Holly Warlick | The Boneyard

Holly Warlick

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Does Holly have clue. Tennessee is down by 12 with about 9 minutes to go and she's interviewed on the sidelines and asked how Tennessee, down 52-40, gets back into the game. Her reply is defense and rebounding despite the fact that her team had scored 6 points in nearly 11 minutes. Priceless!

Reaction Score
Does Holly have clue. Tennessee is down by 12 with about 9 minutes to go and she's interviewed on the sidelines and asked how Tennessee, down 52-40, gets back into the game. Her reply is defense and rebounding despite the fact that her team had scored 6 points in nearly 11 minutes. Priceless!
Ever like to take one back? ;) Their D got them to OT:)

toadfoot

Reaction Score
Ever like to take one back? ;) Their D got them to OT:)
Uh, no. Obviously you can't win if you don't stop your opponent from scoring, but Tennessee won because they scored 20 points in the last 6 minutes after getting only 9 in the first 14.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But it worked! That and the complete collapse by Gonzaga...

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
I am amazed that she is happy with that effort against an 11 seed!!!! Hope they make it 2 the final 4 and face Uconn. That will be a hoot.

I, for one, would love to endure the pummeling that we'd receive from you guys. It would mean that we kept fighting and beat a team we weren't suppose to. Proud of the comeback. We sucked all game but found a way to win.

Reaction Score
It was a great comeback but Gonzaga really choked at the end of regulation with turnovers ( bouncing a ball off the foot) and the missed free throws from supposedly the best free throw shooter in the nation according to ESPN. Really surprised at the trouble Tenn had with Gonzaga. I was expecting a fifteen to twenty point blowout with a numer eleven seed. Really surprised to see a close game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Zags didn't have a guard that could handle the Lady Vols pressure. Moriah would have no problems handling the pressure the Lady Vols applied against Gonzaga

toadfoot

Reaction Score
But it worked! That and the complete collapse by Gonzaga...
What I've maintained all year is that EVERY SEC team is offensively flawed and more than capable of having an offensive stinker against almost anyone. Some play solid defense, like Tennessee, but this result was really due to Gonzaga's pathetic ball skills, especially their PG. No way Tennessee should have benn down 17 to that team.

Reaction Score
Uh, no. Obviously you can't win if you don't stop your opponent from scoring, but Tennessee won because they scored 20 points in the last 6 minutes after getting only 9 in the first 14.

Uh, your right I should have never challenged your basketball knowledge claiming Holly had no clue. Heck I never even thought after playing, coaching, following basketball both men and women for decades the team that scores the most wins the game!
Her time out statement and coming out with relentless full court pressure the rest of the game including OT thus creating O off of D had nothing to do with it. A foolish thought on my part. Yep Holly had no clue...I stand corrected...

Reaction Score
I am amazed that she is happy with that effort against an 11 seed!!!! Hope they make it 2 the final 4 and face Uconn. That will be a hoot.
I don't want them to have the honor of playing us but if it happens you are right it will be a hoot!

Reaction Score
IMO The TN comeback and OT win had more to be with Gonzaga than TN! The 1st year coach had no clue more than Holly Warlick, if that's possible! Gonzaga with an established Head Coach there is NO WAY TN makes that comeback! You're up 17 points you don't change anything! If aggressive play and getting the ball inside to your bigs gets you that lead why do you take the foot off the gas and become a slow-down perimeter team? When the going got tough her husband also her asst. did most of the talking in the huddles, she had NO answer for her players to keep them focused! You can tell TN has been in that beaten down, clueless position many times before, so they could draw on those frustrations to come back! Geno has always said before you can have a major success you must suffer a major heartbreak, so this is Gonzaga's major heartbreak!

Reaction Score
I have always been a Holly critic..... from the start..... tried for a long time to give her the benefit of the doubt, but there is too much there that she has left a visible stamp on in the program which is not good..... so I resist the temptation to pile on..... Holly is a good person, congratulations to her and the Lady Vols on their win, and good luck to them on Monday night...... and as far as Gonzaga's coach, yes she lost it, she will learn .... she is so young.... i feel sorry for her players...... it will be a good game hopefully Monday night... Maryland has been a very quiet 30 something and 2 this year..... and their players have talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom