Holly Tags One of their Own for Assistant C | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Holly Tags One of their Own for Assistant C

Reaction Score
I agree that IF TN Admin apologized publicly to Geno and Maya--that could end the Home an HOME--issue. Would it be great for WBB?? That remains to be seen.
But Both schools are stuck in bitter old thoughts of a long forgotten fleeting incident the rest of WBB wonder --WHAT?? When it's crazy head is raised--new WBB College fans may think --these crazy OLD people-whats the complaint ??

BwV- - - Geno is definitely old world Italian as far as morals and lies go! So even though younger UCONN & WBB fans don't understand the feud, in his mind Maya Moore's Mom deserves an apology for the lies from the TN talking suits!
His Italian is really visible when he feels one of his so-called FAMILY is attacked unjustifiably and needs to be defended! He is stubborn and right or wrong he'll defend those morals to the death!

Reaction Score
You know what happens when you rest on your laurels? They wilt. Tenn has wilted and Holly is proof positive. Summer camp can't do it for Holly. She lacks both acumen and the ability to read, channel and grow player abilities, let alone mesh a whole bunch of them into a team playing 21st century basketball. As for in game adjustments, forget about it!

Yes Amen!!! As said before I was trying to be charitable.... But Holy Gamole!!! Holly has really manifested incompetence to the degree that it is blatantly obvious to the School of the Hard of Knowing.... From motivation, to expectations, to game management, to clock management.... all of it..... I have seen countless times when a 20 second last shot clock milk was in order and they shot the ball at 10... I remember in the NCAAs couple of years ago vs i think MD, when down by 3 and 40 seconds left..... drove freely down the lane, only to give up the gimme 2 to pass out for the contested 3..... of course did not work out well.... countless examples.... and of course the best of them all "I would fix things if I knew what was wrong"... Wow.... Holly should have stayed as asst.... she would have been good as long as it was strong personality like Pat who told her what to do..... She is way over her head... but of course I do not take pity when she is gladly accepting the paychecks.... The criticism - in this case all justified - comes with that territory.

Reaction Score
Well that's not very nice.
We run down to Tn, Bristol, Morristown, Knoxville --and everyone, even with my Uconn T or sweat
( I do it to get a rise out of anyone) and NONE has treated me with disrespect.
There are jerks everywhere--but I met NONE in Tn.
Not nice.

Reaction Score
We run down to Tn, Bristol, Morristown, Knoxville --and everyone, even with my Uconn T or sweat
( I do it to get a rise out of anyone) and NONE has treated me with disrespect.
There are jerks everywhere--but I met NONE in Tn.
Not nice.
Well I certainly have

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sorry, it would not appear this is the case.

As to "favoring the success of....the Lady Vols," for me personally, "Burn in hell" better describes my sentiment. I would like to see a lot more teams get competitive, but LV isn't one of them.
I wish I could like your post 100 times. WCBB does not "need" them, and I as a fan do not want to see them succeed... ever...!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Gordon was a fantastic player. The first superstar at Tennessee. She graduated as all time leader in points, and steals. Now as a coach I know there are some that didn't care for this hire. I'm willing to see how it works. I have seen some positive comments from former players.

Reaction Score
Gordon was a fantastic player. The first superstar at Tennessee. She graduated as all time leader in points, and steals. Now as a coach I know there are some that didn't care for this hire. I'm willing to see how it works. I have seen some positive comments from former players.

Yes a superb player .... I remember her.... Tenn wish they had her still playing with her grit.... great role model .... hope she does well in that position....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
While I am sure that Gordon is a very good coach, my only thought is that Holly and all of her assistants are around 5o years of age or greater. Clearly, there have been some issues between players and the coaching staff. Holly might have considered adding a younger coach to her staff that has more in common with the players.

Agreed. I do not know a ton about Gordon's track record as a coach, but I'd imagine that finding a top rate younger assistant was no easy task for Holly, especially this late in the offseason. Most of the solid assistants were likely scooped up earlier in the offseason and Gordon was probably the top option out there.

I also can't imagine being Holly's assistant is a very sought after position at this point considering the program has taken a downward spiral and the longevity of staying at Tennessee is in question with Holly on the hot seat if results don't improve in the next year or two.

Reaction Score
I've been to 2 regular season UConn-UT games in Knoxville - don't tell me about "nice."

Nuthin' personal tho...

I never was to Knoxville, but was to a number of final four games when T was in its prime [Philadelphia, Tampa, New Orleans, Atlanta and San Antonio are some I remember] . Forget Pat, T fans were just plain beligerant. I personally dont care if we ever play them.

Reaction Score
I never was to Knoxville, but was to a number of final four games when T was in its prime [Philadelphia, Tampa, New Orleans, Atlanta and San Antonio are some I remember] . Forget Pat, T fans were just plain beligerant. I personally dont care if we ever play them.

Padutch5- - - -I agree 150%! That's why this horrible coaching/play at TN recently while UCONN is tearing up WCBB is so satisfying because the majority of TN fans are biting their tongues in disbelief that the Huskies are really the TOP DOG of a program!

Reaction Score
My Vol NCAA violation thread seems to have vanished so I'll place this nice video of the new top Tennesse recruit arriving on campus here.

Yes, it has calmed down.... It's ok to come out now!!!!! I too am anxious to see Westbrook play.... she should have the goods

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom