Holly Rowe | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Holly Rowe

Reaction Score
Feeling always as a welcomed guest on this site, I offer an apology.

In writing the statement I did earlier today attempting to identify with the Boneyard's care for Holly and with cancer patients, survivors, and families, I might have been read as self-serving.

Great regret; my apology.

It's about Holly.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My prayers are with her and her family as she fights this terrible disease.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
still a cutie to me, get well soon
RS340134_20150405_4S2_6693-mar-946x500.jpg

Reaction Score
Holly is one of the classiest reporters that ESPN has. It's nice to see her hard work rewarded with this new contract. It goes without saying we all wish her well going forward with her treatment.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bummer. Best wishes and prayers to her as she continues this fight.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Cancer is one of the scariest words, if not the most. As a surviving C, (I don't know ex actually you can call yourself a survivor,
most treatments lack the FUN aspect. My treatment recovery, not the cancer recovery was about 7 years---. Skin cancer is one of the Cancers in the "leading" death category.

I lost my grandfather, an aunt, an uncle and my dad to cancer. My brother had stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 38 and 6 years later is still beating the odds. My mother and sister have both had melanomas. I know that the risks are high for everyone in my family and there is not a day that passes that I am not thankful that I don't get the call that another family member has cancer, including myself.

I have great respect for Holly and I agree that she is one of the "likable" ones and that she obviously loves the game...it shines through when she is on the sidelines. I wish her nothing but the best and hope to be hearing her enthusiastic voice for many years to come.

Reaction Score
Holly is one of my favorite ESPN personalities. I truly wish her all the very best as she fights this dreaded disease.
I hope she kicks cancer's butt!

Reaction Score
I lost my grandfather, an aunt, an uncle and my dad to cancer. My brother had stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 38 and 6 years later is still beating the odds. My mother and sister have both had melanomas. I know that the risks are high for everyone in my family and there is not a day that passes that I am not thankful that I don't get the call that another family member has cancer, including myself.

I have great respect for Holly and I agree that she is one of the "likable" ones and that she obviously loves the game...it shines through when she is on the sidelines. I wish her nothing but the best and hope to be hearing her enthusiastic voice for many years to come.

While some cancers "run in families" (apparently)---there is a lot of evidence that it isn't a guarantee you'll get it.
some "family" cancers are due to locations, surroundings, style of living not genes. I wouldn't ring my hands thinking I'm next if I were you---proper eating, exercise, etc--you'll do well. But like me you should do the roto rooter thing (colonoscopy) -every 5 years (10 years for most).

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
One of my roadie friends has stage 4 brain cancer and continues to lose ground. It's only been a couple of years since we cruised MO Route 66 on their annual motor tour. Sad beyond words.

Reaction Score
Both my parents and my younger brother passed from cancer ( prostate, pancreatic and melanoma). I have had lung cancer twice, melanoma and the latest skin cancer, all in the last 11 years. I tend to think it is genetic, at least a proclivity for it. My younger sister has Alzheimer's, so she escaped the cancer genetic but maybe one worse.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My heart is broken. This is so devastating to her and her family. Yet there is still hope, and I will still hold to it until there is none left. I will still hold to the goodness in her heart, her fortitude and the prayers of others to pull her through. I hope she realizes she is not fighting this alone, and we are all sending all of our love and good wishes for her recovery.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom