive to be in this part of town. Ruh-Nye'-Uh has the right to aspire to, and believe in, a goal of surpassing the second round. We have the right to differ with Ruh-Nye'-Uh.

And what's with the pronunciation guide? Did someone on this site mispronounce her name?

Reaction Score
Rennia.... she should by all means "aspire higher" .... and as Margo pointed out... it is good that some players are truly pixxed off.... hopefully for them this is the start of building the achievement ladder for next year.... even though I am not Holly believer, I actually root for the players and their performance

Reaction Score
Some say the Heir Apparent. Hope so. He's done such a great job with Russel.

21314621_1924783904453095_6020692948860246342_n.jpg

Fire a legacy, hire one more.

They really need a point guard who can get the biggs the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom